IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 185.
#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cancel your order yet?

Hahaha, not sure he want's to do that

1 week later
#3152 4 years ago

hope the PF issues get sorted soon

#3153 4 years ago

Might be a good idea to file a claim a solid 6-12 mos before actually purchasing.

That way after Stern drags shit out for 6-12 mos it’s OK.

I am going to start emailing them now about my TMNT play field

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Might be a good idea to file a claim a solid 6-12 mos before actually purchasing.
That way after Stern drags shit out for 6-12 mos it’s OK.
I am going to start emailing them now about my TMNT play field

Ask them if the Harry Potter sample playfields are a go.

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

True enough. Visa is looking into my Mad Max and Jaws pf issues. Proactively and whatnot.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I did

They said whatever issue I have with Harry Potter is normal, does not affect game play & Who Dey ain't get'n shit from em.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I did
They said whatever issue I have with Harry Potter is normal, does not affect game play & Who Dey ain't get'n shit from em.

Sounds legit.

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

& Who Dey ain't get'n shit from em.

They're making that pretty obvious. That's exactly why I haven't ordered my JP Premium yet also, waiting to see what they are going to do about my chipped playfield.

#3159 4 years ago

Just noticed this on my Gb that I just purchased in late June.

E8A8ECF3-EC7E-41C4-BC2A-C631A0B12E0B (resized).jpegE8A8ECF3-EC7E-41C4-BC2A-C631A0B12E0B (resized).jpegF9F9F40B-EBC7-496F-819C-BCC9C9C64EBD (resized).jpegF9F9F40B-EBC7-496F-819C-BCC9C9C64EBD (resized).jpeg
#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Just noticed this on my Gb that I just purchased in late June.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you purchase new?

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They're making that pretty obvious. That's exactly why I haven't ordered my JP Premium yet also, waiting to see what they are going to do about my chipped playfield.

Missed it, but did you have pooling or some precursor to chipping? My SW looks fine but not sure if it’s something that happens only if there is pooling.

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you purchase new?

I bought it from Nitro it was one of there showroom machines. So it had a few plays on it

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I bought it from Nitro it was one of there showroom machines. So it had a few plays on it

What did Nitro say when you reported it to them?

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What did Nitro say when you reported it to them?

I sent them photos and video 2 days ago with no response yet!! Hoping they get back to me ASAP

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I sent them photos and video 2 days ago with no response yet!! Hoping they get back to me ASAP

I’d suggest also reporting it to Stern with pics. My distributor ignored my issues and I only got some traction when I dealt with Stern directly.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’d suggest also reporting it to Stern with pics. My distributor ignored my issues and I only got some traction when I dealt with Stern directly.

I dealt directly with Zach @ Flipnout and he took care of my issues himself.I guess I was lucky I picked the right distro

#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

We have not received your email. Please resend. Thx!

#3168 4 years ago

I recently played an iron maiden at a club.
Fun game to play with lots of nice shots.
No pooling around the posts, but the playfield looked pretty much like the Surface of a golfball.

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I recently played an iron maiden at a club.
Fun game to play with lots of nice shots.
No pooling around the posts, but the playfield looked pretty much like the Surface of a golfball.

Don't worry... even these new (sometimes pretty soft) PF's will "even out"

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Have you had any luck with that?

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I dealt directly with Zach @ Flipnout and he took care of my issues himself.I guess I was lucky I picked the right distro

Prices are too dang high.

#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Prices are too dang high.

Pinball is expensive,I’m just commenting on the great support I got from Flipnout Pinball

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Just noticed this on my Gb that I just purchased in late June.[quoted image][quoted image]

had the same issue on mine....I put a piece of mylar down over it...although yours is twice as big

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't worry... even these new (sometimes pretty soft) PF's will "even out"

I think the SAM and Whitestar ones are getting close.

fgy (resized).pngfgy (resized).pngt3 (resized).pngt3 (resized).png
#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Have you had any luck with that?

I was persistent, but they offered me either a populated replacement playfield to switch out or an extra unpopulated playfield for my Metallica. The clearcoat cracks were pretty bad, though mostly in one outlane area.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think the SAM and Whitestar ones are getting close.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sure I'll be dead before my Walking Dead ever "evens out". There's some poetry in that I'm sure.

My LOTR started hard... STAYED HARD! The little blue pill of Stern PF's. TSPP also has maintained it's rigidity.

Hey B... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think the SAM and Whitestar ones are getting close.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've got a March 2007 Family Guy that was highly routed when I got it 4 years ago and it has zero dimpling anywhere. Lucky I guess.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm sure I'll be dead before my Walking Dead ever "evens out". There's some poetry in that I'm sure.
My LOTR started hard... STAYED HARD! The little blue pill of Stern PF's. TSPP also has maintained it's rigidity.
Hey B... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. I hope you had a chance to relax and listen to a podcast or two.

#3179 4 years ago

Anyone get a new populated PF yet?

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ha...you meant to say has anyone even got a phone call back from Stern yet right?

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ha...you meant to say has anyone even got a phone call back from Stern yet right?

Aren’t those defects the new normal!!!

Good luck to getting them to do much. For the rare few that do - congrats.

The are cranking out the volume (with sub standard quality) - before the drop in market happens. Greed is good for them - but will only last so long before they will get back to lower volumes and higher quality focus.

Question is when ??????

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Aren’t those defects the new normal!!!
Good luck to getting them to do much. For the rare few that do - congrats.
The are cranking out the volume (with sub standard quality) - before the drop in market happens. Greed is good for them - but will only last so long before they will get back to lower volumes and higher quality focus.
Question is when ??????

They have lost out on two games from me personally just because they don't have the courtesy to even respond to me. My money is going toward a Super Chexx Pro and a CGC game.

#3183 4 years ago

Take Stern to small claims court?

If the old PF's were fine & normal then the new ones wouldnt have thinner clear & art removed from posts.

The washers on the old Pro's are also further evidence of shenanigans.

Stern doesn't have to admit guilt. The production changes are damming enough?

I would imagine a judge would be like "oh cool, pinball. Oh shit, that's terrible. Ah so the manufacturer found the issue, implimented changes on new games but ignored the owners affected, not cool"

I doubt a judge would say "looks normal, go fuck yerself"

#3184 4 years ago

Michigan Small Claims Court limit is $5k per "disagreement".

#3185 4 years ago

From my observations of JJP Wonka posts,it seems they’ve changed the process and new playfields are looking good

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The newer games are obviously more than 5K as a whole, but what about just the populated playfield?

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

IL = $10K if Google led me straight.

Dang. Oh well, get $5K & a shitty game!

#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Take Stern to small claims court?
If the old PF's were fine & normal then the new ones wouldnt have thinner clear & art removed from posts.
The washers on the old Pro's are also further evidence of shenanigans.
Stern doesn't have to admit guilt. The production changes are damming enough?
I would imagine a judge would be like "oh cool, pinball. Oh shit, that's terrible. Ah so the manufacturer found the issue, implimented changes on new games but ignored the owners affected, not cool"
I doubt a judge would say "looks normal, go fuck yerself"

Love that one of the downvoters actually has Gary in his avatar. LOL

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Sounds like its time for a new distributor!

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Not me. I emailed them and was told it is "backordered". From what I hear, best chance is sometime in Jan.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Beat me to it.

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah I saw that

Appears some folks want to stroke the Stern chode at the expense of real people getting mistreated. Seems very selfish IMO & makes me question the reward or motive.

Real people got hosed & if Stern/JJP fail to make it right then a person has 3 options.

1. Violence (not advised)

2. Bend over (not advised)

3. Utilize consumer protections (advised)

Based on this thread it appears a significant number of buyers received a flawed product & have been ignored.

It's quite the impasse.

There's really no civilized mature option to pursue other than small claims.

Or do the downvoters have a constructive option to share? Well, help us out downvoters, what should people do?

The only good to come from this is Whodey & Panzer finally stopped fan boi'n on us all

#3193 4 years ago

How has Spooky been dealing with games shipped with playfield issues?

I know Stern has been doing SFA and is just fine with shipping defective games and not replacing/fixing issues so I'm out for any of their future games.

But with R&M coming from Spooky may be interested if they stand behind their products?

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

How has Spooky been dealing with games shipped with playfield issues?
I know Stern has been doing SFA and is just fine with shipping defective games and not replacing/fixing issues so I'm out for any of their future games.
But with R&M coming from Spooky may be interested if they stand behind their products?

I know some TnA users had/ have issues, but I haven't heard of any problems with ACNC. My Alice playfield doesn't have anything like what is going on with Stern and JJP.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I know some TnA users had/ have issues, but I haven't heard of any problems with ACNC. My Alice playfield doesn't have anything like what is going on with Stern and JJP.

New JJP playfields are looking good since October builds

#3196 4 years ago

My Elvira looks good, just received premium Monday. Thinner clear, no artwork around posts.

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Thats good they fixed it, but what about the games they shipped with the defective ones, did they make the owners whole by replacing the playfields? I honestly havent been flowing what happened with the Spooky games/owners.

Manufacturing issues happen but I'm only buying NIB from companies that stand behind their products from now on.

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Not me. I emailed them and was told it is "backordered". From what I hear, best chance is sometime in Jan.

I believe they are making Stranger things already...hence the "backorder".

#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats good they fixed it, but what about the games they shipped with the defective ones, did they make the owners whole by replacing the playfields? I honestly havent been flowing what happened with the Spooky games/owners.
Manufacturing issues happen but I'm only buying NIB from companies that stand behind their products from now on.

I read through the TNA threads and it looks like playfields did go out to those that had issues.

I will also add that any correspondence I have had with Spooky has been answered quickly and professionally. They are a small company that takes care of their customers.

#3200 4 years ago

For what it is worth my distributor (Nitro) submitted my IMDNLE pictures to Stern last Wednesday and first thing this morning I received word that Stern has agreed to send me a replacement unpopulated playfield.

So maybe their process has matured and PF supply improved, at least with regard to IMDN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.