IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Rumor has it that JJP playfields are made in China from what I've heard recently although they do use Microplayfields too. Maybe their CE models use Microplayfields and then China for the other models.

I think it has got to the point where customers are going to want to know where/who they get their playfields done before they purchase. And Stern and JJP will likely need disclose that information proactively.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Until it's a "sick theme bro."

Good point, our zealous desire to buy NIB pinball machines despite high cost and PF issues may very well prevent a real resolution from the manufactures.

#27 4 years ago

NIBBA meeting...

Hello, my name is Bob, and I am a NIB buyer

#39 4 years ago

Another problem, like Law pointed out, is what if Stern makes that license pin you have been wanting? Or finally makes the vault you have been waiting for...or JJP's GNR is amazing!

It will be hard to resist....but...must...resiiiiiiiii - "So, anyone know a good distributor in my area?"

Like Gleason said "You can think about it....but DON'T do it!"

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

The fact that neither JJP, Stern, or Mirco has even commented on the issue is troubling.

But not unexpected - they can't address this issue without exposing some degree of public validation or denial. Which they would like to avoid at all 'costs'.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Jeez, in ten years that pf will look like a badly peeled orange.

Did you forget the sarcasm emogi? I don't see a bad dimple problem, chipping yeah...bad dimpling no.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Why? Bally / Williams did not tell their customers who were getting which playfield on their games. On their larger run of games, like Addams Family or even Creature, different companies made these playfields for Williams. Some people were lucky to get the Sun Process made playfields on Creature From Black Lagoon and ended up with a 'hot pink' colored playfield. Others got the crapper version playfields.

I totally get it. But with the internet (pinside) we are able to see QC patterns at a much higher scaled and clarity then 'back then'. These products are now expected - for better or worse - to have playfields that don't have these issues - or at least not to this frequency.

I guess it can be boiled down to a more 'informed and discerning customer'? And I use discerning loosely, all the buyer wants is a good quality PF.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Clearly you have not seen what a badly peeled orange looks like. No dimples.

Only badly peeled orange I see on a regular basis is me trying to make an old fashioned.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#80 4 years ago

These threads are so depressing.

Sorry to all those affected

#123 4 years ago

Forget about the shooter lane pics - you will want to see post pics!

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So at what point will it smooth out and look like the playfields in my 90s Williams games? Never.

Quoted from gjm7777:

28.5 years from now.

Quoted from o-din:

Great! Hopefully I will also be able to get all the node boards for it then too.

Quoted from gjm7777:

Gary will probably take the remaining node boards, create a sarcophagus from them and take em to the grave just to spite everyone.

Nice back and forth fellas - well played!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just canceled my JPLE.

I would to, better wait this one out a bit longer to see how it plays out.

1 week later
#634 4 years ago

Guys, please don’t get a new Stern or JJP until they get quality playfields back into production.

So, how will we know when they are good??? They will confirm there was and issue, explain how they have corrected it, and cover it under warranty. Until that happens I am out. I’ll wait for HUO if they don’t so I don’t have one with the issues.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sucks but what else can you do if you want NIB?

Wait until they don’t f up the clear on play fields is a good start.

1 week later
#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It really goes to show how much bigger in the industry Stern is than JJP. The JJP threads on the issue have been around for a while but it seemed like a fairly small amount of people being affected. At the time I thought I'm surprised Pinside is not going mental at this, a couple weeks later and issues start to appear on Sterns. Now its feels like this has spread to every topic and every machine in the last year is impacted. When it was JJP it was minor with Stern its the biggest issue since ghosting on Ghostbusters.

What this thread tells me is that people want a play field that is done properly and if not they won’t buy NIB regardless of who manufactures the pin.

1 year later
#7938 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Interesting turn of events here....if I read this correctly, NO ONE's getting a warranty replacement play field of ANY kind, ever again!
(at least not from JJP!)
[quoted image]

Not surprised. What is the cost of a replacement playfield? JJP would allow customers to buy one, no?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.