IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

100% true and you don't see him coming on here defending himself either like he has in other situations. He f*cked you and he knows that he f*cked you looks like to me. He deserved to get his ass drug through the mud.

Ya you're wrong - maybe ask before you too make up stories...

Customer asked 'If JJP would take care of me' if there were issues, my reply as always is 'Yes JJP does their best to take care of customer issues' same statement as I always would make to anyone as it is my feeling with any company I represent, especially JJP. That was the end of any discussion prior to sale.

Goetz now months later claims he specifically asked me if they would give him a populated playfield. Totally untrue, period end of story. Funny that this claim of what he asked me months ago NOW only comes to light - it was never mentioned to me when he first reported the issue, never mentioned to Jack on the phone with him when he called him like he did with many customers, never mentioned in his tech support / warranty ticket. Never once, but now only now to stir the pot.

I have zero authority to promise anything to any customer. Many customers will attest that if they ask a specific question out of my hands even if it's for any company to provide a screw or a plastic or something small to them I always will carbon tech support or sometimes with JJP, Jack himself to involve the people who make those decisions in the answer. I will NEVER ever answer a specific question on how something a manufacturer is responsible for will be handled later on - EVER, and I mean if it's a $ 5 part, NEVER. I have zero authority to do so. I will always take the time to email the company and involve the customer so they get the right answer to a specific question. So, Goetz claiming I promised him JJP would provide him a populated playfield is absolute nonsense.

So then unfortunately Goetz had PF issues. JJP decided everyone would get a populated playfield. I was involved in the process to get his warranty / ticket claim submitted. I think I even arranged for Jack to call Geotz personally which he did. Obviously Geotz isn't happy with JJP's response to the PF issues and that is his right. That was months ago. Fast forward to a few weeks ago - I noticed a post from Goetz on Pinside that he hadn't gotten his playfield yet. I wasn't sure myself on the timing of these coming out so I emailed Goetz and said 'I saw your post' and proceeded to say I wanted to get you an answer and I carboned Jack on the email to ensure he didn't get missed, etc... Jack replied they are getting made at this time and that was that. I actually took the initiative to reach out and involve myself in something I wasn't asked to do - why - because I DO care. Then, and only then, did Goetz start with his claim he
asked me for a populated playfield. Jack knows it's bullshit as he gets all the emails from me for years asking questions on the smallest of things I need to answer for a customer...

Funny not one other customer got promised a populated playfield, just him. Funny this claim of his only is now an issue months later and was never mentioned before in numerous communications with many different people - me, tech support, Jack, and even here on Pinside. You'd think maybe if he was promised something so grand he would have said when he submitted his ticket 'Oh by the way I was promised a populated playfield, here's the address to send it to'... Nope nothing, didn't mention it Jack, nor me. My thought is unfortunately he is at this point trying to discredit JJP and bully and strongarm them into giving him what he wants with this tactic. Bottom line if he's going to come here to slander me with a lie, I'm going to unfortunately have to defend myself as that post wondered about. He's mad at the outcome, I get it, many folk are upset with JJP and Stern and I understand it. But the story he's spinning is untrue folks. He's looking to get a rise and stir the pot. There are 100's of customers who know how I carry myself.

#3960 4 years ago

Lo and behold... I just found two emails from Goetz to support my side of things...

1. Email after the pooling was noticed where he alludes to 'you said JJP would take care of me' - no specific mention of anything other than that. No mention of a populated PF. You'd think he'd bring that up then huh ? Remember you offered me this or that ? Nothing. Just interested in starting the process of a claim. He actually asks for an unpopulated playfield, then says if after the swap that one is bad, he'll then ask for a populated one. Funny that's not how you're saying it went down now are you ?

2. Most importantly and really eye opening to me :
Another email where he emailed Jack and I with his 'deal' for JJP - Sell him an upcoming game (he assumed it was GNR) - sell him the CE version at the cost of the LE ($ 3,000 discount). He goes on to mention he would 'be quiet', nobody would know, etc... EVEN offered to sign an NDA and nobody 'online' would know other than he got an unpopulated playfield he was happy with..

JJP obviously refused. This guy is a player folks - he's lying to you all to stir the pot to cause shit for JJP - willing to drag people like me into the mud who tried to help him. Tried to strongarm JJP with a veiled threat to get what he wants. And now makes up this 'populated playfield' story to stir the pot to shit on JJP and for some reason throw me into the process. He also tried to screw all the rest of YOU too by working a secret deal for himself that nobody would know about and when that tactic didn't work then he comes here to make lies up.

THIS is what is at play. Dirty pool.

Maybe go read your email of 9/5/19 and 9/9/19 Geotz then maybe you can come back on here and report back.

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

sounds to me like he's pissed that his new game that he paid top dollar for showed up with all kinds of play field issues, and all he did was try and resolve the issue in a creative way....I'm not blaming you in this mess, but how can u not be disappointed in JJP's response.....its total BS....

I allude that anyone who got a JJP or Stern game with PF issues didn't get what they expected of course... I never said he was wrong to be disappointed, and I tried to help him all the way, even recently going out of my way after seeing a post on Pinside to email him and Jack to see if there was a status we can give him. At that point I effectively re-insterted myself into the situation and for whatever reason THEN the populated playfield story was created. No idea why. I had a good relationship with the guy. Many emails from him attesting how well he was taken care of by me, etc... I can't guess what goes off in someone's mind... I suspect as you do he's mad. I never said he doesn't have that right. BUT he made up a story to strongarm JJP and dragged me into it for absolutely zero reason. I have been constantly attentive, interested, involved, and I cared. Unfortunately distributors do not make warranty decisions. We are all in the same boat - it's a shitty situation for customers, for both JJP and Stern, and for distributors. Coming here with lies to rile people up does not make anything better for anyone - it just makes things worse.

What was Stern's response ? Any different than JJP ? I'm seriously asking - since JJP seems to get the brunt of it here.. I don't know the answer. I do know that Jack personally called everyone, was involved, admitted an issue, is providing a solution they feel helps. I know it's not perfect. I get it and never argued otherwise. My only issue is that this person badmouthing is doing it with ulterior motives many of you would not resort to. Did he ever post his acceptance of the unpopulated PF ? No. Did he ever tell all of you about his offer to JJP to get a $ 3,000 discount, sign an NDA, and lie to Pinside about the outcome so he got what he wanted and you all didn't ? No.

Discussion is good, holding companies accountable is good. Lying and trying to recklessly slander someone while trying to strongarm them secretly is NOT cool. That crosses the line from constructive to destructive. I work hard at this and take care of my customers over and over - and did for him as well - the rest of it is absolute garbage and very disappointing. I don't see anyone else in the same boat doing it in the same manner.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well guess what? YOU need to stop telling customers that JJP will take care of them because that is obviously not true! Dont be giving me sh*t either because all I have to go on is what Goetz said and yes I do realize that there are two sides to every story. I'm still not convinced that Goetz is lying and we will never know.
What I do know though is YOU are selling a product that the manufacturers will not stand behind. Now that may not be your fault but it does still include you whether you like it or not. If I called and asked YOU "will JJP or Stern stand behind this game if the playfield is bad" are YOU going to tell me yes or will YOU be honest and say no they will not? Maybe I will test you on that one day and see.
The only acceptable solution to someone who gets a bad playfield is to get a populated playfield of good quality in return, I dont care if it takes them ten f*cking times to get it right. JACK calling people personally and offering them a unpopulated playfield for 550 dollars or whatever it was is a complete joke. Then JACK finally offering people a free unpopulated playfield is still a complete joke!
These games cost a shitload of money and it's no fun getting screwed out of 5 or 10 thousand dollars. Ship me a machine on good faith that I will pay you and then I dont and see how you like it JOE. You wanna call me out, i will argue with you all day long buddy.
I would HATE to be a salesman of a product that cost 6 to 12 thousand dollars that i knew wasnt of good quality and that the manufacturers wont stand behind. It must suck to be in that position, how do you feel about that? I would have to find another line of work personally because i couldnt look people in the eye and tell them "Yes you will be taken care of if you have a problem".

At the time when he asked - the situation was that the thought was or it was fact that the posts were sharp and cutting the clear and they were sending out the post kits as a 'fix'. There was no major issues at that time... so yes, my feeling would always be the company will take care of issues that may occur as they all try to. Yes, granted AFTER that the PF issues were then found to be more severe and more widespread and involve multiple companies. At the time there was a kit fix for what was seen as a minor issue with some, not all games... so my answer was legit given the timing / current situation. All these companies want to do the best and yes that's my feeling is that they ultimately do want to take care of the customer in the end as best they can.

You are welcome to come to my office and you can read the emails from Goetz I allude to. It's nothing short of extortion - tells JJP give me what I want I'll stay quiet and I'll sign an NDA - does that sound like it's cool to you ? Has any one else in this thread done that ? He didn't get what he wanted so he upped the ante and somehow brought me into it and tried to get JJP to give him something he wanted. Say all you want about the PF issues, and I won't disagree with much there - it's a bad situation for everyone. There is no 2 sides to this story, I the conversation as he stated never happened, the emails prove it. It was made up to put pressure on JJP, involve me, and also pull the wool over every single one of you. You all should be pissed off because if you think this behavior helps the situation for everyone one bit, you're wrong.

I understand you are mad I've never discounted that in any capacity... The whole point of my posts had to do with the lies stated about me after my hand was forced. I don't disagree with the PF situation one bit - I'm not defending or calling anyone wrong on that. But the manner in which this one person tried to extort the company, lie about me, and used Pinside and all of you for his benefit, is wrong. Period.

#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The bottom line on all of this is Goetz got f*cked. Forget about any lies or him trying to strong arm JJP because none of that matters at all. What matters is he paid BIG MONEY and recieved a defective product so instead of throwing him under the bus you should be on the phone with JACK screaming at him in Goetz defense.
And while I'm at it I would like to hear you tell me and everyone on this forum that JJP did Goetz wrong. Could you please do that for me Joe since your such a honest and stand up guy?

I give up...

I remind you I only got involved in this because I saw Goetz post that he didn't get his playfield yet. He didn't ask me about it, nothing - I saw the post and I emailed him and Jack to get a status update. From there the lies about the populated playfield started, months after everything started with his claim. I did above and beyond - I inserted myself into the situation to try to HELP him.

To say that he is not wrong to lie here to everyone to extort the company with the deal of give me a $ 3,000 discount on the next game (where was his outrage then - he still wanted another JJP game ? ) with the promise of I'll stay quiet, I'll tell everyone I got an unpopulated playfield and I'm happy with it, etc... Its WRONG. Period. It's wrong to each and every one of you who are looking for adequate solutions. Would you be so kindly about him if you found out today that he got a $ 3,000 discount and you didn't or would you be roasting him ? Please... JJP did the right thing to rebuff him even though it would have been easier to pay him off and shut him up.

This guy is a player and I proved it - he tried playing JJP, he tried playing me, and he tried playing every single one of you ! I did what is in my control as a distributor I put the customer on the path of resolution and I checked later to see if I could do more for him on my own.

Being upset with the PF situation and how he went about it are two separate things..

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You are a handful, Joe.
I pointed out to you that the POTC CE that I played in town had chipping and pooling.
I asked what would happen should the same happen to me.
I asked before making the purchase and that was ground FOR making the purchase. And I told you that.
You told me on the phone that "JJP takes special care of their CE customers and that I would be made whole".
I then had the exact and discussed playfield issue happen to me and I contactef you while you were on vacation. You did not get back with a solution. A day or two later was when Jack made his phone calls, which I thanked him for. I told Jack on the phone that I find his solution unsatisfying but did not throw you under the bus during that phone call.
I left it at that and was done with you and JJP due to your actions.
When the topic came up on the forum I posted about my experience.
Then one of your friends contacted you and only now, that it was public, did you care.
You made sure to contact Jack and myself right away to make me out to be the scumbag, even threatened me with legal action and boasted that I have no recording of said phone call you and I had, no proof of the promise you made.
Which is correct, I only do business in writing with people I do not trust. I trusted you at the time.
Point is, you promised me PREFERRED treatment, I now got the same treatment as anyone else.
I have NO use for an unpopulated playfield, I wrote you and Jack that. It's a waste of Jacks money, shipping and my space. All I can do is sell it with the pinball.
I offered that I would be happy with a price break on the coming Guns and Roses that you told me about in January 2019. That is on the other hand correct.
You giving me a small break would not have cost you a dime, you would have sold a pin for Jack, I would have continued to be a customer of both yourself and JJP.
Instead you threw Jack under the bus by promising something he cannot keep. And now start a public shit storm. Be my guest.
And if you, as threatened, want to take legal action against me it will be popcorn time on Pinside.

Wait so NOW I DIDN'T promise you a populated playfield ? REALLY ? Now you agree I only said what I have been saying all along ? Because that was what started all this - your lie that I SPECIFICALLY promised you a populated playfield vs my contention I stated in general terms 'JJP takes care of their customers', which of course I feel about every single company I represent. AND I will add this was when the PF issues were in their infancy and they were sending post kits out - it was not as widespread which would have warranted a more in depth conversation. You sent me the email - I have it - you have it - why don't you post it where you confirm what I said back in September vs the lies you told Jack to coerce him and what you came on here stating I told you. THAT is the crux of the whole argument - that you contend I promised you something - so no mention of that now - are you now in agreement after attacking me that that wasn't what went down ?

I also got back to you with on my vacation - as a matter of fact the email I sent you yesterday to review states from you in some form 'Sorry to bother you on your vacation, thank you for getting back to me, and there is no rush' etc.... So now I never got back to you or what you said at the time in your email true ? Which is it ? Make up your mind. Because you keep lying and saying what I did but that is not what occurred. Tell the truth. Show the emails you wrote.

I threatened no legal action - give me a break - with your lies to JJP and what you were starting on Pinside I said I would defend myself if needed and unfortunately this is the result. Again, another example of you creating your own truth and adding to conversations things that just did not exist. And when I asked if you had it in writing it was because you NEVER once mentioned the populated playfield thing until what 4 months later ? All of a sudden this was some thing you said I 'lured' you into buying your game with - I said if it was such a pivotal piece of information you solely based your purchase on, it's a wonder it was never discussed in any emails and of course it was 'over the phone', meaning - you made it up later on to coerce JJP.

No friend told me anything - I saw your post on my own where you stated you didn't get your playfield yet and I emailed you and Jack to ask you if there was anything we can do get you your playfield... Jesus Christ you can't tell the truth for anything... I'm happy to post that email if you'd like. It's pretty basic - a distributor inserting himself into a situation to try to help without being asked to do so... I'd say that's pretty commendable. I did that on my own to make sure you were ok. THEN and only then did you see an opportunity to make your whole populated playfield story up. Never before was it mentioned... Only when I do a good thing and try to see if I can get you a status do you all of a sudden have a problem with me. I think you're conniving, calculated, and have a very skewed moral compass. As a matter of fact after your tirade to JJP, which Jack knew was BS, I told him as I tried to figure out what was up with you... 'Jack I actually think he's trying to come after me to pressure you to give in to him since he may think you'll try to buy him off to save me some headaches'... It was just a suspicion then, but after I found all your earlier extortion emails yesterday from September I'm convinced you know exactly what you are doing. Creating a shit storm, involving me as a pawn, and trying to cause trouble. Really disappointing someone even has that capacity to be like that.

I didn't post here on Pinside and start anything - YOU did. I am telling the truth of who you are and what you did. I had no choice to defend myself when you are on here posting lies... You tried to EXTORT a special deal from JJP for yourself in the form of a $ 3,000 discount on another game (so much for outrage against JJP that you wanted more JJP in the future, huh ?) and were rightfully rebuffed, you said nobody online would know, you'd lie and post you got an unpopulated playfield and were ok with that, even saying you'd sign an NDA ! You didn't give 2 shits about the community in general - you cared about you and didn't care who got shafted. No different than what you are doing to me right now. Why don't you tell each and every reader in this thread how you were willing to sell them all out for your own personal benefit ? If you got your deal you'd be on here lying to them - singing everyone's praises, mine and JJP's if they gave in. Nice guy folks huh ?

You know you're BAD for the community which is why I'm standing up against you. I care about the hobby. The PF issues sucked, yes of course, I'm not saying in any shape or form that customers shouldn't be mad. BUT if you think these sort of tactics against a company and a distributor - lying and slandering people like you are - aren't going to make any of these companies feel all good about helping people more... Why would they believe anyone's claims about things if this sort of extortion is allowed to occur. Why would any distributor openly try to involve themselves in situations like I did when this is the thanks I get for it. I should have been like everyone else and kept my mouth shut instead of standing up for my customer and taking the initiative to make sure you got what you were promised.

So... if you really want to do the right thing - POST THE EMAILS YOU SENT ON 9/9 AND 9/15 I sent you yesterday after I found them - and show everyone what really went down - how no mention of a populated playfield was made nor promised by me, and how you tried to extort JJP, and how you had nothing but glowing commentary about how I treated you then... Then try to explain when all of a sudden 4 months later all of this is now occurring. You got caught and overplayed your hand. Admit it.

POST THE EMAILS and show the community you are now using as your platform. I'm sure you're afraid to do so... Take my challenge and post them in full as I sent them to you yesterday. I have nothing to hide, I'm telling every bit of truth here, YOUR emails prove it - you're coming after me so post the emails and let the community you are using with your nonsense decide. Anyone dealing with you is susceptible to the same nonsense. I have 100's and 100's of people I've dealt with for years respectfully and successfully and it's funny you're the only one who has been so mistreated, that's weird huh ?

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Hello all,
To make it clear to everyone reading, the whole problem, if you want to call it that, revolves around what I described earlier and allow me to quote what I wrote
"I asked before making the purchase and that was ground FOR making the purchase. And I told you that.
You told me on the phone that "JJP takes special care of their CE customers and that I would be made whole"."
This was an agreement between Joe and myself, one that he now denied he entered into and that I have no proof of. And one that he possibly and could honestly have forgoten about, which would be only human. But then he needs to keep phone calls to the point in the future and not get lost in 20 minutes of anecdotes.
What happened next is that I did not actively seek out JJP. What happened is that I registered the issue, as it was announced that this was what JJP wanted, on their website and tried to call and emailed Joe.
Joe did not reach out to me with a solution in time (he was on vacation), Jersey Jack in true Murphys Law style called me with the Jersey Jack solution before Joe got to me.
The timing could not have been worse in hindsight.
I talked to Jack and told him that I am not satisfied with the solution. Told him that I would rather be interested, instead of getting a useless playfield, to get discount towards a future title. Shipping and cost of playfield would be much better used that way.
Jack simply hung up on me. I did not mention Joe during that phone call as I realized what was happening and did not want to throw Joe under the bus in front of his manufacturer.
But now I had realized that Joe had made a promise in JJPs name that JJP was not willing not wanting nor bound to keep.
Read again, Joe told me JJP would take preferred Collectors Edition care of me. Not him. And here I was, surprised and disappointed.
I understood right away what situation Joe was in, JJP would give me standard treatment and he had a promise that he wanted to keep, or so I thought at the time. And I reached out to Joe and offered discount on a future title solution.
I was still under the impression at that time that Joe wanted to honor and/or that he remembered the agreement, hence I suggested that we find a solution for me. And that I will not share said solution as we do not want to set precedent for JJP as Jack had decided to do playfield only. I thought that Joe and I were trying to sort things out together.
Nothing. One email to Jack from Joe, Jack replied said email with "Götz is getting a playfield"...
I unhappily settled for the playfield....
Time passed and every now and then the topic came up here and I shared my frustration with others. I was not bound by an NDA nor was I offered a solution if I keep only quiet.
And now here we are.

POST THE EMAILS...

Show really how you felt in September.
Show how you thanked me for being involved WHILE I was on vacation which you seem to now lie about that I wasn't involved.
Show the community how you were willing to throw them all under the bus as long as you got yours. You didn't care about a resolution in general - just for you at all costs. Same as you are doing now with me - I'm your sacrificial lamb now no different than you were willing to do to all of your Pinside peers you cry to now for support.
You know the truth...

POST THE EMAILS... let everyone read them... then try to explain yourself and why you created a shitstorm to just be nasty and hurt people. And also make a bad situation worse for everyone else.

Then try to explain why you made up a lie about me promising you a populated playfield which is what you were contending recently to Jack and now on
Pinside. Didn't happen which is why you are now saying what I contend that 'JJP will take care of their customers', and nothing specific like you are saying. All lies. You got caught. Admit it, apologize. And I'll still fight for whatever you need like always, that's my job - has been and will continue to be.

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Joe even if all of this stuff that you are saying is true about Goetz, you still look bad by not saying that JJP screwed him by not standing behind their product. You should be as pissed off at JJP as you are at Goetz and talking to Jack in this same manner. Jack has caused every bit of this situation but you wont publicly admit it and for that reason you would probably be better off by not posting all of this bullshit on here and just not say anything at all.

It is true... that's the sad part... I'm a pawn here due to his anger. Nobody else here took the path he took to try to hurt people. Period. Everyone else's moral compass is straight.

Of course everyone deserved / deserved the game they bought. Period end of story. That's understood. A distributor can fight, argue, cajole, etc.. You don't think every single JJP and Stern distributor fought for their customers ? I didn't sell one NIB game for any company affected from maybe Aug - Oct until we all felt the issues were resolved, etc... I took a stand. I have ZERO control over warranty issues. All I can do is fight for my customers... I do feel that JJP at least stepped out in front of the problem to the point of Jack calling each and every customer. The resolution they came up with is theirs - I don't own JJP.

Here's my point why what Goetz is doing is SO BAD for everyone... Let's say a company says - submit your claim we'll take each one under review and decide each case on it's merits. Once it's shown that something like what he is doing - lying, extortion, public bashing, etc.. is possible then do you think they are going to look at every case with a jaded eye ? Of course they are... maybe people who deserve something get something less. You guys can't let this guy win because you all lose then... It's got to be done fairly with respect on trust on both sides. I'm sticking my neck out here to protect the process and all of you - what this guy is doing is GOOD for him, and BAD for everyone else. It's just WRONG. Aside from what he tried to do to me, it's morally wrong. And from where I sit as a distributor it's only going to make the next thing like this that may occur (hopefully never) much worse. Stern never even came out and said anything about their PF issues did that ? I'm not sure - maybe they did. If not then that's kind of a shitty way to handle it but it makes me think stuff like this is why they just choose to keep their mouths shut. Look at me I reached out to help the guy and all of sudden I'm his target.

As far as me posting anything - it's not my place, I don't own these companies... I own PinballSTAR. Do you make public policy statements about the companies you are employed by ? Probably not... I'm not privy to the decision making processes on warranties, etc... We can help our customers to the best of our ability but ultimately that's all we can do.

That said, I think each company probably handled it as they felt best and fairly. No not everyone will be happy. There are people with pooling that is hidden and not an issue who will get a new unpopulated PF, and there are people who have cracking who deserved more... As I've said it's a shitty situation for everyone. There is no lack of concern for customers on my part. I get it. Frankly I GET why Goetz is mad, he has every right to be mad. But to do what he did is just morally wrong. He could do the same thing to any of you if you sold a game to him.

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

No problem Joe, we can keep this on high flame in public, your choice. Or you could have called, as you should have.
You promised me, on the phone, that JJP would treat me better than standard customers, as they supposedly treat all their Collectors Edition customers with preference.
I asked whether that meant I would be made whole in case the described issues would arise, you said yes.
So, if Standard and LE owners get a playfield, where does that leave me? Can anyone blame a customer at that point to ask for a populated playfield? And if that is denied, is it a terrible idea that the customer comes up with the offer to buy yet another pinball from you, in good faith as I had no idea at that point that you would "forget" your promise, at a discount?
Win-win for everyone?
Yes, the promise was made on the phone and you are having a field day with the fact that I trusted you, that I have no recording of said phone call.
That is why I recommend to everyone to do business with Joe in writing.
Not once have you called me to work things out as you should have. I sure tried to call you. Instead you threatened me with legal action and you publically attack your Collectors Edition buyer.

POST YOUR EMAILS...
Until then your words here are meaningless.
I sent them to you, you obviously are unwilling to post them.
Now you state I DIDN'T promise you a populated playfield... Why don't you post the email to Jack where you said that's what I said and ripped me to shreds. Also said here on Pinside.
You lie.
POST YOUR EMAILS... then you and I can shut up and let everyone else figure out who's telling the truth and who's conniving ?

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Now you are being unfair.
As individual customers, we (DerGoetz, Who-Day, etc.) aren't in a position to fix this issue for the community. For example: Years ago, Stern provided a populated AC/DC PF to me correct the cloudy lower PF problem. Does the fact that I received a populated PF imply that I don't give a shit about other AC/DC owners? No. Should I have refused the populated PF until a community wide solution was developed? Of course not!
As a distributor, YOU have the leverage...the larger the distributor, the larger the leverage. The distributors are in the best position to "Judge" if a claim is valid AND monitor how many defective units were sold through their distributorship. At the moment, we have no idea how many defective PF's have been sold. If the issues are rare enough, I would imagine it would be easier to negotiate with Stern on resolving the issues.
Bottom line: Having been in this situation, it just seems like distributors aren't fighting for us (in general...not talking about you specifically).

Absolutely agree - we have more leverage than you... And I'm sure we all fought for you - every distributor with every company. You stated earlier how I did exactly that for you with CG on another matter. But, again, we don't have the final say. I spoke with my wallet and didn't buy / sell any products for MONTHS until I was comfortable the pf issues were resolved. Did you see me at ReplayFX ? Did you see me at York ? Nope - I shut down and didn't do shows, etc... JJP shut down their line and didn't ship or sell anything until they had a handle on it... Were other companies coming out with new games ? Were other distributors at shows selling games with no idea if they were good or not ? So ya, Steve I did take a stand. But like you we only can do so much.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Joe, you are completely losing your temper and professionalism in public.
And you are confusing me with Hillary Clinton

I'm glad you are now grasping at straws... No temper here and I've gotten 50 emails from customers who know how I operate and treat people and they know it's not as you state.
Standing up for myself after you lied about me...
Did I offer you a populated playfield or not ? You told Jack and Pinside I did and now you're silent on that which is what started all this... Answer it - yes or no ?

POST YOUR EMAILS... Prove what you say is true.
Your silence is golden.

What I'm doing is standing up to a bully. You tried to strongarm JJP and me... Threatened things if you didn't get your way then went and did them. Now you have egg on your face because you got caught... If you do this to me you would do it to anyone on this forum. And you are not doing any good for the whole PF process either.

POST YOUR EMAILS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.