View topic image gallery

image.jpg
10885345_10203506100793940_3215158624114954099_n.jpg
8c80e2b9-cba9-462a-8331-3d295ab349e5_zps9477cb1d.jpg
image-620.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a Mousin Around.

I noticed that the controlled ball gate is missing the gate itself. The bracket and the ball gate actuator assembly is all there. It's just missing the gate or flap.

This is located at the upper right part of the playfeild, where the ball first enters the playfield, above the 3 lane guides.

Does anyone know what part number I need?

#2 9 years ago

Did you grab the one in South Bend?

#3 9 years ago

yep

#4 9 years ago

Dang. I was looking forward to meeting the person on the other side of the weird text responses and finally getting a Mousin' to call my own.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Dang. I was looking forward to meeting the person on the other side of the weird text responses and finally getting a Mousin' to call my own.

There's one for sale in Bay City Michigan right now....

#6 9 years ago

Will this help?image-620.jpgimage-620.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#7 9 years ago

#19, 19a ,Or #29?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's one for sale in Bay City Michigan right now....

I've exchanged messages about that Mousin'. I offered up an EATPM that I have in storage for it. Have you seen it in person? LED's in the pics on CL make it hard to really see.

#9 9 years ago

It's not going to be a part anyone carries, it's just a flat piece of metal, shaped with a hole on the end.
Might be able to take a picture later and post it here

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Blairally:

It's not going to be a part anyone carries, it's just a flat piece of metal, shaped with a hole on the end.
Might be able to take a picture later and post it here

I'd appreciate it.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I've exchanged messages about that Mousin'. I offered up an EATPM that I have in storage for it. Have you seen it in person? LED's in the pics on CL make it hard to really see.

No, I've never seen it. Just one pic with the game off, I think. I've seen four or five MA's over the past couple of years, and they've all had rough play fields. I suggest asking for more detailed pics. I know he's rebuilt the HV section of the power supply, and he claims it 100% working now. I'll ask if he has any more pics.

#12 9 years ago

I've looked all over the internet for tear down pictures of the playfield.

I can't find of picture of the controlled ball gate anywhere.

#13 9 years ago

Which one, Indypin? Is it something I can get without tearing down the whole playfield on my machine? The upper right one?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

10885345_10203506100793940_3215158624114954099_n.jpg10885345_10203506100793940_3215158624114954099_n.jpg

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Which one, Indypin? Is it something I can get without tearing down the whole playfield on my machine? The upper right one?

Unfortunately, you'd have to tear down the playfield quite a bit to get to it...it's buried under playfield plastics and a ramp.

From the manual scan, I'm guessing I need part #A-12844

If I can find one, I can copy it. (I have my own machine shop).

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

10885345_10203506100793940_32151... 92 KB

Not too shabby looking! I'm not worried about electronics so much. I've got all of that down with system 11s at this point. Why have two EATPMs when you could have a Mousin' Around? I actually have the worst of the two set up (backbox stilted upright with 2x4s because the collar is all jacked up). The one in storage ended up getting wrapped up merely because I wanted to tackle the bigger project and get this one looking and playing right. Never got around to rebuilding that collar and, up until now, I forget I hacked it to stay upright.

#18 9 years ago

I'm still looking for a picture of the controlled gate.

Can someone please help me out?

I'm guessing it is a bent wire type, not the steel flap type, based on the bracket type that's still on the machine.

#19 9 years ago

I posted a link to BAA showing the correct wire gate. Is that not what you're looking for?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I posted a link to BAA showing the correct wire gate. Is that not what you're looking for?

I didn't see that.

Thank you VERY much!

Alas, they're out of stock.

1 week later
#21 9 years ago
#22 9 years ago

When i got my mousin around it was missing that exact parts as well. When you shoot the ball up it bounces right back down and into the right inlane. I pulled my plastics up and found that the ball gate wire was in fact still attached to the part that opens and closes it. It is allowed to let a ball entering the playfield to come from the right side but not allow it to roll past when it bounces back in a left to right direction. However if you shoot the left loop this same ball gate wire must manually lift so the ball is allowed to pass from left right flow of travel to make the loop back to the right inlane. Like i said, my wire was still attached to the thing that raises and lowers the gate wire. It had broken a small bit of wire off that sits in the hole that acts as a hinge for it. This was the hinge on the lowest side and the gate was sitting completely outside the playfield. I did as you are doing and searched for a replacement part. I couldnt find one either. There was enough wire there so i could bend the end of it to make a new ear to rest in the hinge hole. Mine works fine this way. You should pull your plastics and see if it is up there. Also the best thing to do is to make a new one with some piano wire. I plan on pulling mine since it already broke once and make a new one. I am working out of town this weekend but i can check back on your progress. If you dont see your old wire up there i can pull mine apart and take pics. This way you can have a reference on how to shape your piano wire into your new ball gate.

#23 9 years ago

I have a local friend who has that wiregate on his Mousin Around...hoping to make a duplicate soon.

#24 9 years ago

The machine isn't right w/o this gate.

It's amazing that such a small a thing really makes or breaks a machine.

I know there's been a lot more reproduction parts being made lately, but I can't figure why PPS doesn't make more of these wire gates.

This is the 4th time I've ran across this problem.

#25 9 years ago

Yep, you can't hardly make the skill shot without this gate. Sounds like a good plan to get your buddy's wire gate to make a duplicate. Let me know if I can help.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

No, I've never seen it. Just one pic with the game off, I think. I've seen four or five MA's over the past couple of years, and they've all had rough play fieldscs.

I ended up following through on this. I'm happy. It wasn't clean but a few hours of scrubbing and it cleaned up nicely. I'd say 6.5/10 on the playfield but perfectly fine to put on location. Only issue is the controlled gate on this one as well. It's all there, it's just always up. Coil is always energized.

Dude from CL was actually a pretty stand up guy. I dunno if you guys know him or not but I think we both were happy with the deal.

#27 9 years ago

double

2 weeks later
#28 9 years ago

I found the gate.

I recently bought a Mousin Around manual from Marco. It was a used manual, the last one they had in stock.

The manual lists the gate assembly, but not the wire gate itself.

Someone had written the part number for the wire gate in the manual.

P/N 12-6851

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=18C84AA11C276EBCD8BDB4E1D2E9E682.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=12-6851

I bought the last one Marco had...woohoo!

#29 9 years ago

Pic from Marco's page for reference :
image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 9 years ago

Yep,

That's the one.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Pic from Marco's page for reference :

image.jpg 8 KB

Using that picture and knowing the size you could bend yourself a gate out of stiff wire. I have made a few gates by just bending wire and they work fine.

1 year later
#32 8 years ago

I find myself in the position of needing this gate too. I guess my only option will be to find some wire and bend one myself. How does the spring attach to the wire gate?

5 years later
#33 2 years ago

Thinking about joining the club. MAchine I'm looking at is missing a wire gate where the ball comes out of the shooter lane at the top. Marcos is out of stock. Any other alternatives?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6851

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 23.95
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/controlled-ball-gate-info-neededmousin-around?hl=djy2j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.