(Topic ID: 112622)

Converting Got sys3 flippers to b/w

By Atomicboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

This is just goofy. All that is needed is to ask Steve young for the custom sys3 coil stops. They have a longer stop which limits the amount of flipper travel. Thus making the original sys3 flippers more Bally/Williams feeling. All for about $5 and without changing coils or assemblies.

#12 9 years ago

i guess if you want to pretend that system3 games aren't really system3 games, you can do that flipper conversion. but to me it's a gottlieb, and it's not supposed to feel like a bally/williams game! if that's what i wanted, i would just buy bally/williams games.

the issue i have is the extreme travel of the system3 flippers. it makes the games too easy to drop catch. i've seen people that aren't good players get 15 minute balls on our system3 games with 'normal' system3 flippers.

#14 9 years ago

just rebuilding the original sys3 flippers and the modified coil stops will get you what you want. without doing a wacky conversion. a new plunger/link and coil sleeve and the custom stops costs very little. the rest of the mech really isn't any different than bally/williams.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-got-sys3-flippers-to-bw?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.