IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5298 3 years ago

So Ive tried to skim this thread to see where these playfield issues are at but I'm hoping someone can catch me up.

Did removing art from around the posts on JP solve the issues people were having? or are those playfields still having problems as well? I notice that TMNT is missing the art there so Im hoping that's a positive sign...

Thanks.

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Did Stern do the same or just apply band-aid? Who knows.

That's too bad. If they didn't do anything, I can see why they'd be quiet. But if they did resolve the issue, it seems like buyer confidence would be restored with an official statement. On the other hand, an official statement would mean acknowledging issues in the first place. Thanks for the response, TMNT is gonna be my first NIB game so I guess it's my turn to be the guinea pig.

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Cannot understand why folks keep rolling the dice. Just wait, see how the games look once played for a while, then decide.

That's all well and good but if nobody buys any machines, then they don't get made. But I totally understand where you're coming from.

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am now on the opposite side of the argument. If we don't buy, then they will respond with better games

Yeah, its a tough line to walk. If no one buys their games, then there are none on the resale market and there's no way that buyer confidence is restored. On the other hand, if we keep buying, they lack the incentive to take the necessary steps to ensure that buyer confidence is restored. Meanwhile, all we want is fun machines with a high build quality.

I guess that's why true competition is absolutely essential, then maybe we could get what we want AND send the right message to those that need to hear it.

4 months later
#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Any way that we can confirm that? Maybe is hope that Stern is starting to make something about it

Harrison Drake mentioned in a podcast or stream that on Avengers, the ball guides are modified so they block less light from the GI. So maybe not in response to the playfield issues but a nice side benefit?

2 weeks later
#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm probably going to get down voted for this, but this thread was started a year ago. If you knew about these issues before you bought a game, then I'm sorry to say, but you knew what you were getting into so you should accept it. No bitching, no complaining, no replacements.

This seems a bit over the top to me. If you buy a brand new car, you know there MIGHT be issues with it, you don't just forfeit any right to have your issues addressed. The same should be true with brand new pinball machines. So while I agree that people shouldn't be shocked when issues exist, I think they have a right to expect some type of recourse when there is a major issue with their machine.

1 week later
#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Is this podcast available anywhere other than twitch?

I found it in Podcast Addict.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, Playfields in the 90’s were Bulletproof!

They were also sold primarily for location play. And could actually make enough money to cover at least some of the costs. I'd gladly buy NIB machines that could actually make more money on location than just the depreciation that comes with reselling a machine.

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

cabinet ink that could literally go from red to white in two weeks of being near a window

wow, was it really that quick. Thats crazy!

1 month later
#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Don't be an ass let the guy enjoy his game

...I mean, it's kinda the point of this thread to talk about playfield issues, no?

6 months later
#8916 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Buffalo Pinball. Great channel! Great group of guys. I think Skip is their weakest link and he was the one steaming last night. You can check it out in Twitch and it’s at the 20 minute mark. Hogbogged is Eric and Skip had his panties in a bunch over what I thought was an innocent comment from a viewer named Saul.

He commented when it happened and said something like: "Now, now Saul, be nice!" but then decided to come back to it like 3 or 4 minutes later (@21:16) to say "If you wanna be like dicks to the creator of the game, you can do that some place else. I'm not really ok with that." It seemed really excessive for the following comment: "the multi balls are fine, it's the multi chips people have an issue with."

With that being said, that response is not on JJP or on Eric himself, just on SkipNatty who would MUCH prefer Eric in his chat over some random nobody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.