IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I have absolutely no desire to buy anything NIB anymore.

I hear you, and I, normally a willfully "eternal optimist", must admit I too am getting a little discouraged at this point. I have been in the market to buy 1-2 NIB games for almost a year, but have been somewhat paralyzed by indecision because every time I think I have decided upon which title(s) to get I come here and read these QC horror stories and it simply deflates all the enthusiasm. (Note that I understand and have no problem with the idea that NIB pins need a little tweaking, but NIB issues with critical stuff like cabinet or playfield integrity is absolutely unacceptable in all circumstances.)

Lately, it seems like an unending merry-go-round of: New game announced-->hype, excitement, and discussion follows-->games delivered-->owners in the NIB honeymoon phase are effusive in their praise-->a few problems start getting reported-->widespread speculation and general gnashing of teeth ensues-->problems begin to appear systemic-->Pinside ethos takes over and the discussion goes on ad nauseam for 80 pages with escalating personal sniping, topic derailment, and ultimately no resolution-->any potential joy is mostly quashed by that point.

Maybe I should pull the trigger on AFMr or MBr? Both titles are on my wish list, but are further down than some of the recent Stern and JJP games; perhaps this is the wisest move to both reduce the risk of disappointment AND scratch the NIB itch.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern and JJP must be seriously worried by these issues.
How much would it cost to replace all the defective playfields? Especially if fully populated?
No wonder no one is saying anything.
If they admit liability, the floodgates open.
Man, I hope this issue gets rectified quickly.

I feel really bad for the distros too (especially the good guys who consistently have our backs, like JJ); I am sure they are sweating bullets right about now because this is potentially even more of an existential threat to them than to the manufacturers. If you are in the market for any used games, definitely give these guys a shot at your business! (I have been to the GEx showroom three times, and can vouch for the quality of their used games - buy from them with confidence.)

This is unfortunately shaping up to possibly be the biggest systemic problem we have seen in NIB pinball in a long time (maybe ever), and it MUST be addressed sooner rather than later to avoid significant harm to the pinball hobby itself.

3 weeks later
#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

Sounds like typical corporate spin to me.

I am only one data point, but last weekend I played a JP Pro and BKSOR Pro on location and both have the clear problems. The JP is less than 30 days old and has the washers, but there is already wrinkling occurring under multiple posts not protected by one (a shame as it is a phenomenal game and I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat if it were not for this issue). The BK has been there about three months and has some noticeable wrinkling, especially under the posts surrounding the various ramp/BK entrances; of note, I first checked that machine several weeks ago when this first broke and did not find anything at that time, so the damage I just saw had to have occurred during the past month or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.