IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I stopped by the game exchange today to play a few games on Jurassic Park and this is what I saw, four days in the showroom.[quoted image][quoted image]

Fuuuuuuudge. (Only I didn’t say fudge. I said the word. The big one...).

This is in a showroom? My brain is spinning about 100 mph. I have a JP2 on order and I don’t have any desire to relive the experience I just went through with JJP on my JJPOTC chipping. This stinks.

2 months later
#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

So - in the case that there is bubbling/chipping on the upper right flipper post (as it is on mine), what is the best way to mitigate any further damage? Silicone washer where the post meets the playfield (similar to PoTC)? Mylar under that?

I had a clearcoat+art lifting chip on my POTC near the base of a post. I used a small amount of super glue to lay the chip back down and put a neoprene washer under the post. There wasn’t any damage to the playfield wood on mine though. It was just the clear and art lifted up as a chip separating from the wood underneath and the wood underneath was still smooth.

With this JP2 flipper post it seems like it might be a different issue where there is playfield wood damage caused by the loosened post getting hit and bashing into the side of the post hole? If that’s the case then it seems like the post needs to be secured with threadlock and/or a nut, because any time it comes loose and gets bashed into the side of the post hole it’ll probably do the same thing.

6 months later
#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah they did. At one of the shows Jack was asked and he said it's resolved. He declined to elaborate.
And newer games, like the Wonka CEs, have consistently been reported as fine.
Time to find a new axe to grind.

Here's where Jack was asked about it at 2019 Expo. Fast forward to 52:25 into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3174&v=vdNMZ2cjCV0&feature=emb_logo

2 months later
#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

That's great! With all the talk about using fiber washers, is there a standard size used throughout stern playfields? I guess it depends on whether you use them under various posts or ball guides? Does Lowe's or Home Depot sell them? I used nylon and metal washer combo under the katana entrance for Deadpool pro and it works great. Thanks!

Here are posts showing what I did and what I used under my apron and one of the ball guides on my JP2. Would be really good if manufacturers put washers under ball guides and aprons when they assemble them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/17#post-5225712

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

3 months later
#7111 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here's my damage. Getting this rail up looks pretty involved. Doesn't look terrible but you can feel a ridge with your fingernail.
[quoted image]

You don’t need to take the rail off. All you really need to do is loosen the nut under the playfield holding down the end of the rail. Then if you snip a wedge out of a fiber washer you can just pry the end of the rail up a little bit and use the gap you cut in the washer to slide it under the rail and around the screw. Then just retighten the nut (but not too much).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

#7115 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Christ I can only imagine what the condition of the balls is after hitting this straight on numerous times. I just see them gouged and nicked grinding all over the field during play. Not a smart design at all and should have a rubber sleeved post at the end of it.
[quoted image]

I’ve had the game over a year and the balls in mine haven’t worn any faster than in my other games.

6 months later
#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's something crazy I recently found out. On prototype Pirates playfields JJP actually removed artwork around all posts only to go back to putting artwork around them for production games! They could have "solved" this problem with that one change. The fact they didn't remove the artwork around posts for Wonka and now GNR after knowing the problems they had with Pirates is insane and just shows a level of carelessness that I never thought JJP would display.
[quoted image]

Not sure where you “found this out” but in comparing that playfield pic to the playfield in my machine just now it looks the same with art backed away from the posts. Here’s a pic I just took of my own playfield (and yes I recently waxed so there’s some wax buildup at the base of a few posts that I didn’t get off).

I completely swore off JJP games after the crap customer service I had on my POTC so I’m no fan of theirs at all. But I wanted to post this because it seems to me like the idea that there was art removed on prototypes but not on production might not be correct. Even though I won’t buy a JJP game and don’t give a rip about them I felt a fact check might still be in order here.

5880BFB4-AE68-4729-B910-200A5CFE44DF (resized).jpeg5880BFB4-AE68-4729-B910-200A5CFE44DF (resized).jpeg
#8361 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's something crazy I recently found out. On prototype Pirates playfields JJP actually removed artwork around all posts only to go back to putting artwork around them for production games! They could have "solved" this problem with that one change. The fact they didn't remove the artwork around posts for Wonka and now GNR after knowing the problems they had with Pirates is insane and just shows a level of carelessness that I never thought JJP would display.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey, my playfield. Nice. And for the record that new one and the original with 8000 plays has no issue.

Lol, you gotta be kidding me. I just saw @yelobird's post. You swiped his picture and told a story about it without checking it out, and tried to pass it off as you "finding something out" as though you got some inside scoop somewhere? This happens on Pinside way too much with people spreading around other people's pictures and telling stories that aren't their own and that aren't checked out. Again, I'm not a fan of JJP but I am also not a fan of telling someone else's story or spreading their pictures without any reference to the original person or checking out whether or not it's accurate.

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes I recently found out from Yelobirds post, it was nice he shared it. I never said it was my game, I'm sorry I didn't quote him and his user name! I deleted the part about the prototype playfield as like you said it appears that artwork is indeed removed around production Pirates games.
The picture below is from a Pirates I used to own (please quote and give me credit if using it! lol) and artwork is indeed removed around the sling posts...just not very well.
[quoted image]

So what you posted was inaccurate, and you even had pictures of your own that you could have checked in order to see that what you were about to post was inaccurate? Awesome. I see you've now gone back and removed the pic from your original post and edited that post to remove your statement that JJP removed art from around the posts on prototypes but not on production machines and your conclusion that their whole mess with playfields could have been avoided if they hadn't made that change (the change that didn't happen).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.