Topic Stats

• 3,151 posts
  • 400 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Pachill
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PB060048 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191113_005534.jpg
IMG_20191113_005516.jpg
IMG_20191113_005501.jpg
A9B9EFA4-D492-4687-BC00-4F9941A21CC6 (resized).png
IMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
20191104_094400 (resized).jpg
IM1 (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
IMAG4130 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191105-090819 (resized).jpg
7251FC68-3BA0-498E-A517-44138D553047 (resized).png
sling post (resized).JPG
24E28045-2F31-4BA8-B740-F4ABADC2E253 (resized).jpeg
C46C1715-247E-4118-8680-090B31335FC8 (resized).jpeg
9D4E9D32-614F-454E-AFFA-C3E888BC5E92 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 87 days ago

they obviously know about it due to the washers, the question is will they take care of affected buyers, or just say its normal like ghosting?

Damn, should a guy cancel and wait...

#320 84 days ago

I wonder what percentage of Stern playfields are affected

#369 83 days ago

chipping/wear in 3 to 5 years is understandable - 3 to days is unacceptable

You'd think that Stern could see the bulging around the posts a few days after assembling at the factory. Affected playfields should never go out the door.

Or do a hardness check on the clear before assembly or something.

#393 83 days ago

I do think they should consider slowing the lines down until the issue is resolved, the next manufacturer to ship out diseased playfields will be doing some serious brand damage with us pinheads.

Stern/JJP are making some amazing games right now, we want to support you but #FIXTHECLEAR!

#418 83 days ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
This is Leon and Peter from Buthamburg.
We are chimming in here because we were mentioned in a post a page back.
Yes, we have had a ghosting problem with 8 Terminator 2 Playfields.
The paint shop got mixed up while applying primer. 8 boards were missed.
On these 8 boards the clear coat could not hold to the plastic inserts.
Because of this playfield clear coating problem going arround we have decided to test
our clear coat and paints to an extreme. 1 Small stripe of blue art didnt hold up, but
under these extreme cercumstances its nothing. The parts flying arround while hammering,
that is hardend glue sticking to the hammer, not clear coat.
Here we are showing an extreme Test. We are fastening a Star Post way over its limit, so tight that it compressis the first wood funier. No chipping on clear coat. We have decided to show how strong a clear coat can be. Enjoy the distruction.....
https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/2830057340466872/
That was not enough yet, lets cut up the clear coat and give it a good pull.
Then I think we should try and hammer the hell out of it, let see what happens. We are going to clean our hammer, its full of glue from gluing inserts. I guess we are going to see dimpling now.
https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/369100100673747/
The pictures below are showing what is the left over of the Star Post. The second picture is showing the insert and the clear coat after the hammer attack. No sign of Ghosting, the insert is cracked in serveral places. Bad Hammer dimplings in the wood, no clear coat chipping.
Regards from Hamburg
Leon and Peter[quoted image][quoted image]

Wish you guys made Sterns playfields..

#756 77 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think when other areas start showing is when shit is really gonna hit the fan.

Did you see post 727, looks gross!

#956 73 days ago

They should give guys the option A) replace with populated playfield for those who want a mint game B) send a spare playfield, so those who just want to sell that playfield can re-coup the loss in resale value.

Expecting guys to swap the playfield out isnt really acceptable.

1 week later
#1475 62 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

We know that Stern has removed the art under posts on newly built Jurassic Parks, but does anybody know if they've also done this in areas under ball guides?
We've seen the art and clear blistering/bunching/pooling/chipping under ball guides as well as posts, so I'm just wondering if they addressed the ball guide issue. My AC/DC Luci VE has blistering under a few posts as well as 2 ball guides (that I can see), so I'd like to know if they've tried to correct the issue with both posts and guides.

Don't assume that the pros are fixed yet - I got mine last week apparently fresh stock, with art under posts, and pretty much every post has at least some lifting around it.

Contacted my distributor, we'll see what Stern does.

#1476 62 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

There is a pic in the thread that shows all posts, even under the ball guides, now have no artwork under them. Just check thru the topic gallery.

On mine the ball guide has much worse lifting than around the posts, most have rings, but the ball guide has a rather large blob lifting (on both sides of the guide)

1.jpg

#1479 62 days ago

I'll take a look tonight

1 week later
#2021 53 days ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was just offered a bottle of clear coat repair for my pooling ‍♀️ Not sure how that will even remotely help. Sad!

Yea what game, thats BS

4 weeks later
#2727 24 days ago

Havent heard a thing about my playfield issues, dont be so sure stern will take care of you..

#2738 23 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, been 2 months
I also want to buy a JP and plan to buy many more games down the road but if they dont even have the courtesy to get back to me, a guy that has already bought seven NIB games from them then I will never buy NIB again.

Yup, me to, was going to buy a deadpool, but its looking like I'm done with NIB sterns.

2 weeks later
#2982 8 days ago

Even if they do fix the issue, I would wait and see how they take care of customers with earlier games with issues before purchasing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside