Topic Stats

• 3,257 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 114 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 347 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EC0CA520-8182-4324-99E0-3EFE63D4B697 (resized).jpeg
CCBD2D7A-1DA9-461C-98FA-1874C83E9F8A (resized).jpeg
t3 (resized).png
fgy (resized).png
E8A8ECF3-EC7E-41C4-BC2A-C631A0B12E0B (resized).jpeg
F9F9F40B-EBC7-496F-819C-BCC9C9C64EBD (resized).jpeg
PB060048 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191113_005534.jpg
IMG_20191113_005516.jpg
IMG_20191113_005501.jpg
A9B9EFA4-D492-4687-BC00-4F9941A21CC6 (resized).png
IMG_0362 (resized).jpeg
20191104_094400 (resized).jpg
IM1 (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
IMAG4130 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1605 82 days ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

I don’t understand why your putting yourself in the situation to begin with, if your worried cancel your pre order it’s a premium so there’s no rush or time limit to get one Stern typically produce titles for 2-3 years, cancel your pre order, sit back and wait until the issues are resolved worry free.

#1616 82 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good advice if you want a Premium; not so much if you are interested in an LE. I’ve never understood why LEs go first before production issues are worked out.

It applies even if you want an LE, I wanted a JPLE but as soon as I saw the pooling, chipping and soft clear I did the above and backed out, at £10k ($12500) I’d rather miss out on an LE than have a 10k pin that literally deteriorates as I play.

There’s really nothing special about Sterns LEs anymore, the only reason I wanted the JPLE was it was my favourite art package by a long shot (no real value over the premium) but I sure as hell ain’t missing not having one on order when it could be pile of mush out the box, I’ll happily wait worry free 10k richer and grab a premium down the road or a HUO LE with 50 plays on it and a hard playfield once the rich boys see the next new release and sell it on.

#1633 81 days ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No, not widespread at all Stern.
My IMDN LE has it, Musters LE and looks like my BK3 LE is starting to pool, will check my SW later.

That’s a good call! If it’s not widespread and only a very minor amount of effected playfields it should be fairly easy and quick for Stern to make those customers right, your move Stern!

#1652 81 days ago
Quoted from Manic:

It seems sometimes with washers you'll just get a bigger spread of CC. Then you really can't hide it. I'm waiting to see a joke pic of a post with a huge three inch metal washer on the bottom.[quoted image]

As soon as I saw the pictures of washers I knew it was a snap reaction, trying to spread out the surface area of the post by adding a larger washer was never going to fix this simply delay it and like you said above do nothing but make the clearcoat wrinkling spread out wider and the damaged area larger

#1657 81 days ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

With the obvious problems with the clear coat and art work de-laminating with pressure, what do you suppose the new Elvira is going to look like in short order with the right side VUK kicking the ball out to the middle of the PF? I have a hunch that the center of that PF is going to start peeling post haste. Then it will start chipping, and more peeling as the ball rolls over it.

It’s one of the reasons I can’t understand the thinking behind that VUK, our playfields are soft as shit, hell why don’t we make like a mini cannon and fire balls directly at it!? GENIUS!!

From the gameplay videos it also seems beyond pointless, name a game with standups down the side of the playfield that don’t get hammered directly off the flippers or off the slings/general gameplay? Shooting balls across the playfield into the trunk would have been ace or a wireform anything but a “crater maker”.

#1702 80 days ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Can someone post the picture of the washers making the pooling worse. I was going to put some on but rethinking it now.

Look about 10 posts up from your post above and you will see two examples of the pooling beginning around the circumference of the washer.

#1721 79 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Who the hell would even buy a washer version even on the second hand market?
So far it seems the new no art versions are doing ok.

Will the no art versions last is my concern and the reason I’m still holding off any purchases. Was the art lifting prematurely where posts where due to the added stress of the posts and the rest of the art is equally as susceptible to lifting and blistering the clear at some point?

#1749 79 days ago

I’m not in front of my games but when did art printed directly under the posts start? From memory I’m sure my Tron and Ironman have little circles slightly bigger than the posts, routed out with no artwork within the black rings.

#1835 77 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Dude, you’re way out in left field. Nobody said issues should or should not be remedied.
The discussion was that Stern has stated it’s not widespread.
That’s all.
Good luck with your Wonka.

If it’s true that Stern stopped the JP line to address the issue I’d say that’s proof enough it’s fairly widespread, if it was a couple playfields here and there you would think simply removing them from the line would be sufficient.

#2031 75 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If it is true Stern is now saying playfields arent covered by their warranty, it is a huge red flag.

Agreed, simple solution to keep sales pumping is build a quality playfield in the first place and they could warranty the hell out of it knowing end users won’t have any defective issues with them.

I know we have seen art lifting at posts due to pressure supposedly bunching the art but is there any guarantee repeated drops say out of ramps or the crypt kicker in the new Elvira pounding the same area of the playfield won’t start to cause the same problems just over a longer period of time?

#2044 74 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Based on my experience with a new JP2 LE, I would say that is a (slight) possibility.

Just saw your posts in the owners thread, not good at all and exactly what I feared could be possible. How the hell can you stop the middle of the playfield from lifting if it starts blistering and popping, this needs fixing ASAP! Have my fingers crossed Stern fix this and send you a replacement playfield dude!

#2048 74 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cancel your order yet?

At this point people need their heads testing if they are not cancelling orders.

I wanted a JPLE big time dream theme for my house, called my distributor to get a price, was ready with the money and then I saw the playfield issues the next day, never called him back, no way I’m dropping £10k (nearly 13k USD) on a pin with art that much just rub off.

#2080 74 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only reason I haven’t is that my kid is having a dinosaur-themed birthday party in late October. But I’m not sure I can swallow a defective $7k decoration.

Cancel it man save yourself the hassle. I know how you feel about your son, JP and Dinosaurs are my eldest sons (7) favourite thing in the world and he was excited when I showed him the game, especially the moving T. rex head but there’s no way I’m buying with these issues.

10k for an LE is a big kick in nuts from Stern for a defective product with known issues, hell if I wrestle with my boys they will likely kick me in the nuts for free

#2081 74 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You ought to relax, seriously.
That playfield is messed up for sure, and I posted support in the LE thread that he should escalate to Stern and expect them to back him up, 100% (just so you know where I'm coming from) -but as I posted there, that looks like a screw ripped through the wet clear and artwork while in the factory.
Owner confirmed that the peeled paint is covered in clear, so unless you know better, I'd say it's not as you described, "paint just flaking off".
I think it's really important to figure out what caused that "tear" in the artwork. If you are somehow correct, then yes, all bets are off and maybe it's best for everyone to wait this out.
But if you're all fired up and yelling "fire!, fire!" when it's just a one-off caused by a sharp screw in the apron that tore through the clear and art at installation, then that's a one-off, and likely not an issue that should frighten potential buyers.
I posted in the other thread that if anyone with a JPLE wants to remove the apron, to see if a screw is located anywhere near there, that might support my theory.
I think the benefit of a place like Pinside is when you have owners helping other owners, not raising pitchforks without much information.
Any other opinions on the cause of that "tear" is welcome, of course!

Maybe your in denial, I’m not quite sure what to think of all your “there’s nothing to see here” posts. But the reality is there are quality issues with Sterns playfields, it doesn’t matter what caused that scratch the art has lifted cleanly off the wood, there doesn’t appear to be a gouge or scratch in the wood itself hawkmoon77 can likely confirm that 100% but with no damage to the wood the art has practically rubbed off the playfield.

I have accidentally scratched playfields in the past installing and removing things and it’s left a scratch, the art hasn’t rolled up and bunched up. I know a lot of your posts are overly pro Stern but would you buy any other product or item knowing there are defects in production? And I’m by no means a Stern basher all my Sterns have been NIB, but I’m not going to bury my head in the sand and buy blind.

#2168 68 days ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

185 games in[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really sorry to see that! What’s the build date on your playfield?

#2255 66 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I know this isn't a paint related issue, but with regard to playfield quality...Along with peeled paint and missing parts that were never installed on the playfield, I just discovered what appears to be the wrong colored insert installed on my LE playfield. All RESCUE targets are supposed to be red/orange. Somehow, a clear one got into my playfield. Do they make orange bulbs?[quoted image]

I just looked at Sterns promo shots of the game plus all the flyers and every rescue insert is orange.

Great spot Hawk, with eyes like yours maybe you should be on Sterns QC team

#2346 63 days ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I really like Stern pinball machines but playfields with pooling only can be stopped if you ad a anti pooling 0,75 mm playfield protector that covers the playfield and all post in the shooting area.
It sucks but that is the only solution i think.

Anti pooling playfield protector?

I’ve heard it all now!

#2512 61 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And no, imho the quality is getting better

Ice, put that pipe down!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside