Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Mousin' Around that I'd like to put in public, but the coin door is a style that doesn't allow coins larger than quarters (the coin slot is part of the metal door, rather than a plastic piece attached to the reject mechanism). I also have a spare 3 slot WPC coin door, which according to the manuals is the same part number, and I would like to use. But the wiring appears different. The sys 11 coin door has a 3x5 connector and the WPC coin door has a 12 or 13 pin molex connector.

Is it possible to just change the connector on my better coin door and use it? If yes, how would I figure out the proper wiring placements in the new connector?

Thanks!

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Swap all the wiring and diagnostic switches over. Then you are good to go, plug and play.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

can you just swap out wiring harness?

#5 7 years ago

I've done this. I did this with my Whirlwind and Black Knight 2000 because I wanted to have the upper DBV to install a Pinnovators headphone jack (at a show so that players could actually hear the game's audio). I had to wire a custom bridge (wiring harness) between the two connector configurations.

The one caveat is that the button configuration between the doors is not the same. The System 11 door is a 3 button with two side momentary switches. The WPC is a 4 button with all momentary switches. They are also electrically different (but not impossible to bridge).

The work around for this I had was to hold the momentary switch in for the switching functionality. It's a little bit of a pain and probably completely unintuitive for those that don't know what's going on. I need to further investigate the possibility of moving the 3 button assembly from the System 11 door to the WPC door.

1 year later
#6 5 years ago

Anyone ever make a bridge harness wiring diagram available or list how to match up the pins?

I have a High Speed that m6 coin door is garbage and there are no system 11 coin doors available anywhere WPC doors are everywhere.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Anyone ever make a bridge harness wiring diagram available or list how to match up the pins?
I have a High Speed that m6 coin door is garbage and there are no system 11 coin doors available anywhere WPC doors are everywhere.

As said a couple times above, Swap out the wire harness for the coin door.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

If you're attending the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show come find me. You are welcome to see what I've done to my Whirlwind and Black Knight 2000. I think I also did it to my Laser War.

The fundamental problem you need to overcome is that WPC switches are dedicated grounded switches whereas the System 11 switches are either a combination of dedicated grounded momentary and latching or are on the switch matrix and therefore require a diode. For System 11 only the diagnostic switches are the dedicated grounded momentary and latching. Everything else (including the high score reset switch located near the diagnostic switches) are on the switch matrix.

I would consider what I've wired as v1.0. I'd like to either swap the 3 switches or find a latching switch to replace one of the WPC momentary switches. I wired up the harness because it's reversible. I can remove the harness and use the coin door in a WPC machine with no further modification.

#9 5 years ago

I will PM you - I am planning on having at least one of my games there - maybe my beat up High Speed with the hacked coin door. If that is not ready I will bring something - planning on being there for a good period of time. Definitely would like to see what you did - I had to use another coin door from Grand Lizard to just set the game to free play - maybe I just have a bad switch and need to replace it because once I swapped the door briefly I was able to change settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convert-coin-door-from-wpc-to-sys-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.