Topic Stats

• 2,666 posts
  • 361 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 311 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
DAA46D17-AE44-4183-BF0E-4F9767AF5FAE (resized).jpeg
49034223-F435-4882-9980-BE445297ACB0 (resized).jpeg
59284194583__8E45E493-CC92-4645-BEF4-B9622AEB4433 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).png
20191011_124130.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5188226D-D073-4C10-86EE-CF925433A9C9 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
dollar.gif
Unknown (resized).png
9CD37D0F-1A9B-4C22-8FFD-18FA3D9A5C12 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 55 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey everyone, heading out Saturday to pick up my JP, anything I should be looking out for?

No and congrats on picking up a DE JP!

#209 54 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Damn, should a guy cancel and wait.

As a supporter of JJP and Stern I would wait. At this point neither Jack or Stern has come out with a viable solution is poor customer service. I just don't get how these games that are new and under warranty the solution is a washer kit or a new pf at 550$, in JJP's case.

Quoted from aingide:

Does the washer make it worse??

Quoted from AUKraut:

Theoretically the washer should help, as it increases the contact area and spreads out the downward pressure, lessening it onto any given point. Apparently it's not enough though.....

Few folks have posted that they installed the washers to only have the wrinkling still occur.

1 week later
#908 41 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not trying to be a smartass but you guys wont feel like you were made whole when you have to pay someone 2 grand to so a playfield swap for you. Still isn't an acceptable resolution by Jack in my opinion.

2 grand? WOW I was under charging!

#929 41 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe, how much do you charge?

#948 41 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In a lot of ways the newer pfs can be easier. More modular, better harnesses, no need to rebuild mechs, drop targets, etc. there is more on modern games... but they are built different and if the mech holes are setup correctly it would go pretty quickly.

Agree, I found Medusa to tougher then most newer games. But for a game like BOPP or KISS I will charge less as they're less difficult.

Back on topic ...... I keep seeing people saying "kudos to Jack".......did I miss something here? Has Jack come out and discussed this topic yet or are people still referencing the fact that he offered new playfields for $500???

#950 41 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Go back in this thread and read. Start at post #896 from about 1pm yesterday.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Thanks, I completely missed it

#1171 37 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thats what the want you to do, hence the delay...

Agree with Cosmo here. I've been waiting on Stern for 3 months now for something else and anytime I call in I get "let me look into it and get back to you". Call week later and get "oh yeah, let me look into it for you and get back to you"

1 week later
#1488 29 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

If anyone who has reported these issues to Stern in recent weeks gets anything other than radio silence (like I have) please share it here.

Stern broke radio silence with leaking the Elvira game .... they figured what better way to stop the playfield talks then a new game and people are lining up for it!

#1491 29 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You guys are assuming that the Stern leak was intentional?
If it was, then why wouldn’t they just announce the next game?
I don’t follow your logic. Seems like a case of assuming the worst, without having any real information.

actually my post was more sarcastic then anything else. I am not one that has insider info or anything else like a lot of people claim. The fact that they have a trailer for the machine points more to a leak not being the case.

As someone that is looking to add BM66, IM, Munsters and maybe Black Knight I am just taken back by the lack of ownership Stern takes with the pf issues. With Sterns current stance I am looking for my next pin to be Wonka or GnR as if I have issues I know Jack will back it up. Might take a little time, understandably, but he has proven to me that he will take care of his customers.

#1492 29 days ago

dup

#1500 29 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well it’s great to hear the JJP is fixing their issues. Last I heard, they were charging $500 for an unpopulated playfield as the “fix”. Not sure what else they can afford to do but this doesn’t seem like a solution that I’d be pleased with, personally.
For Stern, fingers are crossed they’ve got this figured out and put behind them. Curious to hear if/how they’ll help any buyers who have issues.
Sucks for everybody, no exceptions.

From what I read JJP originally offered new pf for 550$ and then changed it to free pf. People that had already paid the 550$ were contacted and given refunds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside