• Latest reply 1 year ago by Anindyfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I have a 1963 Swing Along machine. It was working fine but now it is stuck counting by ones and/or tens. I lave to trip relay labeled R to get it to hum and then when i hit the play button it resets and starts counting by ones or tens. If i unplug the playing surface it will just reset so i think a something is stuck. I can’t find any issues every thing i check seems to be ok. Any suggestions???

#2 1 year ago

Any switches behind rubber rings - check on them as the rubber could be too tight.

#3 1 year ago

I tried removing the rubber rings and the counting continued.

#4 1 year ago

One at a time check the stand up targets, verify the switches behind the rings are not closed or very close together. Spinners as well.

Also roll overs.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

One at a time check the stand up targets, verify the switches behind the rings are not closed or very close together. Spinners as well.

Also roll overs.

Or metal pieces between the leaf blades shorting them together.

LTG : )

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or metal pieces between the leaf blades shorting them together.
LTG : )

Absolutely

#7 1 year ago

Switches behind rings and spinners look ok.

#8 1 year ago

You have unplugged the playfield and it stopped.

I guess a process of elimination will be needed.

Cut some some small enough strips of paper and place them between each switch.

Turn on and see what happens?

Any scoring...

#9 1 year ago

Like the paper idea. But unfortunately the scoring continued. Thin maybe the bumpers?

#10 1 year ago

Put paper on the normally open arms of the bumpers , no change.

#11 1 year ago

If I unplug either harness connector the machine will start with no counting. So I believe something in the playing board has to be the issue. Do you agreed?

#12 1 year ago

Very much yes. Only thing off hand is that the contacts are not touching , but the other possibility is the blades are bent further down and still touching.

#13 1 year ago

I really appreciate your help. I will continue the process of elimination on Thursday when i am off. If I can’t find the issue I will try unsoldering the power to one side of each component.

#14 1 year ago

One more thing, i am running these checks with the playing field sitting on the locking bar as opposed to be locked in. That should not make any difference, correct?

#15 1 year ago

You should be fine on that. Just verify no harness pinching .

Prior to this case, had you done any work to the game.?

#16 1 year ago

I was trying to find a glitch where the 2nd player would be awarded free games at low totals randomly, but that was basically changing the pins on the free game score.
Then my machine wouldn’t stop running, not sure why so I unplugged it. Same thing happened to me the other day and i just checked the movement of the solenoids in the bottom of the cabinet and it work fine until today.

#17 1 year ago

Gremlins ard always trying to make s bad day for everyone.

#18 1 year ago

Well said!

#19 1 year ago

I finally found it. On the push down wire left side just above the flipper.
Thanks for your help!!!!!
Is there a standard height for front to back for the angle of the table

#20 1 year ago

Better asked, what should the slope of the playing surface be?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Anindyfan:

what should the slope of the playing surface be?

This is a matter of taste but according to a Gottlieb manual:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22 1 year ago

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help and this site is great!!!!!

#23 1 year ago

New issue- the bumper score 1 point when hit before they are lit, as they should. But when they are lit, they still work sut don’t scoe any points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continuous-counting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.