IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#594 4 years ago

Charlie ......The Dude Abides.

Quoted from zaphX:

spookycharlie
I dig the way you do business, man.[quoted image]

#597 4 years ago

Maybe it's the Carpet Pissers messing up the playfields

#627 4 years ago

Stretch marks then. Just like women get after having kids.

Blistering or Stretch marks sound like better descriptors than pooling

1 week later
#1124 4 years ago

Pedestrian forum is called Walk, Don't Walk

#1391 4 years ago

Seems the buzz is Elvira 3 will have BM66 type pricing. That puts me out an what would have been a wanted buy for me. Plus side is maybe that will put more time in between any future game purchases and hopefully resolution of current playfield clear problems.

Will Elvira 3 playfields have trouble free clear coat ?

Will there be washers under star posts ? Will that be the new norm for Stern going forward ? Wondering.

3 months later
#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That looks nice! What kind of motor is in it?

Betcha it's a Shaker motor

#3473 4 years ago

Pretentious sums it up pretty well. Discussions, views, responses and replies boarding on trolling or goading folks is poor form. Detracts from useful or valid points that might be stated. Sometimes I agree with portions of what folks post, but think they are more intent on raising someones dander than adding anything useful or making a point with logic. Being condescending washes out any substance of what you may or may not be trying to impart to the thread.

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think I’ve posted a few times in this thread, my Elvira premium, which I got about a month ago, has no playfield issues, no pooling or chipping, no artwork up to the posts and thinner clear coat, more like a bw game. I also don’t have any obvious dimpling and have had virtually no mechanical issues (one gargoyle did come off, but was easily put back on). I can’t speak for others, but I’m very happy with the game so far. I’ve been critical of stern in the past and this is my only spike game right now, but I think they got it right on this game.

Ditto - on playfield on my Elvira. Looks fine with about 300 plays. No artwork around posts, thinner clear and actually any dimpling is minor.

1 week later
#3878 4 years ago

Issue all games playfields as production whitewoods. No art, no clear.

Maybe send a pack of magic markers along so folks can put their own art on the playfield if they like. Markers could come with a Premium model .

5 months later
#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I did this when I used to collect pez dispensers. One open to display and eat the candy and one in the package in storage.

Do you get Pro's or LE Pez Dispensers ? Were the LE's hard to get ? Did you have to wait for them ? Cool you had the money to buy two of each !

Did the LE dispense differently, have more features or was the LE just prettier ? Who was your favorite Pez designer ? How about bar coder ? Did they bitch about a guy named Dwight on the Pez Forum ? Totally undeserved. Dwight is alright in my book.

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Shit everyone would pay that extra money.
Bean counter move.

We are paying extra money with the last price increase anyway. An improved playfield would be welcome.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just tried to call their technical support and they are not answering and will not call you back due to the coronavirus situation. How convenient.

Really ? Didn't know Covid can be transmitted to others over the telephone line ! That's a new one. Maybe if you call them back with a mask on they will answer.

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe. But you need to step back 6 feet first then and yell at the phone through your mask!

I don't know - Terry is in Ohio and Stern is in Illinois so I'm sure that's "long distance" social distancing by telephone. What good is another 6' going to do ? As long as he puts a mask on I think he's good.

I'm still skeptical Stern can't answer the phone because of Covid concerns. I think they are safe.

Unless there is only 1 phone for the whole company - then I'm sure it's hard to keep it sanitized.

4 months later
#7140 3 years ago

Maybe if that photo was blown up another 1000% we could see more distortion. Pretty useless exercise blowing up a photo like that.

Buy a microscope and look at little stuff at home, bugs, leaves, rocks whatever. Searching a users posts and blowing them up into oblivion does nothing.

1 month later
#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thoughtful video on Stern quality/warranty and Spike shortcomings from a wise pinball dude. As someone who has had to purchase expensive node boards on modern Stern games with VERY LOW plays (in a home use only environment), this video struck a chord with me.

He has an axe to grind - that's old stuff and has been discussed before in other threads. Stern is by no means perfect but this guy has an agenda.

#7412 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and out of date...
and one sided....
and with an agenda...
He's anti-stern because he got his grey market importing busted up.

Ding Ding - On the money !

1 month later
#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yep, that guy is definitely full of shit. He got caught illegally importing and selling the same games he is trying to bad mouth. Funny that. He got his nose out of joint when Stern cut him off.

Yeah that shit pile video has been posted several times before. It's crapola vendetta video he made because he got caught.

3 weeks later
#7945 3 years ago

cpr9999 How about you start buying more NIB again and I'll cut back. That should even the universe out and then your basement might start looking more like mine and mine more like yours.

Or maybe you could buy a few games from me .... You need more games in your basement so you can host our friends when things improve out there. I should probably have a few less and and buy a couch to sit on downstairs. Or if you have too many couches I can buy one of those from you. Not sure about a NIB couch. But then again reluctant on HUO couches unless you know the seller or it's a relative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=noquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.