Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PS-54_Config.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 6.49.21 PM (resized).png
25F7E47D-20E7-4701-A6B0-3FB6E1CE8D39 (resized).jpeg
960573F9-DA2F-4F38-A093-A75DAC0670FE (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hi all, another one of these converting posts here.

I read a bunch of them, so I’m pretty sure I’m on the right track, just want to be certain as well as ask a couple other things.

If I understand correctly, based on the schematic I just need to move the jumpers on the plug below so that 2 goes to 8, 3 goes to 6, and 7 goes to 10. My understanding is that the yellow wire is 1 and the blue wire is 5, but I also just want some confirmation on that.

Is there a safe way to unpin the plug in the pic, or should I get a new one? I think I have all the right pins and tools coming, but just want to be certain that I’m on the right track and that I’m going to do this correctly and safely.

Thank you all!

25F7E47D-20E7-4701-A6B0-3FB6E1CE8D39 (resized).jpeg25F7E47D-20E7-4701-A6B0-3FB6E1CE8D39 (resized).jpeg960573F9-DA2F-4F38-A093-A75DAC0670FE (resized).jpeg960573F9-DA2F-4F38-A093-A75DAC0670FE (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

My understanding is that the yellow wire is 1 and the blue wire is 5, but I also just want some confirmation on that.

That appears correct and everything you stated matches the schematic you posted.

For your absolute confirmation of pin numbers and future reference, look at the plastic connector housing under high magnification and you should see microscopically small numbers imprinted into the plastic near some or all holes. Unplug and check each side.

Example: I think I can make out a "6" and then a "5" in your photo. Therefore, the photo presently shows jumpers at 4-8 and 7-9, which matches the 220 V configuration on your schematic.

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 6.49.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-02-25 at 6.49.21 PM (resized).png

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:

That appears correct and everything you stated matches the schematic you posted.
For your absolute confirmation of pin numbers and future reference, look at the plastic connector housing under high magnification and you should see microscopically small numbers imprinted into the plastic near some or all holes. Unplug and check each side.
Example: I think I can make out a "6" and then a "5" in your photo...
[quoted image]

Excellent! Thank you for confirmation.

I do now see the numbers, and I have a pin extractor tool coming as well.

Thank you so much!

#4 1 year ago

If the connector housing doesn't show the numbers, usually one corner will be shaped different to the other corners signifying it's pin 1.

Here's an old picture showing the pin 1 tab - you can see it on your housing too.

PS-54_Config.jpgPS-54_Config.jpg

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

If the connector housing doesn't show the numbers, usually one corner will be shaped different to the other corners signifying it's pin 1.
Here's an old picture showing the pin 1 tab - you can see it on your housing too.
[quoted image]

I do see it, on mine! It was super dirty, but I was able to see it to confirm.

Thank you for the info, I feel so much better about this now than I did when I got the game. I saw plenty of pics and had it shipped, but the seller never once mentioned it was 220V. He did give me a step up transformer, so at least I can play it, but I don’t want to keep using that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

825 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-spy-hunter-from-220v-to-110v and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.