IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 185.
#3251 4 years ago

Stern who?

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Stern dont care nor do distribuor. My GB pre as a issues with playfield chipping. Talked to stern and dis. Its been a year and nothing. Trash company and crooked dis.

Who’s the distributor so we stay away?

#3253 4 years ago

At one point last year I was a potential buyer for at least 2 of 4 Stern Machines I had either been eyeing or anticipating.

Now, I am planning on picking up a Spooky and a couple of used machines.

No way I am sigining up for the treatment Stern is doling out to their customers.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I ordered my ACNC at beginning of August and got it last week. That's 5 months. Early adopters are going to have a longer wait. And I love it just as much as Munsters. With the way the code is progressing, maybe a little more...

I actually like ACNC alot also. It's their best game by far. Really really great game for sure.

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They arent the only game in town but they kind of are. JJP is too expensive for many people and they also have quality problems and they have proven that they dont give a shit about their customers.
Spooky, it will take you a year to get your game, IF you can even get one and their games arent as fun as Sterns games either.
CGC is the best company out there but they only make remakes. If they start making their own games and they are good, they could really hurt Stern big time..
Deeproot....we will see what happens there. They are big talkers and they plan on taking a nice piece of the pie from Stern but so far they are just all talk.
Stern could bury them all except CGC if they wasnt so stupid. All they have to do is up their quality and they smash the competition but for some reason they don't seem to care about doing that. Stern makes killer games but their quality and terrible customer service is definitely hurting them. I am personally afraid to buy anything from them right now and I'm also pissed about their customer service so I won't buy right now because of that either.

Maybe they're looking for an exit strategy, maybe they're focused on maximising profit vs cost ratio to be attractive to investors, etc. Either way they seem to think they can get away with it, and it's possible they might.

You're pretty much right though when you say they're not the only game in town but sortof are. They're the ones cranking out multiple new theme pins every year. If you choose not to buy from them - and if you're been burnt or care about you're going to be treated you shouldn't - then you're basically saying that you're not going to be buying NIB pins for the forseeable future. CGC and JJP don't crank out games with anything like the same pace, and the latter has had issues too.

People kick up a big stink about not buying from Stern in the future, but I wonder how many of those people will cave when they bring out a theme that attracts them. Words on forums cost nothing, but FOMO is a helluva drug.

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just sent my second email today, after two months of crickets. Would emails every day do anything?

Pick up the phone and call Sterk/Stern. Calling , after getting out of an automated attendant, provides instant two-way communication. No waiting for a response that may never come.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Spooky, it will take you a year to get your game, IF you can even get one and their games arent as fun as Sterns games either.

Well, I absolutely Love my ACNC. I think it's the funnest game I have! Yes, I waited 18 months because I ordered right away. But I knew that going in. Spooky customer service is great! I was going to buy a NIB JP pro, but decided to grab a used Hobbit instead. It's built like a tank and as heavy as hell. I know J.J. has had some C.C. issues as well, but they are sending me a free Hobbit upgrade kit (because of build date) even though I'm the 3rd owner and warranty is long worn off. So apparently they care somewhat.

#3258 4 years ago

I'd call Stern & the distro then send follow up emails

The call makes you serious & human

The email is to document the unresolved fuckery.

#3259 4 years ago

Just received a reply back from my third email. I'll call in a week or so or report my response if I get one.

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

My sentiments exactly. I was going to buy a JP for my wife (she's a FREAK for anything about that film!) but thanks to Stern's attitude towards their customers who needed support, no thanks. I'm done with anything Stern puts out.

A CGC game will be my next nib when I have the cash. Stern isn’t getting my money, not when friends of mine have games with chipping and no response for months. I ain’t joining that club.

#3261 4 years ago

FYI my strategy worked, for me, last time.

I had a shit AS cabinet & ended up with a new cabinet & the swap was done by a Stern paid tech.

It started with a call to the distro then an email with pics & video.

YMMV

#3262 4 years ago

I think folks need to start naming distributors who are not doing their jobs as distributors. I think you will find some pretty popular ones that seem to "lose" emails about customer service problems, yet respond in 5 minutes to a sales inquiry.

#3263 4 years ago

I have a lot of dimpling but luckily that is all so far. How long after it goes out of production are playfields available for sale?

#3264 4 years ago

Jack and I are still in regular communication. My case is still open.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Jack and I are still in regular communication. My case is still open.

He probably has bigger issues to take care of. And you're just a small town guy, after all.

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

He probably has bigger issues to take care of. And you're just a small town guy, after all.

I guess I was just lucky as far as JJP is concerned.My distributor Flipnout pinball took care
of the issues I had.

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess I was just lucky as far as JJP is concerned.My distributor Flipnout pinball took care
of the issues I had.

What issues did you have? Curious what was done.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I have a lot of dimpling but luckily that is all so far. How long after it goes out of production are playfields available for sale?

To clarify. When are Stern playfields available to buy? Iron Maiden

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

FYI, that one will dimple too.

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

FYI, that one will dimple too.

But will it crater?

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

But will it crater?

That will cost you extra!

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

But will it crater?

Possibly..

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

While they are in production you can buy them. Generally through a distributor. After they go out of production you will often see them with places like GAP, marco, etc.

#3274 4 years ago

Seems some have short memories.
Those getting all excited over a potential stranger Things release.
Using festive cheer + pearls of wisdom from Bad Santa, the guys in customer services can teabag my nut sack.... i know they are busy but it’s been the same for a while now. Same treatment to many other customers, bit unfair.
Ignoring emails - way to go. I sent correspondence months ago....I wasn’t asking for much, if anything, only a price on an unpopulated replacement IMDN playfield for my NIB, for when things inevitably worsen, I can swap it out. Pooled to the Max on every post. Purchased new by me.
Anyway........
In the meantime let me help you with your new pending release cabinet artwork to show no hard feelings:
I’m sure it will be Awesome

Hopper cereal eater - LE
Dustin toothless wonder - Premium
Eleven blood snot blob - Pro
3198E1DA-B2CB-4815-A44A-39A94F957545 (resized).jpeg3198E1DA-B2CB-4815-A44A-39A94F957545 (resized).jpeg4A270011-9507-4659-A570-626042FA0FE2 (resized).png4A270011-9507-4659-A570-626042FA0FE2 (resized).png83AF225E-954C-411E-9DAE-A724862F41B8 (resized).jpeg83AF225E-954C-411E-9DAE-A724862F41B8 (resized).jpeg

#3275 4 years ago

I'm gonna wait for the Eleven Blood 'Double' Snot Blob - Pro Vault Edition!
main-qimg-534b520db90a31e97052748aebd097d4 (resized).jpgmain-qimg-534b520db90a31e97052748aebd097d4 (resized).jpg

#3276 4 years ago

Going to be a long time before I lose that bad taste in my mouth when I think of the jacked up JPPro Stern sent me. On the bright side, not a damn scratch on the Golden Tee 2020, and the online tournaments are sweet. Pinballs should do that too. Think I’ll pick up a Pump It Up next. Lots of temptations other than pinball loot crates ^_^

178E5D2D-611B-44E8-AE20-588F1BC72F0A (resized).jpeg178E5D2D-611B-44E8-AE20-588F1BC72F0A (resized).jpeg
#3277 4 years ago

As some of you know when I got my Jurassic Park from Stern the playfield had pooling. This is what it looks like now in the home environment.

30D79E8F-C2AE-4044-ABB4-3F5FE22F064A (resized).jpeg30D79E8F-C2AE-4044-ABB4-3F5FE22F064A (resized).jpeg8427F816-8D1D-4D3D-8481-9DF05FA86A7E (resized).jpeg8427F816-8D1D-4D3D-8481-9DF05FA86A7E (resized).jpegE7CC4022-2AF1-4333-A6A0-235BBFCE0BA3 (resized).jpegE7CC4022-2AF1-4333-A6A0-235BBFCE0BA3 (resized).jpeg
#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

As some of you know when I got my Jurassic Park from Stern the playfield had pooling. This is what it looks like now in the home environment.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays is on it now? It doesn’t look terrible but its still unacceptable for a new game and it will no doubt keep getting worse. I think pooling around the small posts is the worse area because the ball really smacks those posts hard and causes a lot of stress on the playfield.

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

As some of you know when I got my Jurassic Park from Stern the playfield had pooling. This is what it looks like now in the home environment.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

and what is stern's response to your problem??

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

and what is stern's response to your problem?

They will pretend it didn't happen and they will launch a new game with the same issues. Perhaps a Price increase, too.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Going to be a long time before I lose that bad taste in my mouth when I think of the jacked up JPPro Stern sent me. On the bright side, not a damn scratch on the Golden Tee 2020, and the online tournaments are sweet. Pinballs should do that too. Think I’ll pick up a Pump It Up next. Lots of temptations other than pinball loot crates ^_^[quoted image]

Nice! I've been contemplating buying a GoldenTee 2020 as well. Sounds like a fun addition to the game room.

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is a $500+ price drop plus it will scare off a large percentage of future buyers.

Replacement playfield is only way to not take a hit now - unfortunately.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Gross, you'll probably not get a response just like most of us.

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many plays is on it now? It doesn’t look terrible but its still unacceptable for a new game and it will no doubt keep getting worse. I think pooling around the small posts is the worse area because the ball really smacks those posts hard and causes a lot of stress on the playfield.

149 to date. I do have pooling around the small post and others. Those areas have not chipped yet but I know they are going to.

CBE9EDCB-1A30-4E85-8E9A-7EDCD54C70AE (resized).jpegCBE9EDCB-1A30-4E85-8E9A-7EDCD54C70AE (resized).jpeg
#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

and what is stern's response to your problem??

I have had my distributor dealing with Stern. I did not contact them directly because they NEVER respond to my emails. My distributor told me I would get a new unpopulated playfield. That was back in early November. He has checked with them a few times about sending one out to me.

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I hope Stern offers a fully populated playfield replacement. That is not acceptable.

#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

There is a $500 price drop plus it will scare off a large percentage of future buyers.
Replacement playfield is only way to not take a hit now - unfortunately.

I agree. I have done a few playfield swaps and they roughly take 40-60 hours when you do them. It really sucks that I’ll have to do all the work for a NIB game that had the issue to start with (chipping).

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope Stern offers a fully populated playfield replacement. That is not acceptable.

They won’t. They don’t care. Why would they help me out? I’ve only bought 19 NIB games from them in the last 10 years. I’m just a number like everyone else. Unless you are in the industry or know someone at Stern they are not going to go the extra mile. They are more worried about getting games on the line then fixing issues that go out the door.
I told my distributor I would not buy Elvira and now Stranger Things. I’m not going to buy a new game from them to repopulate another playfield. My time and money are too valuable.
When I do repopulate it, assuming I still get a playfield, I am going to stream it and put it up on YouTube and Facebook. At least it’s will help those effected.

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm not trying to be a wise guy or anything but I'm a relative noob and want to understand what I'm looking at.

Is the problem in the photos around the lower post, with the metal washer under it?
It looks like the blue paint around the post has chipped and that's what the white areas are?

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wasn't Stern's response to "fixing" the issue by placing washers under the post?? Yet, you have a JP with washers under it, and it's still pooling and chipping..........

Good job stern! *sarcasm*

Hope you get this issue corrected!

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Wasn't Stern's response to "fixing" the issue by placing washers under the post?? Yet, you have a JP with washers under it, and it's still pooling and chipping..

They won't even fix their Coil Stop issues.

And that would be about as easy as anything to fix...just stop using cheap shit parts.

Instead, they just keep on churning out crap with higher and higher price points.

#3292 4 years ago

For what it’s worth, my Premium JP has no issues that I can see.

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I'm not trying to be a wise guy or anything but I'm a relative noob and want to understand what I'm looking at.
Is the problem in the photos around the lower post, with the metal washer under it?
It looks like the blue paint around the post has chipped and that's what the white areas are?

Likely the paint/clear flaking aka paint chips

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

For what it’s worth, my Premium JP has no issues that I can see.

That’s great. I have also made comments like this for some of my other games. It doesn’t help the people that have issues though. I am not the only one with this issue.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have had my distributor dealing with Stern. I did not contact them directly because they NEVER respond to my emails. My distributor told me I would get a new unpopulated playfield. That was back in early November. He has checked with them a few times about sending one out to me.

Anything less than a new populated playfield in your case is totally unacceptable. If your distro cant get that for you i would email and call stern and keep raising hell. Your distributor doesnt sound like much of a fightet, i would dump his or her ass also.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Likely the paint/clear flaking aka paint chips

I wonder why they wouldn't design the artwork around the post with a little buffer space and a black line, like they did around the other slingshot parts?

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I wonder why they wouldn't design the artwork around the post with a little buffer space and a black line, like they did around the other slingshot parts?

They do now. It was never a problem before, and (to me at least) looks a lot better when the art is seamless around playfield features.

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They will pretend it didn't happen and they will launch a new game with the same issues. Perhaps a Price increase, too.

LMAO!!!! Just like mine.

#3299 4 years ago

I may have to wait over a year for my Rick and Morty, but still sounds a lot better than waiting on a replacement playfield from any of these jackwads.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They won’t. They don’t care. Why would they help me out? I’ve only bought 19 NIB games from them in the last 10 years. I’m just a number like everyone else. Unless you are in the industry or know someone at Stern they are not going to go the extra mile. They are more worried about getting games on the line then fixing issues that go out the door.
I told my distributor I would not buy Elvira and now Stranger Things. I’m not going to buy a new game from them to repopulate another playfield. My time and money are too valuable.
When I do repopulate it, assuming I still get a playfield, I am going to stream it and put it up on YouTube and Facebook. At least it’s will help those effected.

It's shocking that the company culture hasn't evolved to be more collector friendly. I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years with many NIB purchases (though not quite as many as you).

I realize all customers should be treated with respect, but you'd think Stern would recognize/reward loyalty? Can't believe they don't engage with you. If all 19 NIB games were purchased from the same distributor, then it's even more shocking the distributor isn't able to help you.

I do think the very early adopters end up taking the biggest risk. My JP2 Premium was built 11/22 and Stern seems to have worked out many of the build issues. The coil stops are still an issue, however (which is bizarre it hasn't been corrected yet).

It's very clear that time-to-market encourages many missteps. If they don't want to slow down, you'd think they would have QA/insurance budget set aside to help folks that get a flawed build. Not suggesting Stern should roll over on all issues/requests, but not engaging with both you & the distributor is just unacceptable.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/66?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.