IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3152 4 years ago

hope the PF issues get sorted soon

1 week later
#3220 4 years ago

I'm getting the impression that some people seem to be fine with getting a game that still obviously has a sticker/decal rather than a screenprinted pf as long as there's no problem around the posts ie they have now put a border around posts. It's still a sticker and will stuff up.... Just will take a bit longer.... when warranty is up.

2 weeks later
#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Don't get in too big of a hurry...I know people who had their populated playfield swap approved months ago and nothing is happening.

Like the gb playfields they eventually show up... Just play the guts out of the game until it arrives. Who cares if it takes a bit of time.

3 weeks later
#3925 4 years ago

Golden tee and dimpling... several pages of garbage. I don't and never will consider dimpling a playfield issue. My bksor le has around 200 games on it... There are dimples.. as expected likewise with my other older titles. I'll drop back in when this thread gets back on track re actual pf issues. It has been extremely helpful thread for many community members pre dimpling discussion. When people start to complain about the (age old) minor stuff the real issues get lost. Various degrees of dimpling has been around since the beginning of time

Golden tee is cool btw but why are we reading about it here.

1 week later
#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Dimpling happens. This is not an "issue" and people need to stop pretending it is. The clear coat problem was an issue, but has been reported to have been fixed since JP Premium run. I'd guess the poster's Maiden was made before the resolution and was sitting at Stern or in their distributors stock.

Just skip past those posts like I do.its a shame as this a very informative thread when people post about "real" issues. Dimpling is normal be it smaller or larger.... but some folks still can't quite digest that concept.

6 months later
#6083 3 years ago

I dont like using the word but this thread is nothing short of toxic.... a lot of consumer complaints and a lot of product issues, neither of which will be going away any time soon.

Usually this thread to me is like a car crash... i can't help but have a look but I'm over it. It achieves nothing and only makes you feel like shit about your recent purchase and being in the hobby, or at best leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

So a realisation... eff this thread. Im going to buy and enjoy my games. I'm not going to seek out every little imperfection on the game i buy. The reality is for me anyway that i could go back to another hobby like cars and waste a whole lot more money than on pinnies. At the end of the day they hold their value pretty well regardless. All hobbies cost money and have their issues. When you start to spend more time complaining than enjoying its probably a good sign to leave.

3 months later
#7239 3 years ago

Anyone purchasing a gnr getting a playfield protector? Or is getting one just part of fighting the good fight... but really not making a difference?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A Playfield protector would do nothing in regards to the current issue other then make the game play like crap also. The issue is at posts and rails which have nothing to do with a PP

Was thinking that. So a waste of a few hours and a lot of money.

1 month later
#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

And a couple more (credit goes to yoko2una).
Stern gives no fucks about making nice playfields anymore, they're putting the flaws right on the promo videos now. [quoted image][quoted image]

After seeing your effort with those close ups my advice would be to get yourself a life... and a new hobby. I don’t see a single issue worth complaining about in those close ups.

3 weeks later
#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The fact that you people are still purchasing NIB machines just boggles my mind.

Yet you own a wonka? A new game no less.

2 months later
#8035 3 years ago

Only a matter of time before chipping starts... on at least a dozen posts... including upper pf. some are worse and a few better than images shown. Build Jan 21... bout 100 plays. Some post areas have already chipped

I must say recent sterns I've bought are quite solid... much improved and about as good as you can get with playfields these days. Still average... but better.

JJp... you can eat a tip truck full of dicks. What's the point of having an awesome game if the playfield is crap.
20210319_211025 (resized).jpg20210319_211025 (resized).jpg20210319_211056 (resized).jpg20210319_211056 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8967 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did you use the balls provided from Stern? Because they’re pretty much garbage and should be replaced before game 1.

Stern balls are fine if you give them a good polish first. Aside from blings they are same quality grade as any other regular pinballs you purchase from pinball stores.

#8972 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You guys know there was a bad batch of balls about 1 to 2 years ago? Stern probably bought some of the bad balls. Unless they are sitting on a large supply of old balls it’s probably not an issue with new games now. I have the stock balls in my SW Pro that was made March 2021 and the balls are fine after 400 plays.

There was, about the same time as IM release. I would always buy blings etc before getting a new game... now I dont bother. I have stock balls in sw comic and led zep. A friend came over and thought I'd put blings in both. This idea that the stock balls are crap is all in people's heads so they go and spend another $30 on balls. That said I think blings or ninjas are of course on another level and if you don't have magnets in the game then its not a complete waste if you like em nice and shiny.

1 year later
#9125 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Here's a couple, nobody noticed this? Probably had 120 plays when it started still only 490 so depressing...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Eff me! You've zoomed in with a hd camera with the flash. And still I'm struggling to make out any significant ghosting. What is wrong with people in the hobby these days. Just looking for problems where there arnt any. If I were Stern I know the answer I'd be giving. So you have a nice Elvira and instead of playing the effing the thing and enjoying the game your taking the glass off and photo shooting the pf like its a crime scene. Hats off to you buddy, you really know how to enjoy pinball and what its all about.

FFS i had to zoom in on your zoom to see anything.

Its complaining like this thats pushing up prices and white noising any real complaints from buyers. I have a sopranos with more ghosting than what I see on your game. Been there for 10 yrs and hasn't been a problem. If this type of thing is a problem for you sell your game and go back to the other hobbies you were in before you found pinball.

#9127 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I bet you're fun at partys!

Apologies, I would have replied earlier but I was working out how to take my screen off 500% zoom from looking at your photos. Back to normal now got it

I rarely go to parties... too busy taking photos of my pinball machine playfields and complaining about them on pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.