Topic Stats

• 4,379 posts - Hot topic!
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by BobC
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 450 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13974E80-CC39-4A64-9E07-FEBEA2011DF8 (resized).jpeg
7F42C1F7-D3FB-4D15-9E9B-C9B3A9DF7E9D (resized).jpeg
734BA04A-28C6-4EF4-81AD-16AEDB376292 (resized).jpeg
20200125_090027 (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_9591.JPG
IMG_9589.JPG
1_T8tGc8RTgUbbr8VB2ClNag (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
dd441f3f7ee5ff9587bf4a42d82dc9ca58987e81 (resized).jpg
always_vid (resized).png
giphy.gif
20200115_211217 (resized).jpg
383044c3a468199f787e6b0bccc3c04066231836 (resized).jpg
0D776AF8-3029-4736-938E-3671FD4402FE (resized).jpeg
intro-1539346187 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#752 4 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

For a long time I thought "wow, this is a horrible time for deeproot to enter the market", wow their fortunes have changed!

Why do you think this? Because a company that has never manufactured a pinball machine before is going to have no quality issues?

#872 4 months ago

Munsters has no artwork under the sling posts. Has anyone seen a Munsters with pooling in that area?

1 week later
#1313 4 months ago

I have not heard of Stern sending blank playfields to resolve a playfield issue, only populated ones. With Ghostbusters, it took a long time for them to get the playfield swap program in place and start sending them out. Perhaps it will take some time to get this ramped up, but I am confident Stern will take care of many customers. I am sure some will still not be happy, because in the past they have swapped the bad ones (crossing some sort of threshold) and not swapped some they deem to be minor.

#1325 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In the case of clear pooling / chipping I can see Stern sending out populated playfields for severe chipping but not for pooling since it seems to exist in some capacity on a large number of Stern pins over multiple titles made within the past several years.

I agree with this. It will probably be for chipping or severe pooling. Minor pooling that requires a camera at full zoom where you see dust specs will probably not be swapped.

2 weeks later
#2129 4 months ago

Before Stern swapped out my Ghostbusters PF they sent me a bottle of clear. That won't be the final resolution for those with a truly bad playfield. The frenzy on here, while understandable to a certain extent, is also quite over the top. Give Stern a chance to make it right. Can't speak for JJP as I have not been a customer, but I have not seen an example of a populated playfield replacement from them.

#2137 4 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, thankfully they made an announcement ackowledging the PF problems, helping give consumers and customers the assurance they need that the problem has been identified, that they understand it's a problem to address, and that they're hard at work fixing it to regain the community's confidence.
And they did it without a single word:
[quoted image]
Wonder if they can hire Cliffy to start making apron-long cliffies for artwork that tears off the PF. I'm sure they'll make an announcement ANY second......!

Stern has replaced Ghostbusters, Spider-Man Vault, Star Wars, Metalica, Iron Maiden, Beatles (just that I personally know of) games with populated playfields. Zero announcements. These are dealt with on a case by case individual basis.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#2753 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've heard crickets as well. Not even an email to tell me I've been denied service...

I would follow up once every week or two.

#2763 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Buddy got a new JP...2 bad coil stops and an insert sunk in about 1/16", which effects gameplay. Hopefully Stern takes care of his PF for him.[quoted image]

That playfield should have never left the factory. Stern will take care of him but it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

1 month later
#3233 50 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I don't know why they are no longer answering emails. I have even called, leaving messages with no return phone call.

Call them during business hours. Usually someone answers. Don't leave voice mails or emails. As someone mentioned earlier, they are old school and are not super responsive with electronic communication.

2 weeks later
#3395 34 days ago

I know we have one person that has reported issues with the new Stern playfields with no artwork around the posts. Not a large sample size considering how many games are shipping. Have there been others?

#3433 32 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And one of these vendors is obviously Micro.

Incorrect. Micro has said over and over he has never supplied Stern.

#3442 32 days ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Trying to set the record straight...
Mirco does not make Stern playfields. Mirco makes for his own repro business and JJP.
Stern makes their boards in house now, and installs the inserts, and sands the boards. I am not sure if they perform the seal coat, but I think they send them to an automotive coater in Crystal Lake, IL, who seals them, then they are sent to Rockford Silk Screen Process for digital printing,and then to the same clearcoater. Not sure, if they still use them for playfields too, but Stern once used The Fun Company in New Lisbon, WI. I know they were, maybe still are, making the wood cabinets for Stern, and possibly playfields.
American Pinball once used Mirco for the beginning of Houdini, but switched to Bader in Scales Mound, IL and then they are sent to Signcraft Screenprint in Galena, IL.
Charlie at Spooky once worked for Signcraft. Charlie gained knowledge in digitally printing playfields, etc... and has a JV with Tim Lutz at Lutz Mfg, in Benton, Wi, which is where he gets his playfields.
That is all!

Thanks. Good to have someone with actual knowledge chime in vs the folks talking out of their ass.

#3457 31 days ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

they "fixed" it on elvira by making the clearcoat super thin and getting rid of all the artwork under the posts.
in exchange you get a playfield dimpled like the surface of the moon after about 3-4 weeks.
but hey, according to stern it'll "even out" after a while so all should be good now!

I notice the dimples much more with the thicker Stern clear vs the thinner. Either way, dimples happen on every pinball so that doesn't concern me. Artwork chipping away does.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside