Topic Stats

• 4,149 posts - Hot topic!
  • 462 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 443 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1_T8tGc8RTgUbbr8VB2ClNag (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200121_235955~01 (resized).jpg
dd441f3f7ee5ff9587bf4a42d82dc9ca58987e81 (resized).jpg
always_vid (resized).png
giphy.gif
20200115_211217 (resized).jpg
383044c3a468199f787e6b0bccc3c04066231836 (resized).jpg
0D776AF8-3029-4736-938E-3671FD4402FE (resized).jpeg
intro-1539346187 (resized).jpg
bars (resized).png
505E7BA4-938B-4755-BBCB-33A22B609EDF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Spooky-RZ (resized).jpg
playfield_steak (resized).jpg
487f26e0229bdf56df693475d9339da530a7f010 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp1985.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t think there’s any truth to JJP playfields being made in China
I don’t know who Microplayfields is but pretty sure all JJP’s are Mirco playfields

Maybe Homepin is making them!

#178 5 months ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

One week old JP on location in NYC.[quoted image]

Wow this is sad. If this is going to impact thousands of machines produced by the two major manufacturers it could be bad news for the industry.

#224 5 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seriously need to change the trend of calling it ‘pooling’, it didn’t flow anywhere. Wrinkling is more apt. Or bunching, even. Calling it pooling gives a misleading impression of what’s actually happening.

Wrinkled Willy & The Defective Playfield Factory

#274 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow I thought I read a comment from Mirco that they haven't made playfields for Stern? Not sure how old that post is. Maybe the problem is the choice of clear being used between multiple playfield manufacturers?

Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I have never run any stern playfields. Whoever thinks he knows better is lying.
Mirco

#538 4 months ago

I can’t believe both companies have said nothing. This is like when the Dominican Republic said “nothing to see here folks, keep the tourism dollars coming!”

#623 4 months ago

If they don't end up offering PF replacements, I think we should crowdfund to have someone throw their Stern or Wonka off a roof.

#891 4 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm trying to find the humor in your post. Really, I am.

This seems like an attempt to get this thread locked based on politics.

#1034 4 months ago

I think it would go a long way if JJP fully records a PF swap with detailed pictures, video and step by step directions so that people have an easier time.

#1037 4 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The issue most people will have is not the actual process of moving components from playfield A to playfield B...it will be the prep work (drilling, removing clear from hole locations, resealing) that will be the most daunting. This is where most "incidents" would occur, such as chipping/cracking of the clear.
That being said I guess I just shot down my own statement that 20 hours is enough time...add another 4 hours for new playfield prep.

Oh jeez I figured they would at least send it drilled.

1 week later
#1442 4 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That playfield is gorgeous[quoted image]

A true world under glass.

#1489 4 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Stern broke radio silence with leaking the Elvira game .... they figured what better way to stop the playfield talks then a new game and people are lining up for it!

It’s insulting really.

1 week later
#2117 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

LOL, this is a joke right?

I would find a jar of lube more appropriate.

1 week later
#2321 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pretty shitty customer service when an issue goes unanswered for months....zero chance I would do business with a company who doesn't care about its customers. All they need to do is communicate that they are still working on a resolution, but no communication is bad business.

Anyone taking bets on how many titles they release before the first person receives an adequate solution?

2 months later
#3424 28 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

In the spirit of "Hell with QC issues, I bought this instead", I pick this up next week.
How many LEs would this have been: I think 4 NIBs.
Oh well, too bad for you Stern, JJP, and anyone else pawning your half-baked crap on us with ever-increasing prices:

Awesome, have fun!!!

3 weeks later
#3949 3 days ago

The easiest way to stop cheating would have to be timestamped and game id stamped camera footage available via cloud to verify any games in question. Of course any sensor (like pitch) could be altered to show different readings.

#3952 3 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If that’s the “easiest” it ain’t happening.

I agree. I don’t think anyone wants an increased price point.

The only way I could see it working is that the scoring related devices would be a swappable kit that had the ability to be moved from machine to machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp1985.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside