IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4258 4 years ago

If GNR comes out and the playfield issues still persist. People aren't going to forgive a 3rd time. They got 2 huge titles coming out they cannot afford to screw these titles up

1 month later
#4945 4 years ago

There's a sth pro at a local bar. Has literally every main issue that people complain about and the game doesn't even get a huge amount of play. People need to stop saying these issues are normal cause they aren't. It's looking like Playfield protectors are going to become a must the way these new playfields are holding up

1 week later
#5028 4 years ago

If people are planning on keeping games long term. Looks like playfield protectors are going to start becoming mandatory

1 month later
#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can. I have one in Stranger Things. They obviously had an issue with one of their processes. Maybe they found a cheaper way to make them and it didn’t work out? Maybe one of the art/clear vendors they are using started to cheapen their process and it didn’t work out? Who knows.

These playfields put out by Stern over the last couple of years are hands-down the worst quality I've ever seen. We do know the answer why the playfields are garbage. It's cause Stern doesn't give a shit, Plain and simple. They don't stand by thier product and i've been told by Distros if you buy nib and you get a bad playfield there's very little that can be done. Why i only buy used Sterns. Hoping that things will be better for TMNT but i doubt it

#5136 3 years ago

For me going forward any new or used games within the last 6 year i purchase are all getting a playfield protector. I know a lot of people dont like protectors but its sure as hell as has to be better than letting our playfields disintegrate.

1 month later
#5370 3 years ago

Considering people including myself rushed out to buy a ninja turtles I doubt Stern cares. My turtles LE will stay in a box until i can get a playfield protector on it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gonna be hard to install that with the game in the box. Heyo!!!

You got me there. Have an upvote my fine gentleman

3 weeks later
#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The thread was started because of pooling and chipping which has been resolved by both companies, so let's close the thread down.

People with games built within the last few months are still reporting problems. Now at the moment TMNT owners have not reported playfield issues but we'll see when more games are out in the field

#5838 3 years ago

As someone who constantly rags on stern for QC issues. I can honestly say on my tmnt le this is hands down by far the best playfield ive seen from stern in years. Playfield looks and feels like glass. No raised inserts.

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yes, Stern now leave all posts and parts loose on the playfield to stop it happening starting from TMNT

You win some and lose some. I'll take loose parts over a crappy playfield any day of the week.

#5872 3 years ago

I bought a tmnt LE. Had the 1,8,9 diverter issue. Let my distro know i need professional help to get it fixed. By the next day Stern and my distro had someone out to help fix my game. This was my first NIB stern and while my issue was resolved at this point I do not think i will ever buy NIB again which is sad because i was gearing up to buy a JP premium(or LE if i could find used) The frustration i felt having my game out of commission at 0 plays. Well lets just say i have a Newfound respect for those who buy multiple NIB and or waiting for customer service to fix their issues.

#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

In in home tech in 24 hours? That's incredible service IMO
Others on here would kill for that kind of action taken!

I don't buy many games especially newer titles. From past experiences i've read on the forum it seems to be either Stern fixes the problem or they tell you to pound sand. From what i gathered from speaking with customer service. It seems they set up service calls more often than one would think.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was the issue? What fixed the node board errors?

Fixing the diverter solved the issues. If the diverter doesn't work the ball will just keep shooting balls out hoping to load the van and also will keep throwing node errors. I personally think its a flawed design. I'm surprised they didn't program a way to disable the diverter or if it isn't working using virtual locks.

#5907 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Not to sound like a dick or to defend Stern's quality, but that issue sounds pretty minor. I had a friend that wanted to buy a machine but had no interest in learning to fix it. After much back and forth, I convinced him not to buy one. Dive in or get ready for constant frustration. It's always been this way in pinball, but Stern does take it to new highs.

At current prices i expect these games at the very least to work out of the box. I personally know other people that had to hire people to fix that diverter issue as well. My diverter sunk so deep in the game that close to half the playfield had to come off to get it entirely fixed. I have no more skin in the NIB Lottery. I'll let everyone else take their spin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=Mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.