1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FF27BB8E-6B00-4A9D-9A25-37723A804D8F (resized).jpeg
    EC82DD2D-8AF6-4933-A7B9-8290E7B69BEB (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Can someone let me know how to convert my IJ wpc import power box to an ac outlet I purchased from Pinball life? See pics. Thank you!!

EC82DD2D-8AF6-4933-A7B9-8290E7B69BEB (resized).jpegFF27BB8E-6B00-4A9D-9A25-37723A804D8F (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

I really have no idea what you're trying to do. Did you just receive an IJ and you want to make sure you can plug it into the wall stateside?

#3 1 year ago

I think he's asking for help / information on installing a service outlet.

#4 1 year ago

Yes, I need help installing the pictured ac service outlet. I need to plug a pinstadium kit into it. I’m not sure where to solder the green, white, and black wires.

#5 1 year ago

Do you want to have the outlet turn off and on with the power switch?

#7 1 year ago

Aaah... Well if you connect it to the black/white/green that are coming into the box from the wall outlet (the one you connect your black computer cable to when you're plugging in the game itself), the outlet will always be on. If you connect the black and white to the black and white that go from the switch to the game internals, you'll have it controlled by the switch. Make sur eyou connect the green to the other green, does not matter exactly where.

#8 1 year ago

I’d like to be able to flip the switch and it turns on the game and powers the ac outlet. How would I do that?

#9 1 year ago

In that case tie it in after the switch...you will probably have to remove the pinkish connectors, tie in the wires, and either recrimp or replace the pinkish connectors.
    Just make sure the game is unplugged before doing anything.

#10 1 year ago

Okay. Thanks. I’m still a bit confused. I’m still not sure exactly where to solder the green, black, and white wires? Sorry, I’m a total newbie and i’m Trying to set up a pinstadium kit that needs to plug in.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Okay. Thanks. I’m still a bit confused. I’m still not sure exactly where to solder the green, black, and white wires? Sorry, I’m a total newbie and i’m Trying to set up a pinstadium kit that needs to plug in.

Solder the green wire to the other green wire. Solder the white wire to the other white wire to the right of the green wire. Connect the black wire to the black wire on the switch that leaves the metal box to the right.

#12 1 year ago

Hi grumpy, how do I connect the ac service outlet black wire to the black wire that leaves the box to the right? And if I do connect/solder it, which spot do I connect it at?

#13 1 year ago

You can remove the pink spade connector from the switch, cut it off and install a new on with both black wires in it. Or you can cut the black wire in the middle and connect the 3 ends together with a wire nut. Make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall first!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 28.00
    $ 157.00
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 279.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside