(Topic ID: 194113)

Convert to domestic (SG, TZ, JD, DW, SWEP1)

By dri

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dri
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a bunch of re-imported games I'm running on external step-down transformers. I want to get rid of these transformers as I'm very unlikely to move back to Europe.

I managed to convert an SST that I sold, a very easy re-pinning of a "looped dongle". This seems to be the case with SWEP1 and SG after browsing through the manuals.

However, TZ and DW lists a "line filter assembly" A-15707-120V and JD has a similar part, A-16970-120V.

Anyone have success stories and/or specific howto's on these project, I'd be eternally grateful. The line filter assemblies are not the typically stocked part it seems.

#3 3 years ago

The Stargate is easy. There's a connector plug on the transformer with jumpers in it. You can either grab the US jumper plug, or look in the manual in order to re-jumper it for US voltage (there are three jumpers). You may need mini-fit jr connector pins and the extraction tool.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=149

2 months later
#4 3 years ago

If some poor soul finds this thread:
JD, TZ and DW - Used the WPC schematic manual (first few pages) as reference to change the varistor (#150-5001-00), fuse (8A) and re-pinned plug to the transformer.
SG - Changed F1 and F2, re-pinned plug fitted on the line-filter box as per the SG game manual.
SWEP1 - Changed fuse and took the lazy route, bought a domestic jumper plug (H-22990.1-1) for the line-filter box. Pinning and fuse rating in the P2K schematics manual.

Crimps and fuses from https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/, varistors and P2K plug from Marcos.

No fires and I now have 2 x 5000W step/up-down transformers for sale if anyone would be interested (no shipping!).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 189.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 14.95
$ 132.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 42.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 88.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 149.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Inc
$ 109.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bakersfield, CA
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
£ 107.00
9,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Grandview, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside