10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RJW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I've got a couple pins that I'd like to convert to coin based. They both have home Roms, and their coin doors accept quarter sized coins. Is it easy to convert to coins? Just a matter of replacing the ROM? Also my tokens are slightly larger than quarter size so they don't fit through the slot. Do you file the slot? Or are there parts to replace?

#2 10 years ago

Need coin mechs and coin slots to fit the style of token you are using

Which games are they that have home roms? If true, you can buy plug and play roms from people like John wart jr

#3 10 years ago

The only homeroms that are only freeplay are CV and TZ I think ?
    All other games you don't need another rom version for but need to install and configure the correct coin mech.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks, I'll order new coin mechs today. The games are TZ and CFTBL. Looks like I'll have to order a TZ ROM too. Thanks for the expertise!

#5 10 years ago

You want 9.4CH for TZ. It's the hacked version of the home ROM.

#6 10 years ago

You don't have to get new mechs. You can make some very easy modifications to the workings, and use a dremmel cut-off wheel to open up the coin slots and voila... you can take tokens.

The downside is that it will take just about anything... but unless you are planning to put them on route, this shouldn't a problem.

I converted all of mine over to take Chuck E. tokens... If you can't figure it out, give me a shout and I can help you.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

The only homeroms that are only freeplay are CV and TZ I think ?
    All other games you don't need another rom version for but need to install and configure the correct coin mech.

The WH2O and DM I owned both had home roms and they were both Free Play only.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-home-rom-to-tokens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.