Topic Stats

• 3,104 posts - Hot topic!
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by finman2000
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 337 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A9B9EFA4-D492-4687-BC00-4F9941A21CC6 (resized).png
IMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
20191104_094400 (resized).jpg
IM1 (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
IMAG4130 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191105-090819 (resized).jpg
7251FC68-3BA0-498E-A517-44138D553047 (resized).png
sling post (resized).JPG
24E28045-2F31-4BA8-B740-F4ABADC2E253 (resized).jpeg
C46C1715-247E-4118-8680-090B31335FC8 (resized).jpeg
9D4E9D32-614F-454E-AFFA-C3E888BC5E92 (resized).jpeg
20191029_152931 (resized).jpg
20191029_152950 (resized).jpg
20191029_153008 (resized).jpg
20191029_152939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#997 66 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A defect is a defect no matter how large or how small and new products are supposed to be free from defects. Chipping and pooling is also not normal or acceptable on a new pinball playfield.

A new product should not have defects, but I don't agree that the size or type of defect doesn't matter.

I don't remember Stern giving people new playfields for the LOTRs that had slight registration issues, nor should they have IMO.

I reported two issues on my WOZ, back in 2013. It had a scratch on the backglass and the back upper edge of the lower cabinet was shredded, like it had been cut by a dull saw. JJP sent me a replacement backglass. The cabinet I felt was minor since it couldn't be seen from the front, so I didn't ask for anything.

I've also seen varying degrees of graining on the playfields from multiple manufacturers. Doesn't look great but doesn't make the playfield wear any faster. Again, manufacturers will not send you a new playfield, nor should they IMO.

I think things like pooling and ghosting that can lead to more extensive damage do warrant a new playfield.

1 week later
#1504 54 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Thats one seriously ruined playfield

Yeah, I thought DPs were supposed to be good, darn.

#1556 54 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's why the art change is only a quick and dirty attempt.. it doesn't address the problem anywhere else things are putting pressure on the topcoat.

The solution is simple, just put clear channels under anything that is putting pressure on the playfield.

#1681 52 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like a brand new game.

Any progress yet with your playfield issues?

#1714 51 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

27 plays in[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see those washers protecting the playfield.

#2019 46 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If it is true Stern is now saying playfields arent covered by their warranty, it is a huge red flag.

Stern warranty from the Dead Pool manual. No mention of playfield imperfections so that's up to their discretion or lawsuit as others have mentioned.
I think the warranties from other manufacturers are similar.

STERN PINBALL INC LIMITED WARRANTY
Stern Pinball Inc ('SELLER') warrants only to the initial purchaser of its products that the items listed below are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the warranty period specified:

• Printed circuit boards (game logic): 2 months
• Dot Matrix / LCD Display: 9 months

No other parts of seller's product are warranted. Warranty periods are effective from the initial date of shipment from seller to its authorized distributors.Seller's sole liability shall be, at its option, to repair or replace products which are returned to seller during the warranty periods specified, provided:

1.Seller is notified promptly upon discovery by purchaser that stated products are defective.
2.Such products are properly packaged and then returned freight prepaid, to seller's plant.

This warranty does not apply to any parts damaged during shipment and/or due to improper handling, or due to improper installation or usage, or alteration. In no event shall the seller be liable for any anticipated profits, loss of profits, loss of use, accidental or consequential damages, or any other losses incurred by the customer in connection with the purchase of a Stern Pinball Inc
Product.

WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
Except as specifically provided in a written contract between seller and purchaser, there are no other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Game Service Manual and all other documents relating to this product, playfield components, features, rules, programming, and operation are subject to change without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through official Stern Pinball website).

ATTENTION! IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION
The electronics system, node network architecture,mechanical devices and associated software control systems in this pinball machine are designed to work with genuine Stern Pinball accessories and devices.Installation of non-authorized accessories, lamps,LED's, motors or other devices or modification of electro-mechanical devices may damage the system and will void your warranty.

1 month later
#3047 22 hours ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont mind being patient at all. Heck if they told me that it would be a year or longer I wouldnt even care as my situation doesnt require immediate attention, but I just want to hear something besides crickets. It's very disrespectful of them to not even acknowledge a customers issues. I just want to get my defective playfield replaced and unfortunately for Stern the only way I'm going to be happy is with a populated playfield and not a unpopulated one.

You've been one of Stern's most vocal supporters and responder to those who criticize them, as well as buying a bunch of their games.

IMO, if they're being selective about who gets taken care of, it's very short sighted of them not to take care of you, and in a timely manner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside