Topic Stats

• 4,149 posts - Hot topic!
  • 462 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 443 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1_T8tGc8RTgUbbr8VB2ClNag (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
dd441f3f7ee5ff9587bf4a42d82dc9ca58987e81 (resized).jpg
always_vid (resized).png
giphy.gif
20200115_211217 (resized).jpg
383044c3a468199f787e6b0bccc3c04066231836 (resized).jpg
0D776AF8-3029-4736-938E-3671FD4402FE (resized).jpeg
intro-1539346187 (resized).jpg
bars (resized).png
505E7BA4-938B-4755-BBCB-33A22B609EDF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Spooky-RZ (resized).jpg
playfield_steak (resized).jpg
487f26e0229bdf56df693475d9339da530a7f010 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 months ago

I have absolutely no desire to buy anything NIB anymore.

#52 5 months ago

Unless the manufacturers include something covering playfield damage around posts in their warranty I wouldn't consider NIB right now. Regular wear in areas that come in contact with the ball is well within reason but the areas directly around the posts are not touched by the ball at all. This shit is ridiculous - Looking at you specifically JJP since you are the only manufacturer that has shown a complete lack of support in this regard. F- this shit.

#70 5 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Did you forget the sarcasm emogi? I don't see a bad dimple problem, chipping yeah...bad dimpling no.

Clearly you have not seen what a badly peeled orange looks like. No dimples.

#102 5 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

HEP has already commented in another thread I believe.

Yup.

#246 5 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

If this is a case of the new clears curing more slowly, is there any way to make them cure fully once they are set up in your home?
Maybe leave the game on 24x7 to keep the internal temperature up? Open the game and blow a fan indirectly over it? Put it out in a hot garage in Florida? Blow a space heater under the game?

Wonder if we can just get the upper fan and space heater mods installed directly from the factory?

Wow, the NIB experience has certainly changed from the last one I bought a couple of years ago. Fun times.

#276 4 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Does anybody know or have seen issues with the WOZYBR editions???? Might tell a story about JJP CE's holding up better...

Did they actually sell one?

#485 4 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Filed under the B.S. section...
[quoted image]

I thought Zach was only there to wear costumes at the reveal streams. I especially loved his work as the blow-up T-Rex...very convincing. I'd still love to find out who the mastermind is behind the Stern Insider Club.

#496 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The manual on the LCD is great, that is until you have the playfield lifted lol.

Or unless the issue you need to look up involves 'no image on screen' - lol.

#506 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My theory is that over time, the blistering (I have very little) will settle flat. Then I'll remove the large washers and put on smaller ones. Hopefully the clear can/will cure close to flat. This is all assuming I can find the damned washers...

You're most likely going to be left with an indentation in the clear from the larger washer though. I would put the larger washers only if you intend on leaving them there permanently.

#673 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

From what i am understanding if your game has soft clearcoat it will never harden.

Yeah, if the composition of the mix is off, you can wait the rest of your life and nothing will change.

#723 4 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

My deadpool is 2 months old and 116 plays on it and this is my shooter lane. Still waiting on a response from stern on what they will do for me on it

They’re going to send you some clearcoat in a tiny bottle - most likely.

#786 4 months ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

NIB is okay you just have to pick your spots.

Yeah, anything other than the top two pinball manufacturers and you’re good.

#788 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

it is cured - it was sprayed many months ago. The formula they used is not resulting in a stiff finish resistant to compression like we are used to.
Cure is not the same thing as 'hard'. Cure means the chemical reaction has finished and the product is now stable.

Yeah, the level of hardness in those defective playfields will not change at this point.

#862 4 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I was listening to it just feeling like something was totally off... out of touch with facts, can't work out if it is due to ignorance, bias, or some other directive. Way too much inaccurate information and misguided analysis. Curious that the week before was an episode devoted entirely to JP2....

I noticed the same thing actually. Honestly there's only a small number of podcasters that I feel give honest, unbiased opinions at this point. You need to choose your words carefully when you need interviews or have friends at certain companies. The podcasts without these conflicts are the ones I prefer.

2 weeks later
#1772 4 months ago

jwp72 I see nothing wrong in that pic.

Like was mentioned a few posts ago...what are you expecting Stern to do at this point? Some of this is getting a little out of control I feel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside