(Topic ID: 194113)

Convert to domestic (SG, TZ, JD, DW, SWEP1)

By dri

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dri
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a bunch of re-imported games I'm running on external step-down transformers. I want to get rid of these transformers as I'm very unlikely to move back to Europe.

I managed to convert an SST that I sold, a very easy re-pinning of a "looped dongle". This seems to be the case with SWEP1 and SG after browsing through the manuals.

However, TZ and DW lists a "line filter assembly" A-15707-120V and JD has a similar part, A-16970-120V.

Anyone have success stories and/or specific howto's on these project, I'd be eternally grateful. The line filter assemblies are not the typically stocked part it seems.

#3 6 years ago

The Stargate is easy. There's a connector plug on the transformer with jumpers in it. You can either grab the US jumper plug, or look in the manual in order to re-jumper it for US voltage (there are three jumpers). You may need mini-fit jr connector pins and the extraction tool.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=149

2 months later
#4 6 years ago

If some poor soul finds this thread:
JD, TZ and DW - Used the WPC schematic manual (first few pages) as reference to change the varistor (#150-5001-00), fuse (8A) and re-pinned plug to the transformer.
SG - Changed F1 and F2, re-pinned plug fitted on the line-filter box as per the SG game manual.
SWEP1 - Changed fuse and took the lazy route, bought a domestic jumper plug (H-22990.1-1) for the line-filter box. Pinning and fuse rating in the P2K schematics manual.

Crimps and fuses from https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/, varistors and P2K plug from Marcos.

No fires and I now have 2 x 5000W step/up-down transformers for sale if anyone would be interested (no shipping!).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
£ 110.00
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convert-to-domestic-sg-tz-jd-dw-swep1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.