IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4900 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My understanding is it is a contract game, like Supreme. A contract game is where a company contacts Stern, wants a pin made around their brand. Stern does so. The company that contracted the game then sells it at whatever price they want. I could contact them and have them make a pin about my socks. I'm sure they would as long as I ponied up the dough.

It’s a no lose for Stern, it’s certainly not aimed for the “pinside” buyer

4 months later
#5407 3 years ago

When are we going to start seeing discounted used prices from all these defective playfields? I’ll continue to wait patiently, cash in hand.

#5417 3 years ago

Who Dey has mastered the art of being a dick, lol

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

who-dey
a little recap for you

Your first post:
You ignored my second image showing the cratering from a players perspective, and just threw your opinion out there.

Your second post, ignoring the whole discussion, just claiming your opinion is the right one. Repeating physic lessons I heard here before so often.
Funny you also ignored my posting where I said that my DP-Pro with the same amount of games and same build date looks much better than my JP-Prem?

...You are just being nice:
ignoring my posts, cherry picking the stuff you dont like and shtting you opinion here telling me how I should think about stuff. Backing it up by generalizing it, as its everyones opinion. Now you say I have bad behavior- Calling me a noob and dick? Again backing up your opinion about me with other pinside members? good job.

Does DP Pro have anything that throws a ball onto the playfield like T Rex in JP? I haven’t played a DP pro, just asking.

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I never understood how people are afraid of the t-rex throwing balls around in the back of the PF where you dont see them anyway. I think thats no problem at all. In comparison to a fast orbit feed on DP, shooting on the fly, the ball goes high speed bouncing around, especially on DP (Katana-rama combo). I think multiballs are even worse. Also like branlon8 says, the bounce of the drop targets can be very intense.
I am not saying dimples are bad, but the amount and intensity obviously can be very different and at a certainl level they bother me because the game looks bad. Ball traveling is not a physical problem on my game, but I like glossy PFs and a nice sound of the ball rolling over it without those raised inserts and art. Protectors are not nice to play in my experience, but i can be wrong since technology gets better every day.

I’m not afraid of the T Rex causing dimples, lol, I was trying to get some context between the 2. My buddy has a JP premium and it gets played a lot. The playfield is still in beautiful condition.

2 weeks later
#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I've had a JP pro for two weeks. Dimples everywhere and clear so thin that you can feel raised inserts. It was built in February. Dimples and low clear is not enough to get a new PF, so I'm simply stuck, right?

Dimples will definitely not get you a new playfield

1 month later
#6405 3 years ago

Keep up the good work guys! No ones buying Sterns!

9 months later
#8608 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern has ruined my life and joy of nib pinball.

You’re probably a lot of fun at parties.

#8648 2 years ago

They’ve already offered the buyback to at least one SE owner

#8661 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why didn't take the offer? Seems like a no brainer to me...get your money back and pick one up second hand in a year and save a few bucks

Because once someone says they’ll take them up on the buyback, radio silence from JJP

3 weeks later
#8955 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

These are pictures from my recently purchase Elvira’s HOH. I noticed what appeared to be some small scratches near the middle of the playfield early on (10-15 plays in). It isnt as noticeable in darker light but yesterday in better light I took some pictures which I’m posting here (this game has about 60-70 plays so far).
Is this normal or a clear coat imperfection? I haven’t purchased many NIB games and not sure if this is me nitpicking or something I should be concerned about long term and report to my distributor and Stern. There appear to be small scratch trails from the middle area which you should be able to see if you enlarge the pictures a bit.
Any insight is appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you use the balls provided from Stern? Because they’re pretty much garbage and should be replaced before game 1.

1 year later
#9150 1 year ago

This hobby is getting stupid, people will cry about the smallest imperfections, yet you never see the same people selling at a discounted price because of it. So it doesn’t fucking matter. Enjoy and play the game. Ya know, like they’re meant to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybird815.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.