• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lady soldering (resized).jpg
996E6700-EE31-4510-9A5B-6A2DB6B11608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6570 (resized).JPEG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Did you change the wiring at the transformer when changing the board? Are you set up for 115 volts instead of 230 volts? Your voltages sound low.

#7 4 years ago

I’m not sure about compatibility, but it looks like the few solder connections I see are not good solder joints.

#14 4 years ago

I don't think so. You need to read between lug 13 and lug 14 on the transformer. You should read around 7.8 Volts AC. Reading between points E9 & E10 would measure the same thing.

It sounds like you are taking improper readings. Reading E9 to ground, or E10 to ground will not give a good reading. They do not have a connection to ground.

For your 5.4 volt DC reading, you should have only J2 plugged in, then power up, then read TP1 to ground - you should see the 5 volts.

#16 4 years ago

Measure the voltage at the bridge rectifier ac inputs. It should be the 8 VAC. Next, measure the DC volts across the bridge. Should be the five volts.

Is the transformer assembly screwed back in place in the head?

Just a question: is the ground braid from the cabinet connected to the ground braid in the head?

#18 4 years ago

I can’t see the schematic for your replacement board, but since you know the rectifier is good, you will have to physically trace from the rectifier positive output to TP1. You may have a break or TP1 on the new board is not the 5 volt test point.

#20 4 years ago

Did you verify TP1 on your board is the 5 volt test point? Do you have a copy of the schematic?

#23 4 years ago

Glad to see you got it going. I would let the manufacturer or the seller know about the break in continuity on this board in case they are having issues with production/QA. There may be others with the same issue and not realize what the problem is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/controlled-lamps-not-working-after-replacing-rectifier-board?tu=billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.