IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crujones4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7277 3 years ago

One game I don't think i have seen issues on is Star Wars. Can anyone confirm? It is my first NIB and is still waiting to be built...bought it back in August. SW Pro. It looks like art has been pulled back some on newer builds for this one even though I personally haven't read about issues with Star Wars. Does stern use different types/shapes/styles of ball guides in its newer pins?

1 week later
#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I have a new tmnt pro and a 2020 build date star wars pro. Both about 750 plays now. Both still mint no playfield issues at all.

Did they pull back the art on your SW Pro from around the posts? Mind posting some pics if so? I am waiting on mine to be built and curious if they pulled the art back.

1 week later
#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Stern just shared a video of the Star Wars comic art production on social media. The play fields appear to be MDF. How do you guys feel about that.
[quoted image]

Home pin?

#7329 3 years ago

My Maverick and Party Zone have dimples...

1 month later
#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

And yet, they can't make these "garbage" products fast enough. People are waiting months to get their hands on "garbage." How do you explain that?

Can confirm. Waiting since August for SW Pro.

#7688 3 years ago

Stern is using a different clear or technique for the clear recently. Several people have said they thought the clear coat was thinner on their recently built Sterns. It seems to have addressed the pooling.

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

thiner clear, is that a good thing?

Could be...if it was thicker than needed.

2 months later
#8042 3 years ago

Not sure that Star Wars ever had many playfield issues but I will add that my playfield looks great. Got my game 3/31/21 and have played about 150 games. Lots of multiballs. I have some very light dimpling that can be seen in certain light when looking for it (which we should expect). No pooling. Art work has been pulled back from posts vs original earlier runs. Clear coat looks great. Just thought I'd share my experience.

1 month later
#8410 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I will camp out here and wait to see how Mandolorian playfields do.

I don't believe anything from maybe AIQ and definitely LZ forward has had any problems minus the occasional warped playfield or rail digging into the playfield. I have a SW Pro built in March of 2021 and it is gorgeous 250 plays later. Just very minor dimpling which we should expect.

#8475 2 years ago

My SW Pro built March 2021 has a thinner clear coat. It looks great and the dimples are minor in size in my opinion.

2 weeks later
#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If Stern were to release another vault edition of an older game, like Ghostbusters, would they remove artwork from around the posts?

They have already done that. Later runs of Star Wars (I have one made March 2021) had art removed away from posts.

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did the older games that had their complete runs before they started removing artwork around the posts ever have these problems? I know Ghostbusters had insert ghosting issues but I don't remember post pooling and chipping. If they did not have this issue, then what has changed?

At some point...maybe 2017 or so...we went from silk screened playfield art to digital printing of art. Why this caused so many problems has yet to be proven but it is almost definitely the reason for the issues.

3 weeks later
#8971 2 years ago

You guys know there was a bad batch of balls about 1 to 2 years ago? Stern probably bought some of the bad balls. Unless they are sitting on a large supply of old balls it’s probably not an issue with new games now. I have the stock balls in my SW Pro that was made March 2021 and the balls are fine after 400 plays.

1 year later
#9014 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

This is on a sling post of my NIB Rush I got less than 2 weeks ago. It has roughly 100 plays, but I believe it was like this when I got it.
It doesn't seem to be pooling. And it's hidden. I'm just wondering: will it progressively get worse and spread?
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is that? Looks like wax around the post.

2 weeks later
#9075 1 year ago
Quoted from ARTofAWD:

Just recieved my NIB JP Prem made mid July and there is one area on the play field that looks very dull compared to the rest. Closer inspection it's like steel wool was rubbed all over the little dinosaur with millions of fine scratches. Very disappointing. In the picture you can see there is almost no marks around the reflection of a light on the right hand side, but swirl marks galore around the left. I'll contact Stern tomorrow to see what they tell me.
[quoted image]

That's so weird...try cleaning/waxing to see if it buffs out?

#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I had several similar spots on Mando. I think it's areas that were missed in final polish vs. something that scratched later. I didn't get anywhere with Novus 2, but Novus 3 followed by 2 shined it up nicely.

Do you by chance have a before and after? I'd be interested in seeing pics if you do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 64.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crujones4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=crujones4life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.