IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Damn man. Maybe stay away from nib to see what happens if anything

#130 4 years ago

This is getting bad. Seriously. More plays are going to equal more damage. No nib games for me until this is resolved

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My brand new Iron Maiden Pro manufactured in June 2019 has the exact same issues. No chipping yet but I only have around 500 plays on it. I only have a picture of the star post right now but the same thing is happening in other areas of play field. Basically anywhere there is a post/contact with the table. Stern for sure has not fixed the issue unless it has been corrected within the past two months. I have opened a case with my distributor so I'll find out what Stern has to say in about a week. If it doesn't chip I can live with it. If it starts chipping I think it becomes unacceptable.[quoted image]

It will chip, it’s just when?

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

One week old JP on location in NYC.[quoted image]

Oh shizzle. Most people aren’t going to notice to it totally chips off. End times.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was going to pick up a new JP, now I think I’ll wait. I hope they can fix these issues. I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

Make Dangerous Chemicals Great Again

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The ghosting and cabinet issue prevented me from buying NIB, but then they fixed it. I was just about to consider buying NIB again from Stern and then this #@$* happens! This is killing me as I love Sterns latest releases, I WANT A DEADPOOL DADDY!

And I wanted a JP premium. Might as well save my dough.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This blows, i am so excited to get my JPLE,
called my distro and requested my authorization at a later date before it leaves the dock...fix it please Stern.

Cancel. Save a huge headache.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is no way I’m letting this playfield thing stop my pinball fun. I’m unboxing a JP2 tomorrow.

Please take pics of star posts and any playfield oddities.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

There is washer/post pooling in the background of the second Munsters picture that you posted.
This sucks a lot.

Bad nib playfields have dampened my mood.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I suspect this problem is on way more games than people realise unfortunately.
When the pooling is bad, it's very obvious.
But minor is only detected when you look very closely.
Don't have a good feeling for how these playfields are going to hold up over the years.
Sadly, this has 'cured' my pinball addiction of wanting the new, shiny.

This has stopped me from a nib purchase this fall. Just building a game room too. But it’s money saved now. Maybe look for an older game now.

#314 4 years ago

So, something changed in 2018?
That means EVERY playfield made in this time period is possibly subject to 'blistering'.
The question now, is will the blistering be stable for years or are playfields a ticking time bomb?

Ticking time bomb from what I am seeing.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not normally a very reactionary person, but I'm thiiis close to canceling my JP2 premium. Which is a bummer on multiple levels. Maiden is my favorite game ever, so I've been counting the days to KME's second effort. My kid is having a dinosaur-themed birthday party in late October, which the game should arrive in time for. And I have friends who work at Stern, who I don't enjoy calling out publicly. But this head-in-sand response from the company gives me little comfort or confidence in the product:
"No widespread issues here at Stern, can’t speak for other manufacturers though. If anyone does have any issues with their games though they should definitely be reaching out to their dealer or distributor." Source: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-august-26th-2019/
I don't care what their definition of "widespread" is; I've seen enough that I don't want to gamble on NIB until this issue is acknowledged and/or corrected.

No widespread issues. Lol.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just lost a chunk out of Catwoman. Looked around and saw a few other places either missing pieces or were cracked and ready to fall off.
I reached out to my distributor and will wait and see what transpires. I’m not angry or anything. Shit happens...it’s what you do as a company when something does go wrong that makes the difference.
In the mean time, I’ll just keep playing it and enjoying it. Although it does suck buying a $7,600 game only to find chunks falling off the play field.

Any pics?

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'm so glad my next NIB game will be my fully restored F14 with one of these playfields
I'm focusing on restores of my current games. My Comet Won Best in Show with a Hardtop, our Totan was just finished with a CPR Gold Playfield heck I'm doing a playfield swap on a Shaq Attaq right now. No more NIB for me but I will keep supporting pinball in the wild on location but this is not the stuff I want at home sorry. If I open a arcade I might deal with it but can't see spending money on these type of clear issues.

F$ck nib games right now. I work too much to lose it on a luxury item that falls apart. These games are expensive and I know other people feel the same, it takes me months to save up for a game.

#460 4 years ago

Yikes. The washer / post combination on the new machines is effin' ugly. This is the Jurassic Park they just got at the local bar. I checked their GoTG, which was fine, however, BM66 and Black Knight Premium were not and showed chipping at the sling posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ssshhh. No widespread issues

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

again, just a band-aid.
Only covers, doesn't fix nor prevent future issues in other areas

Agreed. It’s just common sense really.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. I kinda want a MBR anyways so that could be the direction that i go in.

My exact thoughts

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Still waiting for the Steve Richie in sunglasses video saying this is normal and has always been acceptable. Again.....

Lol. Good one.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my engine has blown up in my car. BMW dropped a new engine off and I'm doing the swap myself.
Are you guys serious? A replacement playfield on its own is +nowhere+ NEAR an acceptable solution to this. Please please please for the love of god stop saying it is.
Cheers,
Neil.

Well said. I agree. I bet most won’t even repopulate the playfields it’s a ton of work.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True, but you didn’t pay 6-12 grand for the chance to run across the highway.
Seriously though, not a lot of folks here I’ve met over the years that consider Pinball more important than losing money on its expenditure. Part of the appeal over vid games is they tend to hold or increase value.

Just wait for the big recession coming. 7k will be no longer expendable for most.

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ve got a recession free job. Planned it that way.

No fun. Lol

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ve got a recession free job. Planned it that way.

Well ahh, wait until the emp strike.

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ive made my choice and it was to buy two different sam system pins. Huo Spiderman and Twd premium. I have no worries with node boards, cabinet cracking, decals not adhering or chipped/horseshit playfields. Would I like these newer pins without constant problems, sure but until Stern truly addresses these issue they wont see a dime of my money

Same here. I bought a HUO Star Trek premium and a TWD LE both with super low plays. Not getting any nib, but I did want Jurassic, just don’t need it or the headache.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Met Premium made in October 2018 with a few hundred plays. Just say no to crack. [quoted image]

Sad times in pinball.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Called my distributor yesterday when he wanted final payment for jp2 LE. I asked him his position and what he’s heard. Stern is STILL saying 7 or 8 documented cases.....

Cancel it

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My distributor told me the opposite on Monday, and said that Stern was flooded with cases. Hmmmm... odd.

Sounds like yours is telling the truth.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just ordered up a Super Chexx Miracle on Ice....my kids and I have played this before....its a lot of fun I wouldn't buy shit from Stern or JJP until these issues are long gone...all the people on this thread who don't think its a big issue don't have pooling or chipping on their play fields...

My Super Chexx Pro gets delivered next week. I almost went with Miracle on ice.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sent in pics of my IMDNLE blistering. Upper post to the right of the jump ramp has started chipping. It has been forwarded to engineering or whatever dept. handles this. This machine was $12000 in Canada. Our wages aren’t that different and our taxes are insane, so this would be equivalent to you US guys paying that much in usd. Not happy.

Well many pinsiders think this playfield issue stuff is overblown. Zaphx.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So let me be clear - it sucks. It really sucks. But it doesn't JUST suck for buyers. It sucks for manufacturers too.
All I've pleaded for is a spirit of compromise and empathy.

I will forgive you.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always haven't done a good job communicating on this, and I've pissed people off which I regret.
I think pinball is fun. I think the people in the pinball community are awesome. The players, the creators, the manufacturers.
I look forward to a day that all this is behind us and we're all back to playing pinball, trading pinball, speculating what's next in pinball, and having fun together.

Well said. I agree.

#1465 4 years ago

I am out on nib till spring 2020. I want to wait and see how JP premium holds up and Elvira playfields. Patience is key. So many here have to have the newest title ASAP. No wonder these companies make their own rules.

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks. I personally think it is difficult as there are lots of people, companies, etc... involved.
In my experience that can make even simple problems tough. It allows lots of blame shifting between them rather than accountability.
Every step has questions, possible root casues, and possible changes (many may not be divulged)
-Where does the wood come from/ what has changed?
-ink chemical changes?
-pf prep changes?
-clear chemical or application changes?
There is even a chance that this could all come down to a very simple thing which could easily be overlooked because a subcontractor does not even think of it as a change. For example "well yeah we put a new nozzle on our automatic clear coat robot, but all that did was change the spray pattern for better coverage in fewer passes" This could in effect change density of product which would impact the need for longer cure time between coats.
Sometimes these imperceptibly small changes can have huge down stream impacts.
Just a guess, but quite possible that you have a variety of wood providers to the pf cutting company. That pf cutting company has a variety of people handling the blanks differently on different machines. The printed has lots of automation and more each day and some ink colors may change chemical composition without them even knowing as they may come from lots of different supplies. same with basically every step of the process and we are dealing with wood, ink, clear, and assembly at minimum.
Even if the ink and clear are one subcontractor, then they have likely multiple sources for base ink and clear (or accelerators, etc...)
TLDR >> lots of possibilities for change that happened without people even realizing it and now you have to pick apart everything to get it fixed.
On the flip side, it can be easy to just restart and walk the process... but the time and cost associate with it can be huge.

Easy remedy. Don’t buy nib.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That playfield is rooted.

In route to the dumpster

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Promo photos of Elvira. Already shows blistering!![quoted image]

Now that’s all I needed to see. I’ll just watch from the sidelines as simps buy nib overpriced subpar quality games. This should be fun to watch over the next few months.

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like they are going to announce the recall of all the boxed up games sitting at distributors waiting to be delivered too?

Yeah no kidding. What a joke. Buy a JP pro good chance if it’s old stock then oops.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

Cancel it. Save money. Go on a trip or something

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

I no longer trust Stern at all. They just want your money to feed investors.

#1663 4 years ago

No pooling or chipping on my nib hockey yet...

83860DC5-70D4-4E47-8C79-61AE4FD77EAF (resized).jpeg83860DC5-70D4-4E47-8C79-61AE4FD77EAF (resized).jpeg
#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

BBB is a Joke, IMO. That said, Stern has a better rating than JJP or Pinball Sales.com

Actually you’re right about BBB.

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

instead of buying the latest dinosaur game from Stern (JPLE) I purchased a Galaxy Fire electronic Dart board and a Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro bubble hockey game.....and saved $1500

Great great move. Love my super chexx pro. Starting a tournament with friends next month at my place. Pinball just getting too expensive and subpar quality doesn’t help.

#2064 4 years ago

Damn!!! Hope you didn’t buy it from the vendor who said he “heard” the playfield issues were resolved a couple weeks ago....

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Quick Update:
Stern has been fast to respond to my emails. They said they sent my pictures to quality control and offered to send me a bottle of clear touch-up to mitigate the paint peeling issue.

Just lay it on thick.

#2273 4 years ago

I’ve been gone too long from this thread. Paint my basement rec room tomorrow.

45658DE9-A24A-4B4C-B3E1-E0970B5BE2A7 (resized).jpeg45658DE9-A24A-4B4C-B3E1-E0970B5BE2A7 (resized).jpeg
#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ve been gone too long from this thread. Paint my basement rec room tomorrow.[quoted image]

Maybe I’ll run right out and buy the new stern Star Wars comic art package premium when I am done painting.

Reeeeeeeeeeee!

#2573 4 years ago

Lol. Yawn. Now buy that new 9k game! Nope ain’t doing it.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New cars are a waste of money also. Buy a Bube hockey now and wait for the playfield issues to get resolved. That's what I'm doing.

Just had family over playing my Super Chexx. Super fun for everyone. My sister in-law never played one in her life. After two games and some pointers she was loving it.

2 weeks later
#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

My JP Premium with a build date of 10/22. Each of the 4 up posts had varying degrees of defects. All are rough. Left in lane has a chip in the clear and missing a bit of paint. The issues have been reported to Stern. Not happy with this.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And you still keep buying nib. Sigh.

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Take away all the hype that Stern creates and you are left with machines of a very low quality compared to pins of the last 30 years. I hope they lose a lot of customers to the companies that are making better quality pins. Maybe then Stern will make games like LOTR again. I honestly think the games of the last few years have been junk quality wise.

My exact thoughts. Shame, but people keep buying because materialism drives them.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Has old stock been returned to Stern, or is it a crap shoot with your distro?

Great question. Obviously you won’t get an answer I guess. Well we know the answer. Crapshoot buying any previous inventory. Me and many others are staying clear of nib for that reason alone.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's sad to see on such a new game. Just ordered a Premium and was assured that Stern had nailed their PF issues. Oh well. Looks like the post could be the culprit I guess. Whatever the reason, shit like this just didn't happen for so many years. Sigh.

Good luck. I’d buy one but 7500 for me is a long time save up to gamble on subpar quality.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Was told they are no longer doing that.

Haha well f$ck stern then. Wow. Just saved me major money in the future.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You are still looking at easily 20 hours of work. I make $200/hr, so is Stern going to pay me $4000 for me to swap my playfield?

Stern will pay you. They cut me a check for doing a swap.

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's shocking. I'm sure the check wasn't close to 4k. I'd guess "swap comp" would be in the $500-$1000 range...which is certainly better than nothing (and somewhat fair considering many situations). The waste associated with populated PF swaps is huge, since the old PF parts aren't re-useable.

I was being sarcastic.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shame on people for accepting an unpopulated playfield as an acceptable remedy. Stern sold a defective product, end of story. Their options are to come pick their machine up and send a new one, or send someone out to swap in a populated playfield. Anything less is enabling Stern to produce even crappier products because they know they can get away with it.

They are getting away with it. I can’t believe these people rushing to buy nib latest games. I’ll just sit back and giggle.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

UPDATE: Well yesterday I received my new IMDN unpopulated playfield. And it's stamped June 28, 2019...with no indication or paperwork that this has been recently clearcoated. So I have to assume that this replacement is going to do the EXACT same thing as the one I already have. This is extremely disappointing. My current playfield has 10+ posts with pooling plus cracking. So I swap playfields and have this happen all over again??

What’s your next nib purchase?

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

Yes that sums it up. Was just in JP owners thread, still people buying premiums. Let them be the next ones. Sit back and be patient or like Who-Dey buy something different if you “need” a new game.

1 week later
#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

[quoted image]

Looks good.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Looks fucked!

What game is it?

#3133 4 years ago

Screw nib. All this crappy stock is just sitting at distributors waiting to be purchased by an unlucky person.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I am done with NIB overpriced games. There is no way to justify these prices for what you are receiving. These distributors are make over well $1500 on every game sold.

I am with you. Same here. Let the simps get screwed. Not me.

2 weeks later
#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I dealt directly with Zach @ Flipnout and he took care of my issues himself.I guess I was lucky I picked the right distro

Prices are too dang high.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love that one of the downvoters actually has Gary in his avatar. LOL

Beat me to it.

#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just sent my second email today, after two months of crickets. Would emails every day do anything?

That’s bs. You should start emailing daily.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

My sentiments exactly. I was going to buy a JP for my wife (she's a FREAK for anything about that film!) but thanks to Stern's attitude towards their customers who needed support, no thanks. I'm done with anything Stern puts out.

A CGC game will be my next nib when I have the cash. Stern isn’t getting my money, not when friends of mine have games with chipping and no response for months. I ain’t joining that club.

1 week later
#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

People are still buying these things... and still complaining.

I really want a Stranger Things and have the money. Yes I haven’t even seen the darn thing yet, but man these QC issues are holding me back from a nib purchase. Damn shame.

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I felt the same way until I played Keith's awesome JP2. Decided to move forward and fortunately received a solid build (11/22).
After 120 games, only needed to replace 1 coil stop. No PF issues. Raptor pit and right flipper need "dialing in", but the game is really solid otherwise. All things considered, I'm pleased with what I received.

That’s good to hear.

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Stern playfield lottery is the main reason I'm hesitant to buy a Stranger Things. It does seem like premium and or LE Stern playfields are made better based on what I've been reading but that's just a guess.

Me and Who-Dey just got off phone saying same thing.

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fortunately those titles do nothing for me.
And with the playfield and other reported non resolved quality control issues of late, not buying is somewhat of a no brainer. Even if I had some brains and no willpower, it would still be a predestined pass.

I decided to stay away from nib. That long ride home today from Xmas I had time to think about it.

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

So Stern started using thicker bad clearcoat to make sure they had as much space as possible between the steel ball and their downgraded soft ass wood playfields? That caused pooling and chipping. So now they go back to a thin layer of bad clearcoat which exposes their cheap soft ass wood PFs with craters. They haven’t fixed anything. Stern makes the lowest quality pins on the market and they are playing all the pinheads like a fiddle. Those buying Sterns are being taken IMO. But hey at least your current FOMO is gone.........until the next sub par release.

God forbid you criticize Stern on here. The defense team will attack soon. I would totally buy a Jurassic Premium, but not with the current quality hell no.

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well no offense to anyone because you guys are all my friends but I AM a Stern fanboy but I also call it like I see it, and their quality sucks right now and there's no way that I would buy a NIB game at the moment. We will see how they treat me on my current issues also. I also just bought a IMDN topper and i gotta tell ya, that is a 400 dollar freakin joke. Cheap ass plastic topper for 400 dollars and if that isnt already embarrassing enough, the background piece wasn't cut right and and in the top right corner you can see a big gap and the light shines through it and it looks bad.
This clearcoat debacle that's going on right now though is 100 percent stopping me from buying JP2 and Elvira 3 from them. I have two bad playfields right now, I dont need or want anymore.

Fanboy.....I even bought a Stern hat this summer! Haven’t been wearing it. I hope they take care of you somehow, it would be in there best interest. They probably would still make money on those two premiums you want even if it costs them some resolution for your current issues.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I joined the club today and I’m not excited
261 plays on my pin and I found this today when putting on my penguin mod! I sent this to my distributor and he said they should send me a populated playfield. I’m not holding my breath but very sad for a couple months old[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap Batman. That’s shit. I would drive that game to Chicago and film you walking in to discuss it with Gary Stern. Someone should do that.

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Right, very interactive. Can’t wait until more pieces come off and I can glue them back to the playfield

It’s part of the fun. So glad not to be in this club. It has to stop.

#3566 4 years ago

Stern really rushed that Stranger Things game release. Hmmmm. Buy buy buy that nib, join the playfield lottery.

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

He called me, POTC Collector Edition owner.
I sure didn't gush and told him my demands, pointing out that installing said replacement playfield will cost upwards of US$1000 as obviously neither him, Joe Newhard nor I have the time do do a swap.
He didn't give a shit, neither did Joe Newhard who went immediately silent in spite of him promising me before the sale (!!!) that I as a CE owner would get special treatment should there ever be such playfield issues. Yes, I brought the issue up before the purchase.
They both decided for me that I am getting an unpopulated playfield and that the joke is on me.
Have yet to even see that playfield.

So don't buy from Pinball Star too.

#3621 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What was the date of the playfield/game manufacture of the problems you’ve seen? I’m trying to be objective and establish some baseline here. Anyone have a game made (not purchased) since October with playfield issues?
I like the look of the thinner clear.

I’d buy a Jurassic Park premium tomorrow but I am too afraid. That’s why I am thinking cgc, like your AFMr for sale.

1 week later
#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even Danny Trejo's face is looking smoother than that.[quoted image]

Lmao. Good one.

1 week later
#4020 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It is still possible to get a complete playfield swap if the damage is bad enough with Stern. 5 key people at Stern have to okay it, and you may have to wait a few months, but at least it is an option in some cases. Offering a bare playfield that people haven't received in half a year on a premium game from a company that bills themselves as such is more than a bit of a failure, IMO. Clearcoat falling off a month or two old game is not a customer problem, it is a JJP problem. The customer shouldn't be made to feel like shit for asking that they get what they paid a premium for in a timely manner.

Yup

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Absolutely not true.

I got a replacement AC/DC vault premium populated playfield a year or more ago. But I had to uninstall damaged one and install new one by myself as a noob. No help from distributor. Man these distributors have it easy as pie.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Joe is probably a decent guy, I dont doubt that a bit but if distributors have no influence on the manufacturer then why do we need them? I would just rather buy factory direct and cut out the middle man and have the savings passed on to me.

That would be awesome. Like my bubble hockey I bought directly from Ice. My local distributor who sells pinballs wanted another 500 bucks and that’s not even the nhl version. Time to change pass savings onto customer.

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

Hey Guys, I just pulled the trigger and got a Stern Jurassic pro and I'm hopeful not to have any playfield issues but if I do what should I be looking for during my first few weeks with game?
Excited to get the game as It looks really amazing!

Carefully watch the sling posts and see if it’s got a big washer. Hopefully you have a later build date.

#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nice! Keep an eye on the post in front of the upper flipper. If yours has not been modified, you may want to loctite it. My neighbors would not stay tight at all, and it wound up stripping out entirely. He is also waiting on a populated swap to be delivered (due to other defects).

Wow I forgot about that upper post.

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from caz1844:

What do I do with the upperpost, apply some locktite?

Read Lesmanley’s post above he knows exactly what is the solution.

#4315 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Read Lesmanley’s post above he knows exactly what is the solution.

Just make sure you keep a constant eye on that post at the upper flipper.

#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

All of this is crazy and seemingly exclusive to Pinball.
What are these distributors good for in the end?

I started a thread today about that.

1 week later
#4600 4 years ago

Joe Kaminkow is a total simp

1 week later
#4753 4 years ago

Did stern really just have another price increase this week on all models? Rofl. God I am so glad I went back to playing retro video games.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, stick around, the hobby desperately needs quality hobbyists like you!
Are you giving up on Deep Root already?! That was fast.

I was only cheering on Deeproot for fun. Now I am in Spooky's corner and CGC. Stern got too greedy and overconfident.

Even if I leave the hobby I’ll always be on pinside.

2 months later
#5148 3 years ago

Russian Roulette playfields.

#5192 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe Covid will force Gary to retire and Stern can hire someone with longterm vision.

We can only hope.

1 week later
#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But with those, you KNOW you're getting sub par quality... so that's sorta nice, I guess. Certainty. And before you cry about this post, I'm not arbitrarily bashing them because I hate them. I've owned and love many stern, and intend to buy more. I just wish to god their quality was better.

I remember your Star Trek pro issues.

1 week later
#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Well I just heard back from Stern about my playfield. They will send me an unpopulated playfield. Do y’all think I should press for a populated playfield or just take what I can get? I am grateful for whatever but it would be nice to get a playfield I can actually replace myself.

Good question.

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Imagine a company sending out a gearbox or clutch or something to replace a defective one and saying “there you go, have at it!”.
For your average consumer replacing a populated playfield would be a intimidating task, disconnecting the loom, pulling out the old playfield etc. Expecting an average consumer to be able to do a proper playfield swap is just ridiculous.

I was about to go all in on a stern tmnt, then was reminded its basically a gamble. Hell I just canceled a cgc mmre order because there’s been issues that multiple people have shown with them. I get there’s always issues, but these “toys” are big money and manufacturers lack responsibility, but people are still willing to lose out. This will change when the economy keeps getting beat.

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Thanks for the link; glad I watched. Yeah, fuck that lol.

Wow I just watched that. What a rat. Fuck nib 2020. I think it’s best to sit back and watch the fuck show. Waiting for tmnt Stern playfield pics soon and people going crazed.

2 weeks later
#5436 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

YOU are the one that is keeping the dimpling discussion alive not me. Lol

Thanks for letting me know the other day about adjusting T-Rex to drop ball on ramp only. I rather have ball return to left flipper partially cause I suck.

1 week later
#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How do you only have 300 plays on your GB after owning it 3 or 4 years??

Play about two games per week?

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is certain irony there, though. It took my mom until her late 90s to only remember things that happened decades ago.
I personally, don't need or want anything to remind me of my youth. Except that quality of things I buy now is even close. There does however seem to be a certain age group that would rather relive their youths and pay heavily to do so. Living in the now must suck for them.

I like living in the past.

#5600 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think the reason I don't is I still feel like I'm in my youth, so there is really no youth to revisit.
A little nostalgia once in a while because I have a super good memory, but I'm not paying money to put up monuments to it. What is happening today and tomorrow is all that matters now.

I can remember so much of the past and have flashbacks. Such a good family unit and moral teachings. I don’t know how I became so evil.

Anyway back to playfields!

I recently purchased a JP premium built on 6/4/20. So far I am happy. Only hundred games in, but the thin clear looks ok to me. I love the game.

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

They told me i would need to send the old one back

Ha!

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, this is.
[quoted image]

Damn. Gorgeous

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Ahh yes, the good old days!
[quoted image]

1988 was a good year for me.

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I set up in my shop with great lighting, and i got hosed.
Looks like i got sent a playfield that started to get populated on the bottom and was removed do to quality issues and then sent to me to replace the playfield with quality issues. At this point im not giving anymore time or energy to stern. I will also not be giving any more of my money or support for their products, they make very fun games, but you just cant treat your customers so poorly. Someone at Stern needs to change this poor treatment policy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You lost the lottery twice. Unbelievable.

#5743 3 years ago

Tmnt LE owners are already having their machines fail. Rear diverter at turtle van. Some are reporting only a handful of plays and it fails. Did they test the game and put a few hundred games on it first? Just to think people spent 9k plus on these. Gotta have it’s.

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My Elvira, stranger things and Jurassic park, all purchased this year have really good playfields. No issues, even minimal to no dimpling. Pretty sure they fixed it people. Stop whining

My 6/4/20 build JP premium is dimpling. No too severe but, there’s a couple craters. I also only have 150 plays on it. I “had” to get a new game from canceling vacations and being home more with covid19 limitations. I canceled my tmnt pro. Just don’t feel like handing them more for less quality.

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lmao. I needed that.

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's simply not true. They band aided the problem by putting paper thin clearcoat on the playfields and they look like shit now and probably wont hold up over time. Also there have been lots of insert issues popping up lately. Bottom line is this thread needs to stay open because they aren't taking care of customers that buy their 6-10K toys.

Exactly. They use to take care of customers.

#5813 3 years ago

work
noun
activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
"he was tired after a day's work in the fields"
a task or tasks to be undertaken; something a person or thing has to do.
"they made sure the work was progressing smoothly"
- Lyman
</blockquote

Comment edited. Don’t need Stern trying to get me fired at my job. I’ll get back to “work”.

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

You win some and lose some. I'll take loose parts over a crappy playfield any day of the week.

Loose parts can damage the playfield.

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well my answer to him then would be why the F do we need distributors for? I would rather just buy from Stern and save a grand or whatever it is and cut out the middle man.

I liked buying an Ice bubble hockey direct. Great service too.

#5908 3 years ago

Brand new Turtles LE a person posted in turtles thread.

https://images.pinside.com/a/14/44/a14443d0ff4ff888d9133d6465e46c92b1756224.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5911 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Stern really needs to put small washers under the posts that secure the lane guides in order to space the lane guides slightly off the playfield surface to prevent the blistering (pooling) pictured. But they won't.

I just found 4-5 spots on my JP premium June build that have pooling at these ball guide locations. Do I start a ticket? Do they give a dang? Canceling my tmnt pro tomorrow. Faith is gone.

#5918 3 years ago

Here’s my JP premium June 2020 build shooter lane with 200 plays.
And in the red circle with line in other pic is 50% of my ballguide / rail connection to playfield locations with pooling. This is actually not the worst of them. Hard to get a good pic need to stand right above, but some of the pooling has crept up the rails/guides.

7FC98875-DA37-4D91-A302-113EF8638854 (resized).jpeg7FC98875-DA37-4D91-A302-113EF8638854 (resized).jpegD86C442C-EF03-47D1-A489-44BE06087180 (resized).jpegD86C442C-EF03-47D1-A489-44BE06087180 (resized).jpeg
#5921 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear about your AP game. Stern could make a comparable product but has sadly chosen profit over passion and pride. Stern prices have gone through the roof over the past decade and quality has gone down in numerous areas...there's no excuse other then greed at this point. Some Stern loyalists will say "blame JJP for raising prices". To that I say if Stern is going to charge JJP prices then they should at least be offering JJP quality (features, code, build quality, etc) but instead they do the exact opposite.

All too true. I freaking love stern games, but not the quality.

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Was thinking of ordering JP with the hope that the shitty playfield issue had been corrected after Jan of 2020.

It’s shit. Thinner clear with same issues what a fucking way to fix it. At least I found these issues now before my tmnt pro got delivered. I can’t wait to call my distributor at this point and get my money back on my order in a couple hours.

#5941 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It’s a permanent fix. Between all my games I ended up doing like 40 of them.
A couple had chipped previously so can’t really fix that, but prevents the chip from growing and the rest are still nice and flat.
Oh, and I also added Mylar circles on top afterwards. There’s an entire thread on this fix somewhere FYI.
Trust me, I initially lost my mind about this shit and you’re gonna have a lot more fun just buying what you want and playing it... and doing the iron thing when it happens. Seems like this is an issue that’s not gonna totally go away.

So you’re saying I have to remove all ramps and other things that get in the way of removing ball guides then iron the spots with pooling. Add a washer or something and put it back together. Bhahaha. If you’re cool with that then fine. Really says a lot about the quality. Maybe it’s part of being the “lifestyle brand”.

#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You got me. I LOVE playfield damage!
Look. Spending an hour fixing this issue is better than spending months arguing with the manufacturer and getting nowhere and screaming about it on forums. That shit is exhausting. I know from personal experiences.
You can basically deal with it and play the games you want to play, or vote with your wallet and don’t buy new Stern games. But we all know that never sticks. How’s that new JP?

I choose to vote with my wallet now going forward. Cancel my tmnt pro in an hour. I get what you’re saying. I just am not stripping my game down this week. I’ll think about it for sure. Might have to be a project. Some of the pooling spots will require a complete tear down of all parts. JP is a great game don’t get me wrong just wish someone like cgc made Sterns playfields or something.

#5955 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I want to get a JP Prem, but will not order a NIB. I'll have to wait to find one locally that I can see before I buy.

Not best photo, but zoom in, see the bubble of clear pooled up.

7F75F918-5EDD-472E-B6E8-58BB6F1537F5 (resized).jpeg7F75F918-5EDD-472E-B6E8-58BB6F1537F5 (resized).jpeg
#5961 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I want to get a JP Prem, but will not order a NIB. I'll have to wait to find one locally that I can see before I buy.

Here’s a tune for ya about this being my last nib.

#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They might end up permanently banning me from every thread I ever started, but I get the feeling they will never close that thread down regardless.
Just as people will keep buying and complaining, no matter how bad quality goes down the shitter on these new games.

I just had to be part of the lifestyle brand. I feel like I am in like Flynn now.

#5985 3 years ago

Stern lost me as a customer. That’s real. I hadn’t bought any nib games since Iron Maiden pro when it came out. I watched all the issues people were having with several new releases. I sat on the sidelines. Then I was hearing that things were looking better and they pulled art back and this and that. Then I decided to gamble after being locked down for months and bought JP Premium latest run. This week I discovered not much has changed. I am just glad I found this shit before my tmnt came even if it had no problems.

Stern playfields are shitty. Yes you might get lucky and be ok. I am not throwing thousands of dollars out there to be lucky again. Lesson learned the hard way.

#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

This is terrible, I was planning on buying more nib pins from stern and even try a jjp for the first time but I like to gamble when I go to the casino not when I'm buying a pinball machine.
I know there is always people who will never be happy and critic every single little detail but lately I see more and more people complaining and not the same as always bunch.
This is a good sign to me that major pinball cies don't care as they should about there product and will accept that true fans may buy less lately as long as pinball are selling even if it's to guys who cannot Identify what is an orbit shot. I don't mean to offend anyone but a friend of mine who did not care for pinball for his entire life is trilled and feels nostalgic about maybe buying a teenage mutant ninja turtles.
I bought 5 NIB stern in the last years but I'll take a break for a near future see how things go.

I took a break. Came back. Bought a JP premium with a shooter lane that chipped like crazy in 200 plays and have pooling at ball guides. Stay sane stay clear.

#6026 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What did your distro say when you cancelled TMNT?

He said he’s sorry and understands basically. Thinks it’s the conditions at the factory causing the clear too gather up. Sending pics to him then you know the rest.

#6028 3 years ago

thinks it’s heat and humidity at factory. Playfield should be cured somewhere else.

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Apparently, they're using reinforced leg/corner brackets now. Here's a pic of my SW Comic Pro. So cab splitting SHOULD be a thing of the past. Also, what's weird is that my Whirlwind had exactly the same tiny leg-bolt brackets that Stern was using. Guess the Sys11 cabinets were sturdier, so they could handle the tiny brackets.
Also, does shooter lane wear really matter? I mean the shooter lane is isolated from the rest of playfield, so it's not like it can spread to wear it matters. And I never look at the shooter lane anyway, so I don't get the obsession with it. But that's just me I guess.
[quoted image]

My shooter lane is only part of my issues now. I have pooling clear at my ball guides. It may never chip, but still...if it does I know nothing will be done about it. My distributor wants pics so I need to get some this weekend, but said it’s a long process now. So crazy that my TWD le and Trek Premium looks flawless and were made in 2014 +/- Big difference in quality of clear.

#6048 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only sell to other people that don’t care.
We are called the Nihilist Pinball Alliance and we believe in nothing.

Stern is good, they can do no wrong, stern is good, they can do no wrong.....

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They don't need to pretend these are collectables or worry about quality, when all they have to do is dangle another 35-40 year old theme like a carrot in front of a donkey, and those with more money than hair do the rest.

I am offended. I have plenty of hair its just not on my head jerk. I also canceled my tmnt pro. Unfortunately I learned the hard way with my JP premium. I stayed clear of all these recent issues till last month. I should just went and bought a jet ski.

#6107 3 years ago

I worked my butt off last year to get into the standings were I can get the discount. Ask me if I’ve used it?
I was dead set on a Jurassic Park Premium. But since Stern and my Distributor decided they didn’t care about the chunks missing from my Catwoman, I’m not buying anything.
Well, maybe a 240 gallon rimless aquarium....

I just bought my last nib Stern. JP premium. June build. With free pooling of clear.

#6192 3 years ago

More pooling found. JP Premium. June build.

D27771D2-A0B8-46CB-8564-6D090A87E734 (resized).jpegD27771D2-A0B8-46CB-8564-6D090A87E734 (resized).jpeg
#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like this? What’s this, about 2-300%? Doesn’t look grainy to me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice cat.

#6261 3 years ago

Has anyone ever had a piece of clear break off in this scenario?

E5737897-75B8-42CE-8623-FB34EDD741D2 (resized).jpegE5737897-75B8-42CE-8623-FB34EDD741D2 (resized).jpeg
#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It eventually did on my Black Knight SoR
[quoted image]

Great I can’t wait. I’ll never buy another Stern unless I get a new playfield and I doubt I will.

#6296 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How about the manufacturers making a decent, god damn product that warrants a purchase price of 7K?

That’s all we want.

#6322 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is exactly right.....they won't change until the market forces them to do so....listen I'm happy that people buy these games sight unseen, and with all the quality issues. That way I have the opportunity to pick up a nice used one....

There’s a person selling a HUO tmnt le and he wrapped it up in plastic saying original purchaser pulled out. I kinda chuckled thinking maybe hiding a issue?

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Pinballers are junkies and stern is the dealer. When your client base is hooked there no need to increase the quality of your product. In fact, might as well decrease the quality to increase the bottom line. The junkies will still buy it anyways.

I quit cold turkey. I am good now. Ain’t buying shit.

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure what you were smoking when you wrote this post, but please feel free to send some of it my way if you have any extra.

Yeah yeah my dispensary doesn’t have this strain.

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Keep up the good work guys! No ones buying Sterns!

I’m not. My distributor ghosted me. Have a JP premium with pooling and possibly it will chip, it’s just when. Manufactured in June. Avengers looks awesome, but I can’t buy it. Just what if it has issues? Well I already know the answer so there ya go. Congratulations to people that have no issues with any of their recent games from all manufacturers. You win.

1 week later
#6456 3 years ago

Man all these defects for 7k plus. It’s best to just stay clear of nib for a long time. Let others deal with it, buy a used one look it over really good.

1 week later
#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh yes. I agree with that. About 4 months ago in this thread I said the very same thing about jjp playfield quality being now fixed. But on the stern side, chipping and pooling is still very much happening to this day.

The bad printing on the tmnt games is such a screw up. Now they are giving unpopulated playfields for them.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

A:IQ Pro, day two on location:
[quoted image]
Dimpling doesn't seem to be as deep as JP, though. More what I would typically expect and way less noticable:
[quoted image]

Lmao. Got to buy that LE though then defend my purchase. What will it take for people? Just got too much money to spend on a hobby. Quality continues to decline. The Tmnt playfield art printing and all the issues with premium/le just another example.

2 weeks later
#6585 3 years ago

Been two months no word from Stern on my JP Premium

This is what’s about to happen on my JP premium.

#6588 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, on my brand new (zero balls played) Iron Maiden which has a manufacturing date of Sept 30th 2020, there's a few spots where over-tightened guide rails blistered/pooled the art just like that AIQ. They needed to cut the art back around guides just like they did posts. Are you listening Stern???
What are people doing to stop this around guides? You could put a small washer under the mounting points, but if the washer extends into the playfield art, it seems it will just blister/pool around that washer.

Going on year two to three now with Stern not being able to fix this situation.

1 week later
#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

We're going to be talking about this issue tonight on "Bro, Do You Even Talk Pinball?" podcast, 8pm EDT, twitch.tv/buffalopinball
This has been a long time coming. I was set to talk about it in February when I had an issue with my Deadpool, but waited to see what Stern would do, and also so that they wouldn't retaliate against me for discussing it on our platform. I have 10 years of NIB issues to detail. Seeing this problem continue is incredibly frustrating and my goal is to elevate it to help protect new buyers and maybe, just maybe get them to actually solve the issue, rather than continuing as business as usual.
Expect a healthy dose of cursing.

Good job. Look forward to it. My JP premium built June 2020 has pooling. Might chip soon in two spots. No word from Stern.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm a customer of both companies and won't personally purchase a machine from either company until they fix the issue for good. I'm happy to state that on the podcast.
I like both companies. I want to purchase more games. My goal is to advocate for the consumer. Sponsorship or no sponsorship.
I'm also happy to have a rep from either company come on a future podcast to discuss the issues and how they intend to address them.

Could not have been said better dude. No nib games for me and I have the cash next month to buy if I wanted. No real feeling of consumer confidence.

#6850 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Looking to buy a JP pro right now, but I am weighing waiting for a used one or going NIB. The prices are not that far apart between the two right now, and at least with one...you know what you are getting. But of course, when I am ready to buy...none are listed locally.

You can buy my JP premium at a fair price. Free pooling at ball guides for ya. Don’t call me after it chips.

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Two things: first, it did get worse as you can see more chipping around the top hole. Secondly, the angle you're using cannot properly see the issue in the clear. It is pathetic that we have to try to slow this process down at all. :/

You shouldn’t have to take apart a new 10k game to slow any issues down, but this will continue.

#6875 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I think Stern and JJP need to call Haggis !

Haggis 2020.

#6987 3 years ago

So.....you won the lottery a few times. Good.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Stern MAY have this almost under control
AIQ buyers issues (myself included) seem to be isolated to ballguides being torqued into the PF buy an air gun on a hexnut under the PF. A few of us loosed a couple areas of concern and lifted the guides using a small fiber washer.
Many of us agree the JP premiums/TMNT/AIQs playfields are off good quality so far. Dimples are extremely minor, if the wood was junk that may not be the case. Posts look fine.
So if you don’t have a chipped shooter lane, torqued guides, you should be good. There are signs Stern is trying to get this under control. Cabinets are more robust, coil stops seem to be improved-overall, including the playfield the games are evolving slightly (can’t say “improved” because some of the mechs are still faulty)

Not true. My JP premium has pooling at ball guides. Built June 2020.

#7079 3 years ago
#7092 3 years ago

Bottom line, chipping like this by posts is totally unacceptable.
We put up with a lot of QC issues in pinball, but other than a new playfield, not a lot you can do.
I won't be a GNR buyer until I see evidence that they have solved the issue.
Also won't buy NIB Stern either as if you are unlucky on the lucky dip and get a ribbed playfield, nothing you can do except suck it up.

That’s all Stern wants. Suck it up and buy the next release.

#7107 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That is the exact place that mine is damaged. My replacement populated playfield. It is gorgeous everywhere else, but that rail is dug into the the playfield. Took 14 months to get the replacement. If they would pay careful attention to the known problem spots, this could be avoided.

Mine JP premium is the same. No word from Stern. Got ghosted on this one.

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nobody bought one, so nobody knows! JK, I know at least one was sold to Tilt studios in Az.

Lol! Good theme just didn’t really do anything for me.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

127 plays and it's already down to wood. Tried to glue but to brittle. Painted it black and clear coated it. Same thing around Thor. There is no "Stern Lottery", only "Stern Inevitably".
[quoted image]

I am so scared to take my ball guides off my JP premium. Probably looks just like that. F@ck nib
My consumer confidence is f$cking gone.

WhoDey would agree!

#7172 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Mirco will bury JJP. They need to get someone else fast.

Who Dey would approve this message. This is not good for them. I was possibly going to buy my first JJP, but I wanted an LE. If my game started chipping or peeling away at the slings like that I’d be very unhappy then beat myself up for spending money on it. I don’t want these guys to fail. Same goes for Stern. The lack of customer support for these issues blows my mind. I am calling my distributor today about Sterns silence on my JP. Hell you can’t even call Stern tech support anymore which is BS. Has nothing to do with covid19 lol. Probably too many will call about their playfields so they shut it down.

#7203 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I have a chip in the same area down to wood. Also both guides for Thor. One is chipped on the inside just partially visible in the photo most of the paint fleck I found there must be under the guide itself, another bubbled on outside guide, which I wonder if it the paint will chip right off when I go to raise that guide some..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great now that’s quality. They resolved the issues. Face palm.

#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Me too. I finally have disposable income to spend on these games. My first NIB purchase was Wonka. And it'll be my last. I'll never buy a NIB pin again, ever.
I have moved on to Golden Tee equipment now.

Golden Tee for the win!

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Playfield chip down to wood[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Shameful

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern still has playfield issues with metal guides digging to playfields that results in chipping. That never used to happen.
Another...
[quoted image]

Nothing to see here or worry about. Get in line for the next LE

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

and the price increase

Price increase. Definitely. Adding washers at ball guides an easy 100 in parts and labor.

1 week later
#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Took me 9 months for jp, unpopulated replacement was just as bad as the defective one in the game, so i just took my loss and sold it, havent bought a new stern since, customer service and communication is the worst.

I’ve heard nothing on my JP been months. No new Sterns for me or JJP.

1 week later
#7339 3 years ago

I can’t wait to see Stern LED Zeppelins playfield issues next month in this thread. Waiting patiently.

3 weeks later
#7448 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

No bubbles anymore on my JP innerloop.
I got lucky, I got one with a hard playfield.
The dimples are small after 4 thousand balls played. I made a plastic rim in the innerloop that presses the bubble down and makes shure the metal isn't eating my playfield anymore.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s sad we as customers have to do this.

#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks again for the info! I hope stern and JJP press their current vendors to adopt this process or pay a tad more to ensure that their direct print playfields are this type of quality. It will most likely save them tons of money on warranty expenses, offsetting the additional cost.

They already are saving tons of money on warranties, they don’t address them.

1 week later
#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You seem to want attention at the weirdest times. :/

He’s been here all day. Sad.

3 weeks later
#7824 3 years ago

I finally got my word on my JP premium. An unpopulated playfield.

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

sucks ... not sure what i would even do with one
nobody is doing a swap
no buyer cares you have a spare
sad

Exactly. Out of the nib purchasing forever. Long run I’ll save more now. Short run I got slapped.

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Give it another 18 months and I bet that playfield looks smooth as glass after those dimples flatten out.

2 weeks later
#7992 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

He'll get jack shit, which is even less than I got for the same problem.
DO NOT BUY NIB PINS

I never will again.

1 month later
#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. I mean I got a replacement playfield so I'm sort of happy about it but I also was very frustrated by the process and Stern's support was not helpful. They told me they'd send it in mid October, and then when they missed that date, they would just ignore me when I asked when I could expect it. My distributor was completely useless. I think distributors are outdated and just seem to be another point of failure in the process.

They keep telling me my JP replacement playfield is on back order. Sigh. Been like 8 months.

1 week later
#8377 2 years ago

JJP vs Stern hmmmm. I am still waiting on a Jurassic playfield 9 months now. Is that better than JJP. Curious.

#8408 2 years ago

I will camp out here and wait to see how Mandolorian playfields do.

#8425 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey Spartacus, you be you.

Don't be a simp for JJP or any company.

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you choose to do that, that is fine.
Some of us choose to enjoy the hobby and enjoy what is coming out. We also choose to work out something that works for us and keeps us happy in the hobby.
Life is good and we are lucky to be making these choices.

Life was good in pinball until my Jurassic Park premium started having playfield issues. Still waiting in a new replacement 8 months later after promised.

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Better than being told none at all, i heard jp is on the line so that should mean there’s playfields available

I will hit up Stern and my distributor now.

#8469 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Dang. You're still waiting?

Yes still.

#8504 2 years ago

My John Deere lawn tractor blew some smoke after mowing yard last night. It’s brand new with 5 hrs on it.
I paid 2600 bucks for it. The dealer is coming to look at it at my house and fix/diagnose the issue. If the have to take it then it’ll be a few days before returning. Now that’s a warranty. My wife was laughing because it’s taken Stern 8 months now to get my replacement playfield for Jurassic and that cost 7500. What a joke these pinball manufacturers are. They have the best customers though. Pay through the roof for a non existing warranty and sub par service. Distributors just lay back and take the cash and say sorry. I am glad I finally learned to just buy second hand and only rotate a game in my four game collection every other year.

#8532 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Would the dealer come to your house to look at a paint scratch or some kind of blemish? Would they take the tractor away, strip it down, fully repaint it, reassemble, and deliver it back for free? That would be the better analogy.

There’d be no need for any analogy if they made a quality product they stand behind.

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

If the JJP PF issues weren’t so tragically true, your Stern joke might be funny.

Stern has ruined my life and joy of nib pinball.

#8611 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow way to start the weekend on a high note!

#8612 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

<blockquote

You’re probably a lot of fun at parties.

I guess nobody saw my want ad. Lol. Have a great weekend.

#8654 2 years ago

Any Mando playfield issues yet?

#8774 2 years ago

Patiently waiting for Mandolorian playfield issues.

#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Hopefully, you’re going to be waiting a very long time, as Stern has seemed to fix them. We’ll see soon. Last 3 games no real isssues.

Tmnt had issues.

#8796 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

TMNT issues were fuzzy printing on some first Pros, which Stern replaced all PFs with those issues. TMNT did not have cracking, pooling, chipping, like JJPs last four titles, with more expected on Toy Story, unless they change JJP printing artwork techniques and post hole engineering.

Tmnt did have some pooling on a few LEs and pros. Pics are in the thread.

#8819 2 years ago

Now the left ramp on Mandolorian is breaking already on some games. Thinner plastic. See Mando thread. More money for cheaper builds. So glad I am done with nib.

#8848 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Unfortunately joined the ranks of the GnR playfield problems. LE April built, <200 games, came installed with the 'fix' of the metal washers which just made the pooling start further out from the post. Slightly cracked and lifted artwork starting to show near the backstage post. I also have a washer overtorqued that I was just told by JJP is normal because of the location? Would like input on this as it feels like bs. They offered to ship me more freaking washers. No empathy, no apology, hey we are trying to make it right, nothing. Is anyone tracking the serials, issues, JJPs responses to claims? etc?

That blows. I’ll never buy a JJP after seeing these outcomes.

1 week later
#8927 2 years ago

Mandolorian pro from Gusphan chipping at ball guide. My friends is doing the same thing but worse.

#8937 2 years ago

JY64 where are you? Missing from pinside since January 16th.

#8945 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Apparently Deadpool, TMNT, A:IQ, and now Mando hasn't been enough times to figure out it's a problem.
Maybe they're thinking they solved it with how the guides are inserted and the washers aren't needed anymore? I don't get it, avoiding a handfull of replacement PFs is more than going to offset the parts and labor costs of always putting washers under rail inserts. Or better yet, bake them into the rails so it's really easy for the assembly line.

mando’s are already chipping. Broken ramps on the left on several games and plenty more to follow. Ramp diverter is breaking too.

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

They are??? How/where?

In the thread for Mandolorian.

#8952 2 years ago
Quoted from RCIV:

Did you have a conversation with Stern about it and have they offered a solution?

Not my game. My friend contacted Stern. Waiting to hear.

1 year later
#9071 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Will be interesting to hear how they deal with it .

Deal with it? I got ghosted by Stern. Promised a new JP premium playfield. Two years now. Great company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.