(Topic ID: 281481)

convert a 4 player EM to 2 players Possible?

By thelazybman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2a6bca1f2da9696e5a0561a02a992f5c21b80de7 (resized).jpg
    image-2 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Just kind of thinking out loud here I have been looking for a GOTTLIEB OUTER SPACE for years. I actually have a perfect N.O.S. back glass I've been holding on to. Anyhoo An ORBIT just came up locally, looks pretty rough,but it's cheap. How difficult would it be to convert to a 2 player version???

#2 3 years ago

I believe that the Backglass size is different between the two games as the backbox is physically different.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I believe that the Backglass size is different between the two games as the backbox is physically different.

Yep backbox physically different. Not uncommon going single to multiplayer.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He is referring to the 4 and 2 player versions, not the single player if I'm correct?

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/orbit

2a6bca1f2da9696e5a0561a02a992f5c21b80de7 (resized).jpg2a6bca1f2da9696e5a0561a02a992f5c21b80de7 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

He is referring to the 4 and 2 player versions, not the single player if I'm correct?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/orbit[quoted image]

Yes, two vs. four player Gottlieb's in the '70's were 3" different height-wise IIRC.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Yes, that makes a big difference. These look to be about the same but often the 4-player is taller ....

#7 3 years ago

I did not know a 1 player version existed. SPACE ORBIT?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

Different playfield on Space Orbit versud Orbit & Outer Space. Only backglass artwork is similar.

#9 3 years ago

Yes SPACE ORBIT 1 player was i think the year before, not the same

#10 3 years ago

You can hack the backbox if you're good with woodworks.......but you have to find measurments to make a new light board inside.....from NOS backglass? .......possible.

Edit:
    I'm not sure the height difference on Orbit/Outer Space....same height???
    Later games like Royal Flush/Card Whiz is 2" difference
    4" difference with 100K lights.....

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from thelazybman:

It was intended for Italy only. The playfield layout is very similar to the American-market games Polo and Mini-Cycle. There is circuitry that allows it to conform to Italian restrictions.
    .................David Marston

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convert-a-4-player-em-to-2-players-possible- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.