IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1162 4 years ago

Maybe the wood is so soft the art blisters when hardware sinks into it?

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im definitely feeling the same thing at the moment. I hate feeling that way too because i really want a JP and a Elvira 3 but they have to win my confidence back at this point and them making a statement saying that they have identified the problem and corrected it would go a long ways.
MultiballManiac was going to buy a JP Premium and bought a new Super Chexx bubble hockey instead. Im thinking that might not be a bad idea..

I was in the NIB market during Stern’s ghosted insert era (2017 me thinks)

Before pulling the trigger I reached out to Stern to see if they fixed the issue.

No response

Then the new Star Wars manual had wording stating ghosting was normal IIRC

So I bought a NIB Golden Tee instead & love it

This time around I am eyeing a NIB Big Buck Hunter HD

Or maybe I will just wait & see what Stern does

Either way I’m buying some more cool shit so life is good

Super Chex looks awesome. Get one dude!

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what the resale is like on these games?

Prolly no worse than a Stern with missing PF art lol

Fuh real tho I think ya lose a grand on Golden Tee

But every year they add 7 courses if you update so why sell? It gets better every year. And replay value goes up the more you play since your skills improve & you start taking risky shots.

No idea on BBH. They dont sell a ton to home owners & operators hold onto em. I never see one cheap (HD LCD recent versions). BBH HD is expensive as fck tho!

Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe buy a few new slot machines instead of pins. You think pins are expensive? The new slots are approaching $40K apiece with an unlicensed theme.

I have a cheap Street Fighter slot machine that scratches that itch. If I'm dropping $40K its going towards the new C8 Vette.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

My distributor wrote me asking for final payment on my JP2 LE. They should be shipping soon.
Do you feel the clear problems have been solved? Would you hold off and wait till this problem is 100% figured out with the chance of missing out on an LE?

Pinsiders can’t really answer that. We can only speculate.

Contact Stern & ask if they solved the problem &/or the resolution if you’re affected

If you can live with a defective PF then get your LE

If you cannot live with a defective PF then cancel your LE

That’s just my take on things. I’m far from an expert.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And what is your definition of "defective" people
Freaking out? Get a Golden Tee right Curley! LOL

Pooling is a defect.

That reminds me... the GB fiasco

Errbody had ghosted inserts. You said F it and bought a GB saying all would be well. I said several times you were crazy & should wait.

Then IIRC your GB started ghosting.

So as much as I like you Ice, I’m not going to ask you for advice on QC issues. I value your opinion of a game & such but you’re irrational AF my brother.

What happened with you GB? It ghosted right? Was it resolved?

And I think y’all should buy a Golden Tee regardless of Stern QC. Especially you Ice. Let’s GT it up mang!

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have two very "minor ghosting inserts" on my GB. Two of the tiny ones.
I haven't played it in quite a while because i keep waiting on the F ing code update!!!! That's my biggest problem with GB.
But I'm kind of rationally "irrational" which makes the most sense
I'd have to practice about a year or so at least on Golden Tee to jump into your level . LOL
Do you remember KPG? He had a F ed up chipped PF beyond belief. Not "pooling". Not something i stress about.

Unresolved ghosted inserts & incomplete code on a game you never play?

Yeah you should have waited.

As for my Golden Tee skills... I’m not very good. My HC is +6 right now. The hardcore bangers are like +28 me thinks. FFS just buy one dude. The 2020 update looks purdy cool. I preordered yesterday to ensure I get mine on day one.

KPG posted pics of some half naked chick in front of his exotic car IIRC so I don’t feel much sympathy for him (JK)

#1349 4 years ago

I feel bad for Stern

They're a victim too (if they resolve things)

Maybe thats why the JPLE's aren't shipping?

3 weeks later
#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm actually both and a registered investment adviser RIA under the SEC and fiduciary duty rule. That's how i make my living, charging a fixed fee to manage assets as a financial adviser, lower than most every adviser i might add, while integrating estate planning and tax advice for my clients at no additional cost. I have about $350 million of assets under mgt., 1200 accounts or so with TD Ameritrade as custodian.
And i love what i do in helping people. I doubt i'll ever really retire from doing that OR the pinball hobby!
Back to discussing PF issues and i hope JJP and Stern finally have this shit figured out.

Iceman puts the douche in fiduciary.

Bahahaha, kidding bro. I had to!

#2519 4 years ago

What if Stern didn’t want to send you a populated PF because they knew it would chip again?

Better do that PF swap now so you can get a 3rd if that’s the case

Quoted from Vinnie:

I wanted to post a followup as I heard back from my distributor last week regarding my Iron Maiden chipping/pooling. Stern has offered to send me a non-populated playfield free of charge and I have accepted the offer. I know for some this would not be satisfactory but for me I feel it is a fair solution. I have not received the new playfield yet and was told 4-8 weeks before it ships. So I'm figuring a couple months give or take. Just for reference it took Stern about 4 weeks to provide a response to my distributor on the initial report of chipping. As long as I receive the playfield I will be happy and feel like Stern did the right thing standing behind their product. My machine was still within the 30 day return policy my distributor offers so I'm not sure if that had any influence on the decision or not. I'll post another update once I receive the replacement playfield.

#2594 4 years ago

Hmmmm

Buy 4-5 NIB games with F'd clearcoat

Or...

Screenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191013-110702 (resized).png
#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

New cars are a waste of money

True

But I want to wear Affliction T shirts & weird fancy jeans.

That truck is the final piece of the puzzle.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please tell me that you dont wear skinny Jean's PW?

#2637 4 years ago

Just realized I don't enjoy Monster energy drinks or punch holes in drywall.

So they might not sell me that truck

Hope Stern gets this figured out. The new SW comic edition looks schweeeeet. JP too. Might trade TWD towards JP with a nearby distro & add a SW to the order.

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I asked Jack tonight during the Q&A session at Expo tonight if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified.
Yes and Yes.
Would you elaborate on either?
No.

I'd steer clear of NIB until Jack answers the question or we start to see games without issue.

Same for Stern. That's why I didn't order JP or the redrawn SW.

It's killing me. This is my 40th birthday present. But I dont need grenades in my life. And a shitty new game is mos def a grenade.

#2692 4 years ago

I get a weird vibe about thinner clear & deleted art.

Feels like a temporary & similar but better solution to the washers implemented to understandably keep the line moving.

Dang... My AS has a thick glossy PF that compliments the artwork magnificently. It's a gorgeous F'n game. I'd hate to lose that attribute on all future titles

3 weeks later
#3115 4 years ago

Plenty of distros accept cards

Like all of them

BoA offers 2.625% rewards. On a $7499 purchase thats $7,302 shipped

Go thru ebay & paypal then get an extra hundo in ebay bucks

Now you've got a NIB for $7202

Since Stern is fuck'n everyone & playing dirty then do the same. File the claim on day 1 with PP, the CC, ebay & Stern

Just send in some pics of the bazillion other shitty PF's posted here & start the charge back process.

By the time Stern makes it right your game will have pooling & chipping anyway. If not, give the PF to some cornholed sucker here that got ignored.

Stern act'n like the Pop Copy Dave Chapelle skit

"If they have mac tell em we're PC. If they have PC tell em we're mac. If they have both tell em the system is down. Why? Because fuck em thats why"

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s closer to $800, tops, I believe.
A few years ago a major distro misquoted me, thinking I was going to sell a game direct to a customer. I can’t remember all of the specifics, but I do remember being surprised at the number.

I have no clue what distros make but...

When a Stern sells on eBay, based on the fees published online, it certainly appears the distro pays 3% to PayPal & 10% to eBay.

So they net $6524 after fees on a Premium

On a Pro it’s a net of $5045 after fees.

They still have to pay Stern & profit to keep selling on eBay.

Wait until the chargebacks start to hit. The distros are gonna hurt, which is terrible, but eventually it will make its way to Stern.

Guys if Stern isn’t resolving things for your peers here & you buy a game with defects you better file a claim ASAP while waiting for Stern to do the right thing. That’s way if they don’t, which it sounds like they won’t, you’re not left holding a grenade.

Capture those credit card rewards to reduce the games effective cost by 1%-3% & use eBay to get a $100 kickback & take comfort in knowing you have the CC warranty as well as protection options with eBay & PayPal too.

Or keep wiring money & writing checks in the back alley to a distro like it’s 1994 & enjoy the run around & shit product.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You can negotiate better fees than those, but even with zero fees and full MSRP, I can assure you it's less than $1.5k profit per game.

Just tell us what it is

Do you know?

I don’t want to be right. I just want to know.

1 week later
#3153 4 years ago

Might be a good idea to file a claim a solid 6-12 mos before actually purchasing.

That way after Stern drags shit out for 6-12 mos it’s OK.

I am going to start emailing them now about my TMNT play field

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ask them if the Harry Potter sample playfields are a go.

I did

They said whatever issue I have with Harry Potter is normal, does not affect game play & Who Dey ain't get'n shit from em.

#3179 4 years ago

Anyone get a new populated PF yet?

#3183 4 years ago

Take Stern to small claims court?

If the old PF's were fine & normal then the new ones wouldnt have thinner clear & art removed from posts.

The washers on the old Pro's are also further evidence of shenanigans.

Stern doesn't have to admit guilt. The production changes are damming enough?

I would imagine a judge would be like "oh cool, pinball. Oh shit, that's terrible. Ah so the manufacturer found the issue, implimented changes on new games but ignored the owners affected, not cool"

I doubt a judge would say "looks normal, go fuck yerself"

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Michigan Small Claims Court limit is $5k per "disagreement".

IL = $10K if Google led me straight.

Dang. Oh well, get $5K & a shitty game!

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Love that one of the downvoters actually has Gary in his avatar. LOL

Yeah I saw that

Appears some folks want to stroke the Stern chode at the expense of real people getting mistreated. Seems very selfish IMO & makes me question the reward or motive.

Real people got hosed & if Stern/JJP fail to make it right then a person has 3 options.

1. Violence (not advised)

2. Bend over (not advised)

3. Utilize consumer protections (advised)

Based on this thread it appears a significant number of buyers received a flawed product & have been ignored.

It's quite the impasse.

There's really no civilized mature option to pursue other than small claims.

Or do the downvoters have a constructive option to share? Well, help us out downvoters, what should people do?

The only good to come from this is Whodey & Panzer finally stopped fan boi'n on us all

#3215 4 years ago

I bought my first game in 2006. Back in the RGP days. So I've seen a lot. Not as much as some, but more than others.

This is the first time I've witnessed countless collectors with significant collections tell Stern to eat shit.

Edit: FML, cant spell lol

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Somewhere there's a guy named Sterk reading this and feeling really bad.

Quoted from yancy:

Eat shit, Sterk! ...feels so good to get that off my chest.

Bahahaha, you guys can eat shit too (JK)

#3258 4 years ago

I'd call Stern & the distro then send follow up emails

The call makes you serious & human

The email is to document the unresolved fuckery.

#3261 4 years ago

FYI my strategy worked, for me, last time.

I had a shit AS cabinet & ended up with a new cabinet & the swap was done by a Stern paid tech.

It started with a call to the distro then an email with pics & video.

YMMV

2 weeks later
#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What are rocket appliances? Strap a rocket to my pinball machine?

It’s a Ricky’isim

Trailer Park Boys

Either that or I’m so ruined mentally I look for TPB quotes when they aren’t there.

Someone tell me I’m not losing my mind

Two birds stoned, gnomesing?

2 weeks later
#3897 4 years ago

Dang, still issues?

Pinball is so weird!

It seems like the last 6 new games were released with incomplete code & unresolved PF/QC issues.

Damn. I visit here less & less lately too. Not because of y'all but because it's hard to get excited about shitty service & flawed products.

I dont need trouble & lately pinball is trouble. I'm a married man. If I want trouble I will go ask my wife "what's the matter".

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, but we may be in another steady state again lol. I took your advice from a while back and just bought a GoldenTee 2020 to put in my last pin spot. No dimpling, and no weird QC issues. Just finished setting it up tonight and having a blast so far.
[quoted image]

NOIYCE!

Get er online & let’s play a few rounds

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've never played a Golden Tee believe it or not. It looks pretty cool though and I've seen people play it and could tell that they were really getting into it and having alot of fun.

You need one. Very high replay value. I bought mine in 2017 during the ghosted insert shitfest. So far I’ve updated it every year & I keep it online.

#3954 4 years ago

Billy Mitchell does not play pinball.

We have nothing to worry about.

#4126 4 years ago

When it comes to buying NIB...

1_T8tGc8RTgUbbr8VB2ClNag (resized).jpeg1_T8tGc8RTgUbbr8VB2ClNag (resized).jpeg
#4393 4 years ago

Either I know something y'all dont or y'all know something I dont because I swore folks still had issues after the "fix" of thinner clear & removed art.

Pics & stories of such, if I am not losing my mind, are plentiful.

Orbit guides & other misc parts still have art under them & chipping is occuring.

1 week later
#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some comments from Joe Kaminkow on recent playfield quality when asked about it on the Super Awesome Pinball show.

"For those at home in their underwear and in their wife beaters and drinking PBR and bitch in the words of William Shatner get a life"

Man he got us all wrong.

I figure most of us are in front of the fridge @ 2am stoned to the mother fuck'n bone in our underwear eating cold leftover crab rangoons & watching Ancient Aliens whilst surfing pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=PW79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.