IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#738 4 years ago

For every person posting on here I'd guess there are 5 lurking with a problem and not posting. For every person lurking there are probably 10+ who have no idea they already have a problem.

I've been reading this thread all week thinking I didn't have any issues, then I took a closer look...yep.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Sorry to hear that Ron - again though its one of my frustrations. None of the manufacturers will issue specific details about when problems started and when they feel they are resolved - so loads of folks don't act until its too late. has JJP sent an email out to all Wonka owners? no - they just hope that you heard something on a podcast with 12 listeners and a dog.
Neil.

TBH this problem could be in the millions of $ (in profits) and incredibly nasty to correct. I have no doubt they are meeting with their lawyers, insurance, vendors etc etc. If it's as big as it's looking (right now) it could be an industry defining moment depending on how they handle it. I have no issue with them taking as long as they need (within reason) to formulate a plan.

#751 4 years ago

For a long time I thought "wow, this is a horrible time for deeproot to enter the market", wow their fortunes have changed!

#766 4 years ago

I think the court of Public Opinion has more relevance right here, right now. I should hope it never comes to some kind of legal action.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This is correct. As far as I understand it-CGC screen printed until Aerosmith timeframe. Then Stern in house. Agree with your other points too.

I remember seeing Aerosmith for the first time and noticing how thick the clearcoat was. Looked incredible.

#1185 4 years ago

I won't buy a Stern until they openly discuss this issue, what their solution is for existing playfield and what they are going to change moving forward. A "handful of issues/contact your distributer" doesn't do it.

#1392 4 years ago

Just took my money to the bank. I'm going to pay off my mortgage completely now that the tax credit on mortgage interest is dunzo. Mortgage Free is my new "Lifestyle Brand"...

#1534 4 years ago

Obvious pooling on a high resolution marketing picture. At a time when everyone is complaining about playfields. How tone deaf can you get, Stern?

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But... it's a formula that works...

I know you're half kidding but I'm thinking Stern only thinks this is being brought up by a few vocal pinheads. There are a lot of us, who are not so vocal, that are waiting for this issue to be properly addressed.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, at this point, I can't wait to see what deeproot has in store for us.

#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hear that, but it is still good to have one if you ever go to sell the game.
Plus with an unpopulated playfield there are no posts screwed onto it yet, so chances are it will look good as long as it isn't ever installed.

"Comes with brand new additional playfield. Additional playfield is for display only."

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

Then cancel the order until your are comfortable that the issues have been resolved.

#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

bacon (resized).pngbacon (resized).png
#1661 4 years ago

deleted

#1730 4 years ago

TBH I wish Pinside would sticky a SERVICE BULLETIN to the top of the Forum. This info needs to be screamed from the rooftop.

Bump.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

He accused me of it earlier so I’m just having fun with it.
Thinking more about your view point, I’ll say this:
You have an unrealistic level of expectation from Stern.
They have clearly stated that playfields are not under warranty.
You insist on a perfect playfield.
Neither of you is “wrong” but you have not agreed on this matter.
You appear to feel that Stern is obligated/indebted to provide perfect playfields and that anything less than 100% should be replaced at their expense. Remember that this is Stern pinball we’re talking about. It’s not Sony, Apple, or Toyota.
Yes, they are the biggest pinball manufacturer, but this is an industry that most people don’t even know exists.
There are no Ferrari’s in the parking lot.
Given this inability to agree on a perfect playfield, it’s really best for you to avoid buying new in box, and instead to wait and buy a second hand game that you can inspect, ensuring it’s to your satisfaction.
There’s nothing wrong with that, and it’s not meant to belittle or insult you so I hope you can appreciate the observation.
Quite frankly, it shouldn’t matter one bit to me. But I get annoyed when some people (not saying you), can’t understand that Stern is already offering more than they have committed to, and then try to call them out for lying, sweeping things under the rug, etc etc. They may not be operating to your level of expectation, but that doesn’t mean that they’re deceitful or doing anything wrong.

Have you bought a NIB game that has pooling/chipping issues? Serious question.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:I have not. And yes, chipping would bug me. Pooling? I don’t give a rats behind. If I had chipping, I would hope that Stern would make it right, but know that it’s not guaranteed.
On another note, I have purchased a previous LE (more than one, but one in particular), and lost a ton when I resold it.
I don’t blame Stern for that. I knew all the numbers going in, and that resale prices are dependant on the pins popularity and the market. Life goes on.

Wow, I thought you were someone who paid a lot of money for a game(s) and then had to deal with pooling/chipping. Turns out you have zero skin in the game. Is that about accurate?

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

minorly imperfect, and you start screaming bloody murder... it’s a little naive

Naïve is when someone who doesn't even own a damaged game presumes to understand the reasoning of the people affected.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was just offered a bottle of clear coat repair for my pooling ‍♀️ Not sure how that will even remotely help. Sad!

How would a bottle of clear coat correct pooling? Wouldn't it do the exact opposite?

#2058 4 years ago

Is Paperflock helping with the playfields now?

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I was aiming for something in the middle, (more neutral) since I also spend thousands of dollars on new games, but I'll take that description if the only other options is "a pitchfork carrying member of the Pinball Pity-Party Patrol".
God forbid anyone on Pinside would view Stern from anything less-than the absolute most negative point of view:
"Stern sent you a bottle of clearcoat? That MUST mean that it's their final resolution, and they don't care about you. There's NO WAY that the issue might also be travelling up to the second support tier for review." (Let's not clarify, just assume. It fits our agenda)
"a JPLE, recently unboxed, is using the old artwork under the slings again? That MUST mean that Stern has used the old defective playfields and everything will fall apart. There's NO WAY that they've fixed anything. I know you didn't see any issues, but I maintain my negativity by declaring that issues WILL CERTAINLY arise in the future."
Question: how many Pinsiders does it take to change a playfield?
Answer: 21. 1 to contact Stern and make the swap. 20 more to complain about it online.
(Flamesuit on)

Starting to get into "broken record" territory. Mods, can we get a ruling?

1 month later
#2851 4 years ago

Wow, American seems to be the only manufacturer brave enough to post in this thread. Good for them! And Jersey Jack at least responded in a stream to the recent issues. Stern looking like either incompetents or scam artists right about now.

1 month later
#3627 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Those 'bad' pics seem...to need context...

Rusty. Balls.

#3628 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

So let me see if I can summarize the conversation you had.
Lermods: There have been a lot of problems with the playfields, have they been fixed?
Stern staff: Umm...yeah! We...uh...found the problems and we...uh...fixed the problems!
Lermods: What was the problem and how did you fix it?
Stern staff: We...uh...can’t tell you cause it’s a secret. But we fixed it whatever it was!
Lermods: Wow, that’s great! I can’t wait to tell everyone that the problems are fixed!

Pretty sure Rob is saying he doesn't have a problem ( in response to a question). He's not saying everyone getting games are fine.

But the fewer new thread members suggests it...would be a good time for stern to make the rest of us whole...

1 month later
#4554 4 years ago

Just an update, on 12/6 I was told my replacement IMDN Pro playfield was approved. Was notified this week it is on back order and to expect it in a couple of weeks.

2 weeks later
#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really Wacky? No shit, my JP and Elvira game is the exact same way.
So the reality means something?

So you haven't bought a game with playfield issues? Then why are you coming here insulting people who have? Kind of immature, no?

1 week later
#5005 4 years ago

Got my IMDN playfield, looks perfect.

11/6 first contact emailed Patrick Powers. After emailing every week he got back to me and requested pictures/serial number. Sent pics and waited. On 11/26 he notified me I was getting a new playfield. It was received yesterday. 4 months. I did email him from time to time asking for an update with no response.

One little chip and one pooling post. No big deal and I thought I'd get the brush off considering I wasn't the original buyer.

Playfield front and back look perfect. Predrilled and ready for a swap. Thank you Stern!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.