IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 months later
#3087 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not $8-$10k, but did a $4000 and money was there next day.

That's basically a courtesy to the credit card client. Unless it was something obvious like fraudulent activity, the investigation is still pending, and if the vendor makes a solid case and they side with them, they can return the charge to your card as well as potential interest/fees for not having paid it.

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone know how a cc charge back works if the credit card was used through PayPal?

It's basically irrelevant. Paypal wants you to deal with them, but in almost all cases, it's easier and better for you to deal with your CC company. If you are good-willed and patient and have plenty of time left for chargeback, you can try working with Paypal first and if that doesn't work, you can still do the CC chargeback.

1 month later
#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok then explain why in all the dimple pics you Rarely see any in the insert areas only on the painted wood surfaces? It’s the Wood. Yes clear is soft and causes issues (dozen threads to prove that) but not the dimpling.

I'd sooner ask where are the pictures that show dimpling stopping at an insert and continuing on either side? I actually haven't seen those, would like to. But below is one that shows the dimpling running right across the insert.

Some are in the camp that the clear plays no role in dimpling, it's strictly related to the wood, and the wood hasn't change. The observations I've made over dozens of machines of all types suggest this can't be the case. Either the wood isn't consistent, or the clear plays a role in the dimpling too. Pictures like this suggest the latter.

afm-dimples (resized).jpgafm-dimples (resized).jpg

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok fair enough but do you have a picture of an insert Not being directly fired on by a VUK? Can’t help but notice all of the other inserts in your photo do not look dimpled. Heck, even the Wood is tearing up in the spot you chose to illustrate. A photo attached per request of hundreds already posted for clarity.[quoted image]

The only relevant parts of either of our pictures are limited to where the light is hitting at the correct angle. You don't think the rest of the playfield of the pic I posted outside that clearly reflected area is completely dimple free do you? Likewise, your picture of inserts in the "dark" isn't saying anything.

#3863 4 years ago

My point is really more that there has to be something explaining the variability. If you claim it's just the wood, and the wood is consistent, what explains the variability? I think it's likely numerous factors, including inconsistencies in wood and clear.

#3865 4 years ago

Right, there's many factors. That's why it would be more telling to see a picture of a reflected area showing dimples on either side of an insert but not on the insert itself. It seems those should not be difficult to find.

9 months later
#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Someone in one of the g@r threads posted a playfield date of dec 19 2019 I believe . So not sure if the new process was used on the first 100 or so playfields? If any other owners can chime in on some dates and if there are issues that be nice.

In the expo demo, I thought Mirco said his new formula has been in use for a year already. Could have been speaking loosely though and that date is close to that time frame.

Let's keep an eye on newer dated fields...

#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At this point JJP needs considering finding a new playfield manufacturer or bring the process in house. The last thing customers of $7k - $12k+ pinball machines should have to worry about is playfield quality. This issue has affected runs of Dialed In, Pirates, Wonka, and now GNR. 100's of games have been affected over the years. This is a major issue and one that results in a negative impact on resale value. How many chances is JJP going to keep giving Mirco?

You just said this has been going on over many releases, yet sales on successive releases aren't affected. So, why does JJP -need- to do anything?

JJP, or Stern for that matter, doesn't need to do anything until sales are affected. Should we really see these companies as anything other than capitalists? Jack may have had some altruism at some point, like during Hobbit development. But looks like the bean counters are firmly in charge now.

The -real- question is how many chances are buyers going to give JJP or Stern. At this point, the answer is self-evident: the average buyer doesn't see this as a significant enough issue.

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only an idiot would not see this to be a problem. Either that or a fool with too much extra spending money.

You need to inform all NIB buyers how misguided they are.

cloud.gifcloud.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.