Topic Stats

• 2,600 posts
  • 357 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by ezeltmann
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 307 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).png
20191011_124130.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5188226D-D073-4C10-86EE-CF925433A9C9 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
dollar.gif
Unknown (resized).png
9CD37D0F-1A9B-4C22-8FFD-18FA3D9A5C12 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpg
71971061_10219457275600302_9067373112357552128_n (resized).jpg
3cq6pa (resized).jpg
How-to-Prevent-Car-Clear-Coat-Peeling-5-Ways-to-Do-It-300x225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 49 days ago

Is there a mark on playfield to tell which supplier to Stern made it?

1 week later
#758 42 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Did you see post 727, looks gross!

Did they not see this during assembly??

#777 42 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Went to a barcade yesterday and here's what i saw.
JP-pooling and chipping
BK3-pooling
IMDN-pooling and a piece of clearcoat flaking off in the middle of the playfield
Deadpool- didnt look but im sure it probably had issues as well.
At my house:
Munsters-pooling
IMDN-pooling and chipping after 600 plays
For anyone who thinks this isn't a big problem, you better think again because its HUGE I guarantee it!

What did Stern or your distributor say?

#780 42 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haven't heard back yet.

Cool. Let us know what they are willing to do.

#823 41 days ago

If I decide to cancel my preorder I have in with Cointaker, what is there cancellation policy?

This quality issue is concerning.

#1117 36 days ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I like my machines to be defect free out of the box. Not to look like this.
I agree with Underlord.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you chat with distributor/Stern and what are they willing to do?

#1120 36 days ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My distributor sent pictures to Stern. Still waiting for an answer.
Still waiting for an answer on my WONKA as well but that has been over a month.
Surprisingly my Black Knight Premium looks perfect.

Will be interested in hearing what they do as this will affect my buying NIB decision.

Thx

#1192 34 days ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

So the machine I set up tonight had very minor rippling/pooling. Removed the ugly metal washers from under the sling posts and found this (see left pic). I applied the heat gun on low for 10-15 seconds and it leveled into a nice smooth finish. This is great if it was permanent, but if a little heat can level it, imagine what a pinball can will do to it long term.[quoted image]

Nice job in fixing.

However I fear you are right- temporary fix. Clear is to soft.

#1299 32 days ago
Quoted from mslow:

My distributor wrote me asking for final payment on my JP2 LE. They should be shipping soon.
Do you feel the clear problems have been solved? Would you hold off and wait till this problem is 100% figured out with the chance of missing out on an LE?

YES!

There have been many LE future owners that are OUT. You can always get a Premium when issues are fixed. Many of us followed this path.

No need to gamble.

#1346 31 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

That's exactly what it is., and their silence speaks volumes on the veracity of that claim.

Well, yeah. They're prolly going "awww fuck guys. How are we going to get over THIS hump? They're not letting this one go over at Pinside....! We might have to actually address it."

All the cancelled orders probably got their attention.

#1354 31 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Um, not exactly. They buy them in batches. If they don’t sell they don’t buy more batches. For sure hurts Stern.

Yup, the volume of orders slows to distributors, thus the distributors don’t order. It has gotten Sterns attention, they stopped the line to scrutinize the LEs my distributor says.

1 week later
#1701 23 days ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My Iron Maiden did this on the exact same post in around 600 plays. I’m waiting on Stern’s response...[quoted image]

Post back and let us know what Stern says.

I suspect nothing unless you have chipping.
And lots of it!

#1770 21 days ago

Has anyone that has had pooling/ wrinkling (not cracking or chipping) been awarded a new playfield by Stern?

#1856 19 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think we all can appreciate your stance, especially if the chipping has occurred in so many areas.
I would hope that Stern does take care of you. I would almost guarantee though that it won’t happen quickly.

I believe the bottom line issue in most cases is not that pooling or chipping, etc affect game play they affect the price when you go sell.

Would you pay the same price for a pooling/chipping playfield-game as one that has it without- no liars here - you won’t. Same applies in other applications- you have 2 great cars - one has a few more scratches/minor cosmetic- no way I am paying the same price.

You ask widespread- define widespread and we can answer the questions.

Hundreds of playfields per Pinside posts in multiple forums have shown this (read them) over the last 3 years of making them. If you answered above that it affects what you are willing to pay (which is 90%+ of people) - that is where the rub is.

I agree Stern can’t financially replace all these playfields. But at some point they will have to address publicly and not say it like just a small run on JP. If they don’t (which is most likely) - I will no longer buy new. And I have bought a lot of NIB LEs. I among 50 others canceled our JPLE orders with no communication from Stern. Distributors got angry aggressive with Stern which forced Sterns hand to address.

FYI - they did stop the JP line to address and change design (good for them). Now what to do about previous machines.....tbd!

#1859 19 days ago

Here is another example of the potential issue:

Guy just bought this new from Stern:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/119#post-5220468

Doesn’t sound happy - Stern can’t afford to say nothing.

Or they will continue to get a shit load of calls. My guess is they will say something during or before upcoming Chicago expo.

#1877 19 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Again, absolutely ridiculous.
A car that’s defective is massively different from a pinball machine.
(I don’t want to give it away completely, but think of what happens to the user when these two very different machines fail to operate as intended)
The other thing to consider is this: Pinsiders appear to consider pooling on par with global warming. Operators likely do not share the same concern. So Stern announcing a recall and drawing attention to something that’s perhaps not even important, is not only unnecessary, it’s throwing money down the drain. That money is recouped with higher prices.
If that’s what you want, you’re on your own.

Problem is operators are becoming the minority here, the market has shifted to home use. Stern like it or not has a deal with a different level of expectation. The good news is Stern now has tons of new home use customers, bad news are pinball quality expectations have shifted.

#1886 19 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So the Stern release photographs of Elvira clearly show artwork underneath both slings. I’m curious if those photos were taken before they discovered the problem and made the changes to the JP LE playfiields[quoted image]

I originally thought the same but the posts look like the have black circles.
Hard to tell,

#1991 18 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Where? So far I've only heard good things about LE playfields. Premiums aren't shipping yet. But if there are still issues, I want to see them before my premium ships so I can cancel, if need be.

Cancel your premium. I among 50 other future LE owners cancelled.

Wait, don’t deal with this shit. Not worth the BS right now. Many people cancelled, Stern is feeling the pain - demand has gone down. I bet between LEs and Premiums cancelled in the last 2 months it is over 100 (on multiple titles). Think about that effect - what is that worth to Stern and how much does that piss off their distributors!!

Not to mention all those that never ordered waiting on the side. Stern, like any manufacturer, will find a solution soon. They can’t afford to keep this going.

#2053 17 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You ought to relax, seriously.
That playfield is messed up for sure, and I posted support in the LE thread that he should escalate to Stern and expect them to back him up, 100% (just so you know where I'm coming from) -but as I posted there, that looks like a screw ripped through the wet clear and artwork while in the factory.
Owner confirmed that the peeled paint is covered in clear, so unless you know better, I'd say it's not as you described, "paint just flaking off".
I think it's really important to figure out what caused that "tear" in the artwork. If you are somehow correct, then yes, all bets are off and maybe it's best for everyone to wait this out.
But if you're all fired up and yelling "fire!, fire!" when it's just a one-off caused by a sharp screw in the apron that tore through the clear and art at installation, then that's a one-off, and likely not an issue that should frighten potential buyers.
I posted in the other thread that if anyone with a JPLE wants to remove the apron, to see if a screw is located anywhere near there, that might support my theory.
I think the benefit of a place like Pinside is when you have owners helping other owners, not raising pitchforks without much information.
Any other opinions on the cause of that "tear" is welcome, of course!

Man shit quality going on at Stern lately.

Check out the Munsters club thread. They sent dozens of cool toppers all over the world - at $425 a piece. Not one worked. All returned for fixes.

After weeks of fixed sent back out. All the same dam issues again. Send back or drill out deeper holes to fix.

And then Stern drops a topper code update.

Geez - get control over there Stern- like Quality Control!!!!

Long time Stern fan - sitting on sidelines right now.

#2055 17 days ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Well having actually cleared over a digital print. I looks like the printing did not soak into, or adhere to the wood, it has no bit into the substrate at all. The clear coat then softened the art. Then something gouged the art, causing it to peel with the clear clean off the wood. If the art was applied correctly to the wood, time given before clear, and time between clear coats, this would have most likely been a scratch, and not a peel. Point being ink should not peel off the wood leaving bare wood. There's not even an ink stain on that wood.
Basically it should not be tearing and pulling away from the wood, it should just be a scratch. Poor prep, and incompatible products.

Amen!

#2089 17 days ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You bought half a machine?

The non-playfield half!

#2115 16 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Quick Update:
Stern has been fast to respond to my emails. They said they sent my pictures to quality control and offered to send me a bottle of clear touch-up to mitigate the paint peeling issue.

That’s what they did for me years ago, a jar of clearcoat. This is ok if it is not a NIB game. But NIB - wtf!

#2208 10 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Well, there's skateboards.

Maybe tennis rackets, hockey sticks...

#2251 9 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I know this isn't a paint related issue, but with regard to playfield quality...Along with peeled paint and missing parts that were never installed on the playfield, I just discovered what appears to be the wrong colored insert installed on my LE playfield. All RESCUE targets are supposed to be red/orange. Somehow, a clear one got into my playfield. Do they make orange bulbs?[quoted image]

Until they replace your playfield these do work great...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/345-playfield-other

Ping him

#2312 7 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

No worries, they’ll take care of you especially since it’s a really new game. It does take time. Just continue to be patient and polite in the meantime, which you’re totally being... even in your posts here.
Personally, I’m livid that my 9k LE is having these issues and I’m not getting much a response... but your game is substantially newer and has a multitude of issues, so I’m confident Stern will take care of you sooner than later don’t sweat it!

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

No worries, they’ll take care of you especially since it’s a really new game. It does take time. Just continue to be patient and polite in the meantime, which you’re totally being... even in your posts here.
Personally, I’m livid that my 9k LE is having these issues and I’m not getting much a response... but your game is substantially newer and has a multitude of issues, so I’m confident Stern will take care of you sooner than later don’t sweat it!

What happened to your LE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside