Topic Stats

• 2,716 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 seconds ago by Sako-TRG
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 314 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

719F6E28-3402-43A0-9A13-22627B2E391D (resized).jpeg
20191018_202159 (1) (resized).jpg
20191018_202129 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
DAA46D17-AE44-4183-BF0E-4F9767AF5FAE (resized).jpeg
49034223-F435-4882-9980-BE445297ACB0 (resized).jpeg
59284194583__8E45E493-CC92-4645-BEF4-B9622AEB4433 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).png
20191011_124130.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5188226D-D073-4C10-86EE-CF925433A9C9 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 58 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cancel. Save a huge headache.

Yeah, I hate to do it but I am cancelling JP Premium until I get some more info.

#258 57 days ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Some post pictures from a number of machines and manufacturers last night, sorry difficulty with some lighting and no JJP. I didn't see pooling or chipping with any of these titles.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is washer/post pooling in the background of the second Munsters picture that you posted.

This sucks a lot.

#354 56 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Neither is the case. Life is short, I choose not to let this issue ruin my fun.

If your table was chipped to the point that it had large uneven areas that affected gameplay, would you change your mind?

I get what you are saying and clearly there are degrees to things, but we don't know what these playfields will look like a year from now. I can't just ignore this out of hand until there is some kind of statement.

The idea that there are no widespread problems is clearly bullshit from Stern... they know a ton of JP2s were affected and have started installing washers.

#383 55 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thankfully there's not been one example though of the issue spreading beyond posts.

People have posted examples of chipping and peeling at scoops/rails/guides. Some other horror shows as well.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I doubt one day clear will just start chipping randomly in the middle of the playfield.

"Ok." You are still in apologist mode even though we have overwhelming visual evidence. Cool.

#430 55 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hope I'm wrong.

You usually are FWIW

#447 54 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's your problem? One day you are nice and the next day you are insulting someone and acting like a troll. Everyone is just speculating and guessing here. I see you still have some beef from our debate about the state of Ghostbusters code after waiting nearly 3 years. The wait sucks, the code isn't complete, time to move on

I'm always nice. And I wasn't serious. I was on my phone and posted quickly without the requisite emojis

Also there was no beef. You were not arguing in good faith in that thread and made it clear you were just grandstanding this issue to bash Dwight and Stern. I'm still not sure you have actually played GB since you didn't seem to know the rules or how the modes worked lol.

Kidding! <3 <3

#448 54 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]
EDIT: Just having some fun here folks

Pinside 2021 sneak peek IMO

#449 54 days ago

To be clear (lel), I expect no resolution from my case with Stern since my damage is not extensive enough yet and none of this is under warranty. So, for the clearcoat chipping I do have, automotive kit is the best way to stop it spreading?

#522 53 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My Munsters Premium looks identical to your game. If it doesnt get worse then i really wouldn't care, but im afraid thats not going to be the case.

Same here. No ghosting inserts at least though (yet). That Kitty insert in the second picture above looks brutally bad. Very sorry to all affected!!

#761 49 days ago

My AFMr is flawless in every way shape and form. (Both of my post-2018 Stern tables have issues with less than 500 plays.)

#783 49 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I feel the same way delt. I want a Jurassic Park bad and Elvira 3 is a dream theme for me but im just not buying right now, i cant. I have other friends that are feeling the same way. They want a JP2 and they just wont buy one because of the playfield issues.

My JP2 money is currently allocated towards whatever CGC's next table is, or possibly a MBr...

The arcades have been packed all weekend so I was not able to get good pictures, but the general summary is there were some pretty gross bubbling issues on anything post-GB/WOZ-ish time frame. Not counting CGC games... all of those were in amazing shape considering the traffic these venues get.

Not a hot take and not trying to play internet detective

#797 49 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I struggle between MBR and MMR. Which would be your choice of you could only have one?

MBR assuming you are OK with the overlap in theme with Munsters The double-sized color DMD is what makes me lean in the direction of MBR, but both are great.

#902 45 days ago

Great news about the action from JJP!

Have not heard anything about my open ticket with Stern, but it has only been a week and there was Labor day. My issue is still very minor and I don't expect a replacement playfield, but I would like to document it and possibly get some advice on how to fix the chipping and prevent it from getting worse.

#1095 43 days ago

Think I'm out on JP2 no matter what Stern does or says. Too many quality issues on machines in the wild and it would be silly of me to think they are all going to be addressed. They couldn't even figure out a proper post for in front of the upper flipper?

Also, while I realize they are minor issues overall, the cognitive dissonance I would experience having to buy the proper plunger spring and non-shit coil stops when I am already spending $7,000+ is too much for me to handle.

#1138 42 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Of course, we all do.
I'm just saying, some of the issues people are freaking about - coil stops, shooter springs - these are 60 second fixes easily done.
I think we could all do with assuming positive intent. The manufacturers of these games are not twisting their mustaches thinking up evil ways to piss off pinball buyers. The folks in this industry do it because they love pinball - it's obviously a very tricky business to be in (as evidenced by the high profile flameouts of others who have tried.)

I'm not freaking out. You are doing that thing you keep doing where you shift the blame from JJP/Stern to us. The point is these QC issues should not exist at all for the prices we are paying for a premium niche toy. And who knows what all we don't know about or how these tables will look in a year.

Your continued terrible logic and arguing in bad faith in these threads actually has me hoping your table is a huge piece of shit that completely falls apart. Enjoy!

#1186 41 days ago

I regret even bringing up the springs now. The point was not specifically the springs, which I acknowledged myself were not a big deal and an easy fix. The point is if Stern assembly/QC is fucking up a bunch of minor things, it doesn't really instill confidence that the flippers/lights/wiring/node boards/etc. are going to be A+ quality either. I mean, we already have evidence that the playfields themselves are not A+ quality...

(All of that should have been obvious. Being misrepresented and talked past--which is basically all that happens here on Pinside so I should be used to it--is frustrating. Sure seems like some people care more about soft-trolling and "winning" this argument than actually understanding or reading what other people are saying. Oh well.)

I still regret hoping that zaph's table is shit, that was not nice of me.

#1188 41 days ago

This issue is indeed making me miserable lol. Pinball was one of the few things in life that made me happy and I now feel gross and like a moron dumping money on these things. Of course, I was always a moron, it's just coming into clearer focus now

#1298 39 days ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Stern must have meant they only had a documented clear issue on 7 or 8 Machines.
JP2
BK2
Beatles
Munsters
IM
Met
GOTG
I miss any? Crazy what these manufacturers have been trying to get away with.

Star Wars makes 8

And yes, crazy indeed.

#1390 37 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Stern announced elvira 3 today and people are already throwing money at stern with no mention of poor quality playfields. It is hilarious.

They better throw some extra coil stops in their cart while they are at it! Maybe some mylar sheets... Super glue... Heat gun...

#1462 34 days ago

I have a Munsters Premium with no art under the posts and bubbling in other places, so not sure changing the art is enough on its own.

Would like to agree with the Occam's Razor post, but this wasn't just one batch given how many machines it is affecting besides JP2. Not saying malice or cost-cutting was involved either though!

Glad to see that JP2 might be in good shape but I still need to hear from Stern about what happened and why it won't happen again before buying NIB. Just IMO.

#1482 34 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

On mine the ball guide has much worse lifting than around the posts, most have rings, but the ball guide has a rather large blob lifting (on both sides of the guide)
[quoted image]

This is exactly how my SW Premium (build date 5/2019) looks.

Not sure why Stern even went back to putting art under the slings, they didn't do it for Munsters.

#1750 29 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m not in front of my games but when did art printed directly under the posts start? From memory I’m sure my Tron and Ironman have little circles slightly bigger than the posts, routed out with no artwork within the black rings.

There doesn't appear to be any consistency here. Star Wars had art under the posts, then Munsters didn't have art under the posts, then JP2 (and others) did have it again. *shrug*

#1970 25 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Where? So far I've only heard good things about LE playfields. Premiums aren't shipping yet. But if there are still issues, I want to see them before my premium ships so I can cancel, if need be.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/14#post-5221357

Looks like the extra thin layer of clear got all scratched up. No clue how widespread this issue is.

#1989 25 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

On another note, I have purchased a previous LE (more than one, but one in particular), and lost a ton when I resold it.
I don’t blame Stern for that. I knew all the numbers going in, and that resale prices are dependant on the pins popularity and the market. Life goes on.

You are a true warrior of the mean streets of pinball.

#2069 24 days ago

Stern has had three chances to make JP2 right and it looks like they failed thrice: Washers didn't work, removing art from under the posts didn't work, thinner clear didn't work... vinyl playfield decals up next?

1 week later
#2393 12 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Welcome to the arena, in what should be a awesome bout between 2 lawyers this is sure to get interesting.
In one corner we have GamerRick, and in the other corner we have iceman44.
ding, ding...ok, the bell has rung now and we will read a awesome show of wits.

And I really hope you guys don't get mad at me and I hope I do not get moderated for something. I don't feel real good myself right now, and I am just trying to have some laughs to help with my pains.

There isn't much going on at the moment. Iceman is up 4 rounds to 0. GamerRick is trying to be a champion of the people but is insane if he thinks there is a case here specifically that would ever be taken by any lawyer (hint: because it can't be won.)

#2457 11 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

He is local. The store is owned by a great guy and a long time pinball fan. It's called Little Shop of Games.

I don't live in Orlando anymore and use a more local distributor now, but I would also like to give a shout-out to Curly, Joe and the gang at Little Shop of Games. Great people to do business with who take the hobby seriously.

#2458 11 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I also didn’t mean to imply Stern or JJ won’t fix the machines. It seems Stern does respond with populated playfields for serious cases, so I’d first recommend trying to work with your distributor. That’s what I did with my completely defunct Wonka LE. But if you do follow the requirements of the UCC, you would be able to sue if you wanted to if the manufacturer didn’t fix it. And to be technical, your UCC claim would be against your distributor, who is the party you actually contracted with. Then they would have to pursue a claim against the manufacturer to make them whole.

OK Matlock, that's enough now. Back to night court with you. Judge Harry is waiting

Sorry, couldn't resist making two dated references together

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 28.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside