IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballwil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#444 4 years ago

The problem is waterbase clear.
To avoid sinking post is to make new updated playfield protectors 0,75 mm polycarbonate with out cut outs under the post that covers more playfield than it does now. Or live with it (with i can't).

#665 4 years ago

Digital printing can be the problem.
They use different inks instead of silkscreening.
i had a new full throttle, digital printed playfield and it chips the playfield at the right ramp intrance near the spinning disk.
Digital printed playfields have more problems with chiping problems.
And water base clears are less durable.
The 2 problems combined makes the quality even less durable i think. thats my opinion.

#855 4 years ago

10 month ago everybody downvoted this hahaha.
Some say its normal 26 votes up!!!!.
This is what you get, sticking your head in the sand.
softer wood, cheaper (digital) printing, water base clear.
We go back to the 80's now where you can buy a second hand blank pinball machine for almost nothing afther 3 years.

And next month we get some new aftermarket firstclass playfields with best wood money can buy screenprinted and 90's clear made in a place with no
restrictions.

Screenshot_20190904_035126_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190904_035126_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
#869 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

epoxy turns yellow with uv-lighting. Normally polyurethane can protect. Polyurethane is to my knowledge more flexible and resistant, but requiers more to set, there cant be moisture etc.
I think if you go epoxy, you have to have a non-flexible surface below, atleast that´s the case with flooring.

I use epoxy on my homebrew machines.
IT CRACS when it is to hard like my first machine.
My second has a new mix epoxy that stays oke.
The third machine wil have the epoxy AND a 1mm macralon mylar with no cutouts unther the post so it won't crack (to hard) or sink(to soft) the post.

Like i said before, a NEW MODEL macralon 1 mm (playfield protector) mylar that covers al post on the playfield wil keep your playfield new and won't sink your posts or crack the clear or dimples your plafield.

#870 4 years ago

delete.

1 week later
#1254 4 years ago

I remember this sort of playfield problems happend back in 1991 with Data East Batman.
After 2 month arcade play the playfield was 70% blank
And a white color ground appeared.
So the new playfields got a mylar and then after Stealt hardcoat.
So it wil take some time to find a proper solution.
In the mean time they still keep building games.
And quietly replace the playfield for a better one.
They can't swap every populated playfield from 2018 till now because they will go broke.
THATS WY THEY SAY THERE ARE ONLY A FEW MACHINES WITH PLAYFIELD PROBLEMS.
The only thing they can do financial is making a free playfield protector that covers the whole playfield or give you a bare new playfield when ready or they get out of busines.

1 week later
#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I know you're half kidding but I'm thinking Stern only thinks this is being brought up by a few vocal pinheads. There are a lot of us, who are not so vocal, that are waiting for this issue to be properly addressed.
I can't believe I'm saying this but, at this point, I can't wait to see what deeproot has in store for us.

I don't hope Deeproot already have some pile of playfields in stock that are digital printed for the first 3 games.
Deeproot can't deliver screenprinted playfield for the (low) price point i think.

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

No pooling or chipping on my nib hockey yet...[quoted image]

You live in a bubble.

#1720 4 years ago

In the future we will find out what are the good serial numbers to buy that have no pooling anymore.

2 weeks later
#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Yep:[quoted image]

Yes after 50.000 plays

#2299 4 years ago

I really like Stern pinball machines but playfields with pooling only can be stopped if you ad a anti pooling 0,75 mm playfield protector that covers the playfield and all post in the shooting area.
It sucks but that is the only solution i think.

I say it again Stern can't replace ALL playfield they will go out off business.
Some will get a new playfield.
Maybe they make a protector for a few models i don't know what else they can do.
Or stay silence and tackle the problem for the future.

1 month later
#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I cannot stress enough if you're going to roll the dice on a NIB from Stern or JJP the ONLY way to get these companies to fix (what they should whole heartedly own and support) is to use a credit card. Any pooling then demand a populated playfield (distributor or Stern/JJP) and an immediate answer or you're filing a charge back. I do speak from experience. These distributors get enough charge backs it'll force Stern/JJP to start doing the right thing (send a populated pf) or they risk going out of business. It'll also force them to fix the problem causing this. For the love of (insert whatever deity here) just don't accept this as the new normal.

The problem is Stern going out of business if they want to give everybody a new populated playfield that have blank spots.
So they won't.

2 months later
#4099 4 years ago

If you don't like dimples ( big ones) like me, buy a protector.
And if you don't want pooling your Stern JP or jjp wonka make a anti pooling protector like i do for my machines.

IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For those protectors, do you have to strip down the playfield to add them? Sounds like a chore for sure... Why dont manufacturers just add these to the games from the beginning and add $100 to the price?

Yes completely. Install these in the factory or loose in the box, just like the old days.
You can buy every 5 years a new one to make your machine "new". Or remove them if you want to sell your machine.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I can’t quite tell what you mean here - are you adding a smaller protector piece under the slings? an area usually left open with the normal pf protectors I believe.

No the whole playfield. But that is a nice idea if you already have a protector.
I prefer a complete new one in one piece because it won't help against chipping around the post.

9 months later
#7031 3 years ago

Softer wood cheaper, digital printing cheaper, waterbase clearcoat cheaper.
And the whole process is faster and therefore more cheaper again.
Thats the only reason, not because they cant produce quality playfields.
So live with it or don't buy this crap quality.

#7062 3 years ago

I want a stern JP or Avengers iq.
And that would be my first new in box Stern.
But then i have to sell something first.
If it happens ill take apart the whole machine and make shure its hammer proof, dimple proof, and chipping proof. Than ill beat the hell out of it day after day just like my homebrew machines.

2 months later
#7446 3 years ago

No bubbles anymore on my JP innerloop.
I got lucky, I got one with a hard playfield.
The dimples are small after 4 thousand balls played. I made a plastic rim in the innerloop that presses the bubble down and makes shure the metal isn't eating my playfield anymore.

IMG_20210107_194036 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_194036 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_194138~01~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_194138~01~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_201857~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_201857~01 (resized).jpg
#7450 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

You scored on that one. I have seen some of the same JP playfields with lots of dimples and some with very little. All had the same amount of plays.

Yes I know, if you have one with softer wood the dimples are as deep as craters with Stern. JJP chips, it's a shame, hope they make a primer that holds the digital print and go back to the diamant plate clear.
I am always very critical about the playfield quality from every manufacturer in the last 4 years. I had a highway FT chipping. Know this was a gamble but I had to have a Stern JP.

#7464 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Here we show over tightened lane guide cutting through. You can clearly see the ridge that the metal left in the clear coat. On the sides of the ridge you cannot see any pooling. We tested this before, in a long term test, no difference, no pooling. You can see with what force we tightened the guide,
the metal post totally bent under the force and even snapped.
Here is the proof of our promise to not let the machine run in the back ground, hihihi, we are happy to have earned a shiny nickel.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Welt a pinball on a hammer.
Then hammer the playfield softly 1000 times on a few inches just like airballs that hitting the playfield everytime they bounce from a target.
If the clear is to hard it chips just like it happend on my highway FT.
That's what I want to see.

1 week later
#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm stuck at an impasse. Stern and my distributor haven't done anything about my BM66 playfield. I've been boycotting them since August 2019 when I bought the game. My problems is that I really, really, really want a Jurassic Park Premium.
Maybe I should just flip a coin?

I have a old run JP with graphics onder the post and metal washers at some posts 1050 games now and no protector.
But I got lucky, the wood is very hard.
So I got some minor dimples instead of creaters like some BM66 or STARWARS.
Buy a huo like I, then you can see if you have a decent one.
The quality from the late 90 with less dimples will never come back.
I hate the playfields they make now (look at my old reactions). I so badly wanted a Stern JP that I took the gamble. And I would never sell this one best game ever (for me).

IMG_20210122_172748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210122_172748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210122_173151 (resized).jpgIMG_20210122_173151 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Here is my video of how warped this is:

Like... what's to look at? You're telling me the "quality" guys at Stern are stroking their beards debating if this is okay or not? It is fucked, fix it.

Stern look at the video and said, wait a minute it's only a 4 year old Startrek.
You only get 2 months warranty.
Oeps, sorry.

#7655 3 years ago

I know it sucks a warpt playfield, but it's a few years old. It can have other reasons why it's warpt. Moisture can warp a playfield when its dry again. It's 5 years old, for me it has nothing to do with Stern quality.

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Machine was made in march 2020. Bought in October. I said that already.

Sorry didn't noticed that.
This is really bad for 10 month game.
A new bare playfield from Stern is the least they can do.

#7743 3 years ago

Deleted.

2 weeks later
#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I am almost done replacing my playfield. Look how god damn warped this thing is! Like wow! Talk about unsavable side drains!
[quoted image]

Are you shure your table isn't warpt, hahaha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballwil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=pinballwil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.