Topic Stats

• 3,151 posts
  • 400 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pachill
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PB060048 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191113_005534.jpg
IMG_20191113_005516.jpg
IMG_20191113_005501.jpg
A9B9EFA4-D492-4687-BC00-4F9941A21CC6 (resized).png
IMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
20191104_094400 (resized).jpg
IM1 (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
IMAG4130 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191105-090819 (resized).jpg
7251FC68-3BA0-498E-A517-44138D553047 (resized).png
sling post (resized).JPG
24E28045-2F31-4BA8-B740-F4ABADC2E253 (resized).jpeg
C46C1715-247E-4118-8680-090B31335FC8 (resized).jpeg
9D4E9D32-614F-454E-AFFA-C3E888BC5E92 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#515 84 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

In all honesty, I would be willing to pay extra for a PF with a better coating using higher quality clear - something that actually matters

That shouldn't be necessary or even an option. With the price of these NIB games EVERY game should have a playfield that is as quality as the one the guys took the razor blade and hammer to; not that anyone would do that but it shows how durable a playfield can and should be.

#555 84 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

My Star Trek Pro Vault was purchased late January HUO with a playfield protector since day one. I sent my distributor pics of all the posts blistering and 2 areas that have chipped to the wood. Only 800 plays.
This was his response.
Alberto
There is nothing that can be done about it, as it is a common thing and it is out of warranty.

Horrible answer and customer service. He didn't give a damn and didn't want to put in any effort to check with Stern. Please let us know who the distributor was so others know to steer clear of them. When my Ghostbuster cabinet and playfield fell apart I had good luck contacting Stern direct and talking with Chaz.

1 week later
#951 76 days ago

Yesterday at first I thought it was good that Jack called and offered those effected a new playfield then I got to thinking if it were me I wouldn't be happy with a un-populated playfield that I have to do a pf swap on. These people paid a lot of money for these games and didn't sign up for a "build it yourself kit game" at a reduced price.

I think I am out on NIB JJP games due to price increase and what I consider to be a sub-par remedy for a problem that the consumer had nothing to do with but takes the shaft in the end. What Stern decides to do will determine if I will consider any of their upcoming NIB games. For what these damn games cost now a days it's sickening to see all the problems. In the meantime I'm really enjoying my cheaper solid state machines at a fraction of the price of these new "self-destructing" games.

1 week later
#1595 63 days ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

If I were you I would cancel that pre-order as fast as I could until I saw proof of the problem being corrected. These games are too damn expensive and I work too damn hard for my money to buy some piece of sh*t where the art bubbles up and/or chips off. No thanks!

#1598 63 days ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I was thinking I’d see what the LE owners have to say before I send a check.

That should be a good plan as long as they don't have a stack of premium playfields already run they are going to assemble on. I wouldn't think they would do that but this is Stern we are talking about...

2 weeks later
#2167 49 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone know if any of Stern's recent playfield issues (pooling, chipping, etc) affected Guardians of the Galaxy pins as well? I played one recently and liked it a lot more then I expected. I am now thinking about looking for a premium on the used market if one pops up in my region.
Any insight is very appreciated.

I would say GTG's production definitely falls in that production time of when we are seeing problems. The upside is you are looking for used and won't have to play Stern NIB Roulette. My advice would be to ask the seller to send you a bunch of pictures of the posts, look at them closely, if everything looks good, make the trip, pull the glass, inspect the posts in person and if it looks good take home a GTG but I sure as hell would not being buy new if it were me.

#2173 49 days ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Yup first one

I hate to see you have such a poor experience for your first pin purchase; especially on a high dollar game. I hope your distributor/Stern make it right for you!

#2179 48 days ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Not really a head scratcher. You had different processes, different materials, and a whole slew of toxic chemicals that are now considered unsafe.
#gimmebackmyVOCs

This ^^^ My guess is they were able to put the older VOC clear on thick and maybe in one coat, they applied the newer EPA stuff the same way and that might be why we are seeing the current problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Saint Charles, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside