Topic Stats

• 2,664 posts - Hot topic!
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Manic
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 311 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
DAA46D17-AE44-4183-BF0E-4F9767AF5FAE (resized).jpeg
49034223-F435-4882-9980-BE445297ACB0 (resized).jpeg
59284194583__8E45E493-CC92-4645-BEF4-B9622AEB4433 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).png
20191011_124130.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5188226D-D073-4C10-86EE-CF925433A9C9 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
dollar.gif
Unknown (resized).png
9CD37D0F-1A9B-4C22-8FFD-18FA3D9A5C12 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 56 days ago

Damn man. Maybe stay away from nib to see what happens if anything

#130 55 days ago

This is getting bad. Seriously. More plays are going to equal more damage. No nib games for me until this is resolved

#131 55 days ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My brand new Iron Maiden Pro manufactured in June 2019 has the exact same issues. No chipping yet but I only have around 500 plays on it. I only have a picture of the star post right now but the same thing is happening in other areas of play field. Basically anywhere there is a post/contact with the table. Stern for sure has not fixed the issue unless it has been corrected within the past two months. I have opened a case with my distributor so I'll find out what Stern has to say in about a week. If it doesn't chip I can live with it. If it starts chipping I think it becomes unacceptable.[quoted image]

It will chip, it’s just when?

#163 55 days ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

One week old JP on location in NYC.[quoted image]

Oh shizzle. Most people aren’t going to notice to it totally chips off. End times.

#183 55 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was going to pick up a new JP, now I think I’ll wait. I hope they can fix these issues. I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

Make Dangerous Chemicals Great Again

#188 54 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The ghosting and cabinet issue prevented me from buying NIB, but then they fixed it. I was just about to consider buying NIB again from Stern and then this #@$* happens! This is killing me as I love Sterns latest releases, I WANT A DEADPOOL DADDY!

And I wanted a JP premium. Might as well save my dough.

#222 54 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This blows, i am so excited to get my JPLE,
called my distro and requested my authorization at a later date before it leaves the dock...fix it please Stern.

Cancel. Save a huge headache.

#235 53 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is no way I’m letting this playfield thing stop my pinball fun. I’m unboxing a JP2 tomorrow.

Please take pics of star posts and any playfield oddities.

#270 52 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

There is washer/post pooling in the background of the second Munsters picture that you posted.
This sucks a lot.

Bad nib playfields have dampened my mood.

#295 51 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I suspect this problem is on way more games than people realise unfortunately.
When the pooling is bad, it's very obvious.
But minor is only detected when you look very closely.
Don't have a good feeling for how these playfields are going to hold up over the years.
Sadly, this has 'cured' my pinball addiction of wanting the new, shiny.

This has stopped me from a nib purchase this fall. Just building a game room too. But it’s money saved now. Maybe look for an older game now.

#314 51 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, something changed in 2018?
That means EVERY playfield made in this time period is possibly subject to 'blistering'.
The question now, is will the blistering be stable for years or are playfields a ticking time bomb?

Ticking time bomb from what I am seeing.

#329 51 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not normally a very reactionary person, but I'm thiiis close to canceling my JP2 premium. Which is a bummer on multiple levels. Maiden is my favorite game ever, so I've been counting the days to KME's second effort. My kid is having a dinosaur-themed birthday party in late October, which the game should arrive in time for. And I have friends who work at Stern, who I don't enjoy calling out publicly. But this head-in-sand response from the company gives me little comfort or confidence in the product:
"No widespread issues here at Stern, can’t speak for other manufacturers though. If anyone does have any issues with their games though they should definitely be reaching out to their dealer or distributor." Source: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-august-26th-2019/
I don't care what their definition of "widespread" is; I've seen enough that I don't want to gamble on NIB until this issue is acknowledged and/or corrected.

No widespread issues. Lol.

#391 50 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just lost a chunk out of Catwoman. Looked around and saw a few other places either missing pieces or were cracked and ready to fall off.
I reached out to my distributor and will wait and see what transpires. I’m not angry or anything. Shit happens...it’s what you do as a company when something does go wrong that makes the difference.
In the mean time, I’ll just keep playing it and enjoying it. Although it does suck buying a $7,600 game only to find chunks falling off the play field.

Any pics?

#437 50 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm so glad my next NIB game will be my fully restored F14 with one of these playfields
I'm focusing on restores of my current games. My Comet Won Best in Show with a Hardtop, our Totan was just finished with a CPR Gold Playfield heck I'm doing a playfield swap on a Shaq Attaq right now. No more NIB for me but I will keep supporting pinball in the wild on location but this is not the stuff I want at home sorry. If I open a arcade I might deal with it but can't see spending money on these type of clear issues.

F$ck nib games right now. I work too much to lose it on a luxury item that falls apart. These games are expensive and I know other people feel the same, it takes me months to save up for a game.

#460 49 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Yikes. The washer / post combination on the new machines is effin' ugly. This is the Jurassic Park they just got at the local bar. I checked their GoTG, which was fine, however, BM66 and Black Knight Premium were not and showed chipping at the sling posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ssshhh. No widespread issues

#469 49 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

again, just a band-aid.
Only covers, doesn't fix nor prevent future issues in other areas

Agreed. It’s just common sense really.

#790 44 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. I kinda want a MBR anyways so that could be the direction that i go in.

My exact thoughts

#895 41 days ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Still waiting for the Steve Richie in sunglasses video saying this is normal and has always been acceptable. Again.....

Lol. Good one.

#1077 39 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my engine has blown up in my car. BMW dropped a new engine off and I'm doing the swap myself.
Are you guys serious? A replacement playfield on its own is +nowhere+ NEAR an acceptable solution to this. Please please please for the love of god stop saying it is.
Cheers,
Neil.

Well said. I agree. I bet most won’t even repopulate the playfields it’s a ton of work.

#1104 38 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

True, but you didn’t pay 6-12 grand for the chance to run across the highway.
Seriously though, not a lot of folks here I’ve met over the years that consider Pinball more important than losing money on its expenditure. Part of the appeal over vid games is they tend to hold or increase value.

Just wait for the big recession coming. 7k will be no longer expendable for most.

#1130 38 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ve got a recession free job. Planned it that way.

No fun. Lol

#1131 38 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ve got a recession free job. Planned it that way.

Well ahh, wait until the emp strike.

#1176 37 days ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ive made my choice and it was to buy two different sam system pins. Huo Spiderman and Twd premium. I have no worries with node boards, cabinet cracking, decals not adhering or chipped/horseshit playfields. Would I like these newer pins without constant problems, sure but until Stern truly addresses these issue they wont see a dime of my money

Same here. I bought a HUO Star Trek premium and a TWD LE both with super low plays. Not getting any nib, but I did want Jurassic, just don’t need it or the headache.

#1237 36 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Met Premium made in October 2018 with a few hundred plays. Just say no to crack. [quoted image]

Sad times in pinball.

#1250 35 days ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Called my distributor yesterday when he wanted final payment for jp2 LE. I asked him his position and what he’s heard. Stern is STILL saying 7 or 8 documented cases.....

Cancel it

#1252 35 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My distributor told me the opposite on Monday, and said that Stern was flooded with cases. Hmmmm... odd.

Sounds like yours is telling the truth.

#1284 35 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just ordered up a Super Chexx Miracle on Ice....my kids and I have played this before....its a lot of fun I wouldn't buy shit from Stern or JJP until these issues are long gone...all the people on this thread who don't think its a big issue don't have pooling or chipping on their play fields...

My Super Chexx Pro gets delivered next week. I almost went with Miracle on ice.

#1332 34 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sent in pics of my IMDNLE blistering. Upper post to the right of the jump ramp has started chipping. It has been forwarded to engineering or whatever dept. handles this. This machine was $12000 in Canada. Our wages aren’t that different and our taxes are insane, so this would be equivalent to you US guys paying that much in usd. Not happy.

Well many pinsiders think this playfield issue stuff is overblown. Zaphx.

#1334 34 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So let me be clear - it sucks. It really sucks. But it doesn't JUST suck for buyers. It sucks for manufacturers too.
All I've pleaded for is a spirit of compromise and empathy.

I will forgive you.

#1336 34 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always haven't done a good job communicating on this, and I've pissed people off which I regret.
I think pinball is fun. I think the people in the pinball community are awesome. The players, the creators, the manufacturers.
I look forward to a day that all this is behind us and we're all back to playing pinball, trading pinball, speculating what's next in pinball, and having fun together.

Well said. I agree.

#1465 29 days ago

I am out on nib till spring 2020. I want to wait and see how JP premium holds up and Elvira playfields. Patience is key. So many here have to have the newest title ASAP. No wonder these companies make their own rules.

#1481 29 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks. I personally think it is difficult as there are lots of people, companies, etc... involved.
In my experience that can make even simple problems tough. It allows lots of blame shifting between them rather than accountability.
Every step has questions, possible root casues, and possible changes (many may not be divulged)
-Where does the wood come from/ what has changed?
-ink chemical changes?
-pf prep changes?
-clear chemical or application changes?
There is even a chance that this could all come down to a very simple thing which could easily be overlooked because a subcontractor does not even think of it as a change. For example "well yeah we put a new nozzle on our automatic clear coat robot, but all that did was change the spray pattern for better coverage in fewer passes" This could in effect change density of product which would impact the need for longer cure time between coats.
Sometimes these imperceptibly small changes can have huge down stream impacts.
Just a guess, but quite possible that you have a variety of wood providers to the pf cutting company. That pf cutting company has a variety of people handling the blanks differently on different machines. The printed has lots of automation and more each day and some ink colors may change chemical composition without them even knowing as they may come from lots of different supplies. same with basically every step of the process and we are dealing with wood, ink, clear, and assembly at minimum.
Even if the ink and clear are one subcontractor, then they have likely multiple sources for base ink and clear (or accelerators, etc...)
TLDR >> lots of possibilities for change that happened without people even realizing it and now you have to pick apart everything to get it fixed.
On the flip side, it can be easy to just restart and walk the process... but the time and cost associate with it can be huge.

Easy remedy. Don’t buy nib.

#1529 28 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That playfield is rooted.

In route to the dumpster

#1531 28 days ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Promo photos of Elvira. Already shows blistering!![quoted image]

Now that’s all I needed to see. I’ll just watch from the sidelines as simps buy nib overpriced subpar quality games. This should be fun to watch over the next few months.

#1573 28 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like they are going to announce the recall of all the boxed up games sitting at distributors waiting to be delivered too?

Yeah no kidding. What a joke. Buy a JP pro good chance if it’s old stock then oops.

#1599 27 days ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

Cancel it. Save money. Go on a trip or something

#1626 27 days ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

I no longer trust Stern at all. They just want your money to feed investors.

#1663 27 days ago

No pooling or chipping on my nib hockey yet...

83860DC5-70D4-4E47-8C79-61AE4FD77EAF (resized).jpeg
#1672 26 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

BBB is a Joke, IMO. That said, Stern has a better rating than JJP or Pinball Sales.com

Actually you’re right about BBB.

#2039 20 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

instead of buying the latest dinosaur game from Stern (JPLE) I purchased a Galaxy Fire electronic Dart board and a Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro bubble hockey game.....and saved $1500

Great great move. Love my super chexx pro. Starting a tournament with friends next month at my place. Pinball just getting too expensive and subpar quality doesn’t help.

#2064 20 days ago

Damn!!! Hope you didn’t buy it from the vendor who said he “heard” the playfield issues were resolved a couple weeks ago....

#2150 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Quick Update:
Stern has been fast to respond to my emails. They said they sent my pictures to quality control and offered to send me a bottle of clear touch-up to mitigate the paint peeling issue.

Just lay it on thick.

#2273 11 days ago

I’ve been gone too long from this thread. Paint my basement rec room tomorrow.

45658DE9-A24A-4B4C-B3E1-E0970B5BE2A7 (resized).jpeg
#2275 11 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve been gone too long from this thread. Paint my basement rec room tomorrow.[quoted image]

Maybe I’ll run right out and buy the new stern Star Wars comic art package premium when I am done painting.

Reeeeeeeeeeee!

#2596 3 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New cars are a waste of money also. Buy a Bube hockey now and wait for the playfield issues to get resolved. That's what I'm doing.

Just had family over playing my Super Chexx. Super fun for everyone. My sister in-law never played one in her life. After two games and some pointers she was loving it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 48.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside