IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That’s nothing. This is mine out of the box.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But I didn’t think Stern had these issues? Kidding. And sorry for making a joke at your expense.

I hope everyone gets satisfaction from their manufacturer and distributor. Everybody knows that resale values matter in our hobby. Anyone that suggests otherwise is lying.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think if you'll look back in the thread that you will find out that YOU are the one that turned it into a manufacturers debate. I think EVERY manufacturer should stand behind their product, i dont care who they are. I'll go after Stern just like i do JJP if they fail to make their customers whole. Im not happy with Stern or JJP eirher one right now iver these shitty ass playfields.

Dude, you’ve always been a Stern Fanboi. No one thinks otherwise. Just know that. We see right through you. It’s ok. But it’s also not.

1 month later
#2547 4 years ago

I was just at a showroom with many pins, and WW from JJP had minor pooling and a couple recent Sterns did too, including JP.

I brought home a NIB MMr - with a born on date of Sept. 2017 - and the playfield is flawless. Beautiful glossy clear and no pooling. CSC seems to be doing it right.

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only on a cute girls face.

Or ass.

3 months later
#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Those quotes aren't Super Awesome. He was on the wrong show.

Talking out of his ass. I’ll take one of those machines where the clear coat wore out after 90 days please. Because they were better than the crap Stern is shipping now.

#4535 4 years ago

And if the game was played ANYWHERE but a private home, it’s not HUO.

2 weeks later
#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people so desperately want to believe Stern is on the precipice of failure? What could indulging in that perpetually unfulfilled fantasy possibly bring into peoples lives?

They don’t. I don’t. But I want value, and as fun as some Stern games are, Im not seeing it. I also want accountability. Stern raises prices, lowers standards, and keep doing it “because they can”. And only reacts when the market gets real strident. Well, I want more from a company that gets my money.

Their behavior is unbecoming. It’s disappointing. I want Stern to succeed, making awesome pinballs that I want to buy and that I’m willing to buy. But with an occasional exception they don’t, and I consider it a big let down.

BTW, I just dropped 8 grand + on MMr, and I couldn’t be happier about that. The quality is outstanding and the code is complete. And it’s fuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn.

I couldn’t see dropping that much bread for a Stern made game. Not these days.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly right, when they raised the PRICE to where it sits today, some people like yourself moved to the sidelines.
But "lowering standards", that's where you are wrong imo. What standards? I'll go back to TWD i bought in 2014.
I see nothing but "raised standards" myself in so many areas.
The LCD is phenomenal, the artwork has been "raised" several notches, the video, sound and callouts have ALL been "raised", theme integration. Not to mention great themes and coding. So that BS don't fly TFA.
The issue is PRICE, the rest is a bunch of BS excuses.

Price and Value are two sides of the same coin. If the price goes up, the value should as well. You reference TWD. That was 6 years ago Ice. If you can’t acknowledge that Stern makes Pinballs now with cheaper materials and parts than they did then pop another top and have at it. But that BS don’t fly.

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Vegas guy seems to have a different experience with some of his games. Sterns pro's going strong after 25k plays with just waxing and cleaning and JJP's falling to pieces after 10k.

There has to be mechs on the game for them to break Ice!

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think he is referring more to the build standards. Between the ghosted playfields, separating cabinets, elimination of real mirrored backglasses, peeling decals, chipping playfields, pooling clear coat, single use coil stops, fragile flipper buttons, flickering sling / ball return GI and glaring widespread individual game build issues out of the box (Stranger Things lock post / one way gate, Munsters Spot optos, JP upper flipper post, etc...) along with the much debated cratering / dimpling playfields...I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue they have raised any standards there since TWD.

Yup. And plastic aprons. And compare the wiring in a modern Stern to an old B/W. Hell, probably even to an old Stern. Like strands of hair. And of course, these unrepairable node boards, compared to the bullet proof - and fixable - SAM system.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.