(Topic ID: 98373)

Converting EMs to SSs (and creating replica machines)

By mfresh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Valve Radios.jpg
    sciencefairregen.png
    100P1.jpg
    Goldblum.jpg
    nospam.gif
    dr-evil-spam.jpeg
    image.jpg
    Spirits.JPG
    Tp.JPG
    DSCN2945.JPG
    DSCN2941.JPG
    Bill 074.jpg
    Tonka.JPG
    d9366956-c577-46a9-926c-8d2e4ed95146.jpg
    5d1f60e6e3559427bcd3a6b9c35c6836.jpg
    gpk.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Sure would be nice to see an article that some guy is converting SS to EM's in large numbers for a change.

Ken

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It would be like converting a charcoal grill to propane.

Oh oh! Here we go again!

Ken

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

No No Please i cant take it!

You know, I just love Propane

Ken

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I miss are things that are no longer available anywhere such as Delaware Punch.

I used to sell it and liked it myself. Great label and a very good stable seller back in the 80's. You could always sell a corner store a case of DP every week or two in the S.F. Bay Area. I used to sell Calso Water for the bars as well, but the newer Crystal Geyser and Calistoga eventually killed that brand. Pickle Head bars loved Calso as it had bicarbonate of soda for your hangover, so basically Alkaseltzer already mixed.

Ken

#52 9 years ago

This was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. It was non carbonated and you could really slug them down on a hot day.

Yummm!

Ken

bireleys soda.jpgbireleys soda.jpg
    #56 9 years ago

Ha! Too funny Pin-it, I used to sell Sioux City sarsaparilla and cream soda back when it was new too! Great Stuff and a great seller back in the 80'a as well.

Ken

#63 9 years ago

Cans are OK, but bottles used to rock!

Ken

crush btl.jpgcrush btl.jpg
    #68 9 years ago

But what about me and my RC

Ken

rc cola.jpgrc cola.jpg
    #84 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It's all about Faygo.

Never saw or heard of that soda before.

This was what you had as a kid growing up in S.F.CA.

Ken

its-it.gifits-it.gif Its-It-Ice-Cream.jpgIts-It-Ice-Cream.jpg
    #91 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Oh, and I prefered RC as a kid. You got a bigger bottle for the same price as Coke or Pepsi!

Yea, I liked RC and Pepsi better than Coke back then. Now I don't drink any of them, but it's because of the caffeine and caffeine free versions just taste weird to me.

Ken

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

What's he using for logic boards/etc for these conversions?

Only the best

Ken

timker toy.jpgtimker toy.jpg
    #189 9 years ago

No worries!

Major Matt Mason will take care of those aliens!

Ken

major-matt-mason.jpgmajor-matt-mason.jpg major-matt-mason 1.jpgmajor-matt-mason 1.jpg Major Matt Mason Lab.jpgMajor Matt Mason Lab.jpg
    #205 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I built models

Me Too!

Quite a bit on ship models and some car models.

Ken

bismarck.jpgbismarck.jpg
    tamiya_bismarck_350-vi.jpgtamiya_bismarck_350-vi.jpg

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was called the Peeping Bomb. The Red Baron didn't handle the supercharger so well.

I still have both and plenty of others. Peeping bomb headlights turn on too by pulling back the lever inside the interior which was a cool feature.

Ken

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

Hey guys I've been thinking about going the other way and converting some of my SS to EM, I was thinking Twilight Zone or Funhouse, shouldn't be too hard

Easy money, most likely just have to change out a few fuses to complete the project.

Ken

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Hey Ken, that gumball machine in Twilight Zone would need a whole bank of relays to function as an EM. Would it not? That spinning clock could also be challenging to make work as an EM.

Yea Darcy, By my calculation the Twilight Zone conversion EM project will need at least 24 Stepper units, a dozen Relay Banks, a half dozen motors, and need a Atari Hercules Cabinet to fit it all.

No problem.

Ken

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

WOW amazing, this thread is sort of "back on topic".

Yes Chris, I agree that it is time to get things back on track with this thread and also at the same time mention my concern about a certain person who keeps trying to SPAM this thread. A no SPAM policy is now in effect.

Ken

dr-evil-spam.jpegdr-evil-spam.jpeg nospam.gifnospam.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-ems-to-sss-and-creating-replica-machines?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.