IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think pinball manufacturers will have to start using adhesive PETG sheets with the artwork applied to the back, similar to the hardtops. With ghosting, chipping and pooling of clearcoats, stricter environmental regulations and the extra scrutiny the playfields are getting when bought for the home, the need to replace playfields is going to get more and more common. At some point it just won't be worth it anymore.

My slugfest still looks great!

#141 4 years ago

I had my MMrLE for three years and there was barely a mark on it. You REALLY had to look hard to find something.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This has stopped me from a nib purchase this fall. Just building a game room too. But it’s money saved now. Maybe look for an older game now.

Same. Maybe I'll finally get around to renovating my bathrooms.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would really like to know how this will be dealt with.
Will there be a time limit to make a claim? ....

Exactly. Would I be better off to play the hell out of my game so it chips early and is covered...or hold off on playing hoping clear may cure and then only to have it chip down the road and they say...tough shit...?

They (Stern&JJP) need to publicly address this asap.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I struggle between MBR and MMR. Which would be your choice of you could only have one?

Neither. Both get stale fast, especially mmr

#887 4 years ago

They are a crisis in the making, that's for sure.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I've not read what is or isn't included under this new JJP offer. It wouldn't hurt to submit a ticket even if it's just so it's documented should it chip. If the rumors are true and Mirco is having to pay some or all of the cost of these playfields, JJP may be lenient.

I submitted a ticket over a week ago.....crickets.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Jack called me tonight as well. He is sending me a new playfield for both my POTC and Wonka! They will be playfields from a new run. I’m very satisfied with a personal call and a free replacement playfield. I feel that is fair under the circumstances. Great touch to call customers personally. I’m impressed with that. We spoke for a few minutes and he was very genuine. He thanked me for my business and trust in his company as well and wanted to make sure I knew he valued me as a customer.
Is Gary Stern calling anyone?

I've replied three times to my ticket with JJP and have had NO response. Zero..nil..nada. It's like I'm talking to myself.

1 week later
#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is helping a little.[quoted image]

Until you taste it.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Don't like English ale huh? Taste better than Bud, Miller, Coors, or any of that other piss water

Agreed.

As they say...How is drinking Coors Light like having sex in a canoe?.....

1 week later
#2004 4 years ago

I have put in two tickets with JJP over the past two months. Besides the automated reply of "we got your ticket", I have had ZERO contact despite several replies from myself to them.

I just spent NIB pin money on a restored ball bowler. Suck it bitches.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Let’s see it!

Haven't taken delivery yet.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

What is it, exactly? As someone who owns an odd-ball vintage bowler, I'm curious.

a bowler....

bowl (resized).jpgbowl (resized).jpg
#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

instead of buying the latest dinosaur game from Stern (JPLE) I purchased a Galaxy Fire electronic Dart board and a Miracle on Ice Super Chexx Pro bubble hockey game.....and saved $1500

Where did you buy the dart board from?

3 months later
#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I give up...
I remind you I only got involved in this because I saw Goetz post that he didn't get his playfield yet. He didn't ask me about it, nothing - I saw the post and I emailed him and Jack to get a status update. From there the lies about the populated playfield started, months after everything started with his claim. I did above and beyond - I inserted myself into the situation to try to HELP him.
To say that he is not wrong to lie here to everyone to extort the company with the deal of give me a $ 3,000 discount on the next game (where was his outrage then - he still wanted another JJP game ? ) with the promise of I'll stay quiet, I'll tell everyone I got an unpopulated playfield and I'm happy with it, etc... Its WRONG. Period. It's wrong to each and every one of you who are looking for adequate solutions. Would you be so kindly about him if you found out today that he got a $ 3,000 discount and you didn't or would you be roasting him ? Please... JJP did the right thing to rebuff him even though it would have been easier to pay him off and shut him up.
This guy is a player and I proved it - he tried playing JJP, he tried playing me, and he tried playing every single one of you ! I did what is in my control as a distributor I put the customer on the path of resolution and I checked later to see if I could do more for him on my own.
Being upset with the PF situation and how he went about it are two separate things..

I once thought it would be fun to be a pinball distro........
It may actually make insurance look like fun.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its pretty simple...they are running on fumes, and they can't afford it...I find it very telling that the distributor jumps on this forum to defend himself (which is fine), and then disappears when asked to answer a very simple question.....whats a reasonable resolution?

How does anyone possibly know that they are running on fumes??

Pretty sure JJ is backed by several people with F#ck You money? Certainly they can afford to replace a couple playfields. They just don't want to.

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No they can't afford to pay for populated play fields....

bs

#4192 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your delusional if you don't think its a financial decision

You said they can't afford it. I call bs. They just won't do it. Huge difference.

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I call bs on your bs. PtownPin's comments are spot on.

Congratulations, you're wrong too.

Yeah. Apparently he is also privy to all their financials statements.

1 week later
#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For what it’s worth, my STH LE looks awesome. Much thicker coat than the pro, no pooping or chipping. From what I understand with that the pooling is immediate and I don’t see any.

No shit?

5 months later
#5953 3 years ago

I want to get a JP Prem, but will not order a NIB. I'll have to wait to find one locally that I can see before I buy.

8 months later
#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not JJP. They prefer to just string you along, tell you to "switch to decaf" and leave you hanging with a bare playfield that you have no possibility of installing yourself.
And before someone jumps in and gives me shit about someone's offer to swap my field, I'll remind you that even THAT process won't be free.

Why would a replacement playfield be any different quality? Probably wind up going through a shit-ton of work just to have it shit the bed again.

4 weeks later
#8307 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm kidding a bit on buying two, but more seriously what's wrong with buying a spare playfield as peace of mind, then play the crap out of it?
So long as you (or a future buyer) can always return to pristine state, doesn't that let you guys relax and enjoy? It would me.

Because the spare playfield would be the same shit quality as the other?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 10.00
$ 21.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.