2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SWMurphy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I have a Gottlieb baseball from 1970 that is missing it's lockdown bar which uses the stud style bar. Since those are near impossible to find, I'm wondering if i can convert it to use the shark fin style receiver and lockdown bar which is easier to find. When looking at the receiver on my Jungle Queen it looks like it should fit but i figured i would ask before i spend money on parts that may not work. Thank you in advance for any advice.

#3 2 years ago

Thank you for the reply. The thing is though the shark fin style is on some em's like jungle queen. How much did you have to modify the receiver?

#5 2 years ago

Thanks, that sounds like more work then i was hoping. I am now thinking oh buying the buttons and welding them to a shark fin lockdown bar after cutting the fins off obviously. The buttons are only 2.22 each. Wish i had a junk shark fin lockdown bar to test with incase i mess it up lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SWMurphy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-a-gottlieb-stud-style-lockdown-to-a-shark-fin-style?tu=SWMurphy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.