IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 185.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

People will tell you it's because its 'evened out'. That bugs me because its bs. I get the logic, lots of tiny dents all flattening out over time but then wheres the obvious ridge when the slightly lower dented area (that's flattened out over time) meets the flat no airball area without any dents, like the out lanes? I've got a stern potc, notorious for airballs, with zero dents, craters pooling etc. Guess you and I are just lucky?

I just took in a POTC for esto. Zero dents on the PF even under the revealing light.

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I just took in a Stern POTC for resto. Zero dents on the PF even under the revealing light.

#3903 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dang, still issues?
Pinball is so weird!
It seems like the last 6 new games were released with incomplete code & unresolved PF/QC issues.
Damn. I visit here less & less lately too. Not because of y'all but because it's hard to get excited about shitty service & flawed products.
I dont need trouble & lately pinball is trouble. I'm a married man. If I want trouble I will go ask my wife "what's the matter".

Yup, but we may be in another steady state again lol. I took your advice from a while back and just bought a GoldenTee 2020 to put in my last pin spot. No dimpling, and no weird QC issues. Just finished setting it up tonight and having a blast so far.

20200115_211217 (resized).jpg20200115_211217 (resized).jpg

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, but we may be in another steady state again lol. I took your advice from a while back and just bought a GoldenTee 2020 to put in my last pin spot. No dimpling, and no weird QC issues. Just finished setting it up tonight and having a blast so far.
[quoted image]

Very cool! How much if you dont mine me asking?

#3905 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Can't argue with Golden Tee.

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very cool! How much if you dont mine me asking?

The one I bought is an open box one used for a weekend at a show, paid $3200 delivered. Lowest prices I found for a new 2020 are $3600 - $3800 delivered. A 2019 and 2020 are the same hardware wise, just need to make sure the 2019 comes with the 2020 upgrade (it should).

The software upgrades are a bit pricey. They are $400 each year (usually come with 5 - 7 new courses) but you don't have to upgrade every year. I think with 2020 there's now 80 - 90 courses on the game so lots to do. There's also online player profiles that keep track of your stats, can view stats on a mobile app, online tournaments, and other online events. You use the keypad on the game to enter a pin to log into your player profile. Up to 4 players can play and enter their own player profile if they want. It's pretty cool overall. Just played a quick 18 holes, now time for work.

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The one I bought is an open box one used for a weekend at a show, paid $3200 delivered. Lowest prices I found for a new 2020 are $3600 - $3800 delivered. A 2019 and 2020 are the same hardware wise, just need to make sure the 2019 comes with the 2020 upgrade (it should).
The software upgrades are a bit pricey. They are $400 each year (usually come with 5 - 7 new courses) but you don't have to upgrade every year. I think with 2020 there's now 80 - 90 courses on the game so lots to do. There's also online player profiles that keep track of your stats, can view stats on a mobile app, online tournaments, and other online events. You use the keypad on the game to enter a pin to log into your player profile. Up to 4 players can play and enter their own player profile if they want. It's pretty cool overall. Just played a quick 18 holes, now time for work.

That is cool. That is the TV and everything for that price right? Is that a wall mount? Also what size screen?

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is cool. That is the TV and everything for that price right? Is that a wall mount? Also what size screen?

Those are prices just for a new cabinet. The official GoldenTee TV stand (bolts to cabinet) is around $400 but a cheap wall mount or TV stand works fine. I bought a wall mount on Amazon for $20 and picked up a 55" TCL 5 series TV at Best Buy for $280.

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Those are prices just for a new cabinet. The official GoldenTee TV stand (bolts to cabinet) is around $400 but a cheap wall mount or TV stand works fine. I bought a wall mount on Amazon for $20 and picked up a 55" TCL 5 series TV at Best Buy for $280.

I've never played a Golden Tee believe it or not. It looks pretty cool though and I've seen people play it and could tell that they were really getting into it and having alot of fun.

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I can see the dimples on your GB in that pic.

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

never played a Golden Tee

I could say the same thing just a month ago. But then a friend was over and I watched him play a game on my multicade and now Golden Tee is the only game played anymore. This multicade has 30 Golden Tee courses total, and a 40 inch screen. (12k games total).

Down the road I do plan to get a regular Golden Tee, just for all the different courses. That and when the JJP playfield issues are fixed maybe another game from them. But 100% whatever AP makes next I want. I love Okt and Hou.

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thats a great game! I was playing that with a bunch of friends at a bar a few weeks ago. Scored a hole in one.. Was very excited! haha

#3913 4 years ago

Question for you guys who have a Willy Wonka machine. I am on the fence of getting one and of course worried about clear coat issues. (all my machines have tons of dimples, so thats not a concern).

For WW, is there a "safe" build date to look for or certain production dates to avoid? Or anything after a certain time period?

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For WW, is there a "safe" build date to look for or certain production dates to avoid? Or anything after a certain time period?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys who have a Willy Wonka machine. I am on the fence of getting one and of course worried about clear coat issues. (all my machines have tons of dimples, so thats not a concern).

Best advice I can give is to find a nice used one that you can inspect closely prior to purchase. Failing that, maybe you have a local distributor and you can get one of their demo machines, or possibly have them unbox your game so you can inspect it prior to taking possession. Though my preference would always be a used game with some mileage on it so lurking issues are more likely to have shown up.

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've never played a Golden Tee believe it or not. It looks pretty cool though and I've seen people play it and could tell that they were really getting into it and having alot of fun.

Get one of these and see how much your friends love pinball.
This is by far, the most played game we own. Easy to learn, hard to master. Very addictive.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I don't know dude...I googled "QC issues Golden Tee" and a bunch of stuff came up!!!

Hope your track ball doesn't malfunction. Seems to be an issue!!!!

#3918 4 years ago

I can see the dimples on your GB in that pic.

Lol. I'll admit that out of all my current games I bought NIB Ghostbusters Premium has had the least number of problems, really none. All 4 of my JJP games have had some issue that needed a fix, most due to poor quality control. Pirates surprisingly had the least issues, including no playfield issues thankfully. I just need a break from the NIB headaches.

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

always_vid (resized).pngalways_vid (resized).png
#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Best advice I can give is to find a nice used one that you can inspect closely prior to purchase. Failing that, maybe you have a local distributor and you can get one of their demo machines, or possibly have them unbox your game so you can inspect it prior to taking possession. Though my preference would always be a used game with some mileage on it so lurking issues are more likely to have shown up.

If anything id make an arrangement with the distributor that if I see any playfield issues, the machine is going back to them. If im buying a NIB, there should be no issues like this. And with these issues being known, it should be something to agree to..

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If anything id make an arrangement with the distributor that if I see any playfield issues, the machine is going back to them. If im buying a NIB, there should be no issues like this. And with these issues being known, it should be something to agree to..

Good luck finding a distributor that would give you such an open ended guarantee without a significant restocking charge.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good luck finding a distributor that would give you such an open ended guarantee without a significant restocking charge.

I had big issues with my WOZ when I bought it. The next day I called and explained and they swapped it for another NIB machine. That was good of them. So there is hope! ha

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Safe build dates October 2019

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

NOIYCE!

Get er online & let’s play a few rounds

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You need one. Very high replay value. I bought mine in 2017 during the ghosted insert shitfest. So far I’ve updated it every year & I keep it online.

#3925 4 years ago

Golden tee and dimpling... several pages of garbage. I don't and never will consider dimpling a playfield issue. My bksor le has around 200 games on it... There are dimples.. as expected likewise with my other older titles. I'll drop back in when this thread gets back on track re actual pf issues. It has been extremely helpful thread for many community members pre dimpling discussion. When people start to complain about the (age old) minor stuff the real issues get lost. Various degrees of dimpling has been around since the beginning of time

Golden tee is cool btw but why are we reading about it here.

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Golden tee is cool btw but why are we reading about it here.

Thanks for posting that. I just went and found a club here for GT, and I had never thought to look.

And I know this is not about dimpling, it is about pooling and chipping and other problems, so I agree there are a lot of posts off topic.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I don't and never will consider dimpling a playfield issue.

Might I interest you in a super low play BM66?

dd441f3f7ee5ff9587bf4a42d82dc9ca58987e81 (resized).jpgdd441f3f7ee5ff9587bf4a42d82dc9ca58987e81 (resized).jpg
#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Might I interest you in a super low play BM66?[quoted image]

The magnet too?!?!? I don't think I have seen that yet.

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Mine looked a lot like that before I sent it down the road, but in this case, the pic I pulled from another thread, it almost looks like it could be water drops on the glass.

Not sure though, because it does look a lot like mine did.

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wtf!

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I'm with you Panzer.

Super chexx ice showing up on 21st.

Golden tee is next for me too!

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mine looked a lot like that before I sent it down the road, but in this case, the pic I pulled from another thread, it almost looks like it could be water drops on the glass.

If you just blow it up a bit you can see it is the magnet and surround getting dinged up.

Looks like someone used it for target practice using their Red Ryder.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm with you Panzer.

Me, you, Panzer, and PW can get online and battle it out iceman! We can play skins!

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Yeah most TWDs have wear on the soft magnets but that BM must have the softest magnet ever... usually it takes quite a while before it gets some shallow dents but that one does look like it took some buckshot somewhere down the line.

At least the ramp flaps didn't dimple right away like we're now seeing on SThings. That's kinda ugly.

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Golden tee and dimpling... several pages of garbage.

Those who can, do. Those who can’t play Golden Tee.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Safe build dates October 2019

Thanks! That seems to be the agreed upon date from researching..

#3937 4 years ago

Im actually surprised that there was never a Golden Tee pin.

#3938 4 years ago

Im actually surprised that there was never a Golden Tee pin.

Yeah. After playing it a bunch of GT these past 2 days I can see why a lot of pinball fans like it. While GT is basically a computer game it still has a physical element to it like pinball. The computer part allows online play to be standardized so that every game plays the same and can't really be cheated.

I would love to see the stat tracking, online, and player profile features of GT come to pinball. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't at this point. I can see Stern being the first to implement something like this. Preventing cheating will be a concern though.

Sorry for all the GT posts, hopefully it's a sign that playfield issues are resolved on current builds!

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. After playing it a bunch of GT these past 2 days I can see why a lot of pinball fans like it. While GT is basically a computer game it still has a physical element to it like pinball. The computer part allows online play to be standardized so that every game plays the same and can't really be cheated.
I would love to see the stat tracking, online, and player profile features of GT come to pinball. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't at this point. I can see Stern being the first to implement something like this. Preventing cheating will be a concern though.
Sorry for all the GT posts, hopefully it's a sign that playfield issues are resolved on current builds!

The cheating is the main problem and of course, all games play differently and people tweak their machines. It would never be apples to apples unfortunately.

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm with you Panzer.

I’ve got two of them (Miracle on Ice and Rangers/Flyers)and amongst the under 30 crowd, it’s by far the #1 game.

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The cheating is the main problem and of course, all games play differently and people tweak their machines. It would never be apples to apples unfortunately.

Yeah. I wonder if Stern and or JJP could implement an online mode for games that only works if the game itself recognizes the correct pitch (within a certain degree), and that the glass is on. The glass part could be pulled off by some type of marker on the glass and or the lockdown bar / glass channel at the top of the game both detecting that the glass is there.

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. I wonder if Stern and or JJP could implement an online mode for games that only works if the game itself recognizes the correct pitch (within a certain degree), and that the glass is on. The glass part could be pulled off by some type of marker on the glass and or the lockdown bar / glass channel at the top of the game both detecting that the glass is there.

Maybe if they could come up with a way to do a tamper proof RFID tag on both sides of the glass so the tag would have to be within a certain proximity of the sensor, but won't work with the glass off the machine.

#3943 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Im sure they could figure something out.

#3944 4 years ago

Anything they can do someone can find a workaround for. Just take the glass off, block off the outlanes and put glass back on.

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

#3946 4 years ago

And what happens when someone wires the super jackpot switch or important ramp switch to the sling shots? Well the glass is on, so must not be any cheating!

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

And what happens when someone wires the super jackpot switch or important ramp switch to the sling shots? Well the glass is on, so must not be any cheating!

Good to see you here Keith,hope your feeling well.For me the online components would be for software updates and high scores.
Oh by the way,anymore cool Wonka updates on the way?I’m loving this Wonka and Kaneda don’t know shit!

#3948 4 years ago

People cheat at everything, no idea why people think it would matter in Pinball. Just give me a friends list, DNF, basic ranking and your good to go. Online play in Pinball would be a piece of cake you wouldn’t even need to be in sync, shit you wouldn’t even need a simultaneous connection. The other person doesn’t even need to be online and you wouldn’t even know.

#3949 4 years ago

The easiest way to stop cheating would have to be timestamped and game id stamped camera footage available via cloud to verify any games in question. Of course any sensor (like pitch) could be altered to show different readings.

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

The easiest way to stop cheating would have to be timestamped and game id stamped camera footage available via cloud to verify any games in question. Of course any sensor (like pitch) could be altered to show different readings.

If that’s the “easiest” it ain’t happening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,600 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/79?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.