• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi,
I just purchased a new Rob Zombie (Spooky Pinball) it runs on 110 volt. Is there a guide to convert it to 220 volt?

#2 2 years ago

I would email them for help - [email protected]

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Easy.

You need to unscrew the large power supply at the bottom of the cabinet.

At the rear of it, there is a switch you can slide to make it 230v.

Obviously - do this before you plug it in.

Then you will need to get a new AC power cord to plug into the connector at the back of the machine.

Easy!!

rd

11 months later
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Easy.
You need to unscrew the large power supply at the bottom of the cabinet.
At the rear of it, there is a switch you can slide to make it 230v.
Obviously - do this before you plug it in.
Then you will need to get a new AC power cord to plug into the connector at the back of the machine.
Easy!!
rd

No kidding? Is this true for all Spooky Pinball? I am about to do it with my TNA and had not investigated how difficult it would be.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from EarlOfEgo:

No kidding? Is this true for all Spooky Pinball? I am about to do it with my TNA and had not investigated how difficult it would be.

Why change it ... are you moving to a 230v country?

If so - yeah!

Also - just double check the second power supply in the game (present in Rick and Morty, probably in TNA). Spooky generally uses a auto-ranging unit but I know some R&M had manual adjusting units installed. Should be fine but it’d pay to double check before powering up.

rd

3 weeks later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why change it ... are you moving to a 230v country?
rd

Yes indeed. Just got my pins delivered to me in Belgium. I verified with the owners manual and again with Spooky. You are correct. Just a little red switch on the back of the power supply and everything is up and running. Now I just need to figure out how to get my other 7 games going. Any advice on any other manufacturers. I am going to do my WOZ next, followed by the SS Hulk, and then on to the Bally/Williams games. (I will leave my 2 Sterns for another day. That's a whole can of worms.) I have a Bally EM, but it needs some repairs, so it is low on the priority list.

#7 1 year ago

The BW games are the easiest, you just need to change the wiring loops and the line cord.

Details in the manual.

WOZ will probably be the same I imagine. Or maybe similar to the spooky, depending on how they’ve done the transformer/supply. I have no experience with those.

Hulk, you’ll need to check the transformer number, but 95% it will have a 110v only transformer and you’ll have to use or install a stepdown transformer.

Your EM, same thing ... but if it’s a later Bally or Williams it could have a universal transformer. It varies by model. Games like Wizard and Capt Fantastic generally have the new transformer.

Sterns - depending what they are, there are workarounds.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 129.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.50
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!