Topic Stats

• 4,784 posts
  • 488 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 497 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6F6F326D-1221-4AE8-9943-708E9388F837 (resized).jpeg
BD45A0B9-BE54-4779-8D3E-8AE161D97B70 (resized).jpeg
your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
a31c54f1f88ffa0cc0db3c0c18ac5a9fd238f394 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
fAd1haR (resized).png
celt2 (resized).jpg
pin (resized).PNG
20200211_nnnnnn (resized).png
20200209_121933 (resized).png
20200209_121924 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pin (resized).PNG
JJP.gif
BAE30384-B8F8-40C0-A04B-71459454EDB2 (resized).jpeg
E45B2711-C894-4270-BF80-6297D331FFE9 (resized).jpeg

There are 4784 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 96.
#2801 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Wish we had more choices for a quality and good value pinball, but right now that only leaves 1 new (not remake) game a year from Spooky.

Actually 2. AP games are very fun and no playfield issues.

#2802 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Actually 2. AP games are very fun and no playfield issues.

I owned a American Pinball Houdini briefly and sold it to buy another due to a playfield flaw. I Contacted them and they never replied or acknowledged the issue. Same problem of clear coated binding to whatever is above it eventually cracking/damaging pf. Piece chipped off and I reglued it.

9D4E9D32-614F-454E-AFFA-C3E888BC5E92 (resized).jpegC46C1715-247E-4118-8680-090B31335FC8 (resized).jpeg24E28045-2F31-4BA8-B740-F4ABADC2E253 (resized).jpeg
#2803 3 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The cabinets are rock solid now, thicker and better quality as well as the added leg brackets and also now added angle metal brackets on the top inside corners under the lockbar.

I'm glad to hear that, but they didn't *need* all that just to have a solid cabinet until recently

#2804 3 months ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I'm glad to hear that, but they didn't *need* all that just to have a solid cabinet until recently

Correct, but the cabinets themselves are better construction, better wood material and thicker plywood. It’s worth noting these cabinets started “after” Deadpool.

#2805 3 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Correct, but the cabinets themselves are better construction, better wood material and thicker plywood. It’s worth noting these cabinets started “after” Deadpool.

I thought the cabinet base/floor was the only difference ?

#2806 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It does appear thin. Under the right lighting, you can see on mine the difference in height of the different colors of the graphics printed on it. The clear is not thick enough to fill in that height difference.

FYI You can clearly see the new thin clear coat Stern is using on the SDTM Elvira review video. The clip where someone is giving a tour of the playfield many places you can see rings around the inserts.

This concerning to me.

#2807 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I owned a American Pinball Houdini briefly and sold it to buy another due to a playfield flaw. I Contacted them and they never replied or acknowledged the issue. Same problem of clear coated binding to whatever is above it eventually cracking/damaging pf. Piece chipped off and I reglued it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks. They will not be around much more with that kind of service.

#2808 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I owned a American Pinball Houdini briefly and sold it to buy another due to a playfield flaw. I Contacted them and they never replied or acknowledged the issue. Same problem of clear coated binding to whatever is above it eventually cracking/damaging pf. Piece chipped off and I reglued it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sounds like American Pinball and Stern took the same customer service class....

#2809 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The last two tickets I submitted to JJP weren't answered. The first one was submitted ~ a month ago. The second one was submitted 3 weeks ago.
Nothing. NADA. ZIP. Sales on the other hand has never been a problem.
I've given up on asking for any support from them. I own this machine lock stock and barrel. Pinside is my support channel now for this game.

#2810 3 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The last two tickets I submitted to JJP weren't answered. The first one was submitted ~ a month ago. The second one was submitted 3 weeks ago.
Nothing. NADA. ZIP. Sales on the other hand has never been a problem.
I've given up on asking for any support from them. I own this machine lock stock and barrel. Pinside is my support channel now for this game.

They actually responded to my ticket about my wire form (took them 2 days)....all they told me that its jacked up on most games and they have none in stock.

#2811 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Has old stock been returned to Stern, or is it a crap shoot with your distro?

Great question. Obviously you won’t get an answer I guess. Well we know the answer. Crapshoot buying any previous inventory. Me and many others are staying clear of nib for that reason alone.

#2812 3 months ago

Maybe we should resort to “pictures” of your exact NIB game before they’re shipped?! Treat em like they’re used! Incredible that these companies have little concern for their customers, is there a slim profit margin for them to explain why they don’t stand by their products? What profit they make on a game?

#2813 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They actually responded to my ticket about my wire form (took them 2 days)....all they told me that its jacked up on most games and they have none in stock.

What's wrong with the wire form and which pin?

#2814 3 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's wrong with the wire form and which pin?

JJP POTC LE....my right wire form is out whack...it works, but the basket sits up about 30 degrees. Apparently its a common problem, but I've seen first hand several that don't have the issue. I considered bending into shape, but hesitant if theres no replacement.

#2815 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP POTC LE....my right wire form is out whack...it works, but the basket sits up about 30 degrees. Apparently its a common problem, but I've seen first hand several that don't have the issue. I considered bending into shape, but hesitant if theres no replacement.

There's a lovely trade called metal fabrication. Either try to bend it and if you screw up then have them fix/redo it. Either way you're good to go. Obviously JJP isn't going to be of any help here.
I'm never worried to try/do anything. There's always someone to fix what I may break.

#2816 3 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

There's a lovely trade called metal fabrication. Either try to bend it and if you screw up then have them fix/redo it. Either way you're good to go. Obviously JJP isn't going to be of any help here.
I'm never worried to try/do anything. There's always someone to fix what I may break.

I hear ya...I'd do exactly that if it didn't work properly. Its just an eye sore (to me at least).

#2817 3 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

One thing I can assure everyone is American Pinball's customer service is top notch
That issue was before my time here so I can't comment on what did or didn't happen

#2818 3 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

One thing I can assure everyone is American Pinball's customer service is top notch
That issue was before my time here so I can't comment on what did or didn't happen

Too late, damage is already done now.

#2819 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Too late, damage is already done now.

Oh c'mon now... that's one of the very FEW complaints I've ever heard about AP's service. Every other company *wishes* they had such a stellar record.

#2820 3 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

That's a little harsh. I've been happy with the last few I have here. The cabinets are rock solid now, thicker and better quality as well as the added leg brackets and also now added angle metal brackets on the top inside corners under the lockbar. I've had nothing break on Deadpool, Maiden, Star Wars, Elvira or BKSoR.
Actually, the only Node board I've had go out was on Ghostbusters and that was early on first owning it within 90 days.

My HUO Metallica LE has been rock solid, so I cant complain much about Sterns(or games in general) that I dont own, but I am also hesitant to purchase another NIB until this has passed, and another hasn't set in.

#2821 3 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

Oh c'mon now... that's one of the very FEW complaints I've ever heard about AP's service. Every other company *wishes* they had such a stellar record.

Agreed, we don't hear much about AP having problems, but now that they have visited the thread, they need to reach out to the guy with the chipped art. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons, for the price of a PF.

#2822 3 months ago

So if i order a wonka le today i get one of em bubbly gooey mf's?

Anybody ordered lately?

#2823 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So if i order a wonka le today i get one of em bubbly gooey mf's?
Anybody ordered lately?

Just ask for one with a newer manufacturer date... sept or oct. Many of the first run se and le are ok but there were some with issues. So if you can try to get one from sept or definitely a October one. Id say if you were to order directly from jjp you wld be ok.

#2824 3 months ago
Quoted from Manic:

I agree that AP seems to have a pretty good reputation but my point was they already did that to him. The owners of AP I am sure was aware of his issues and they chose to just ignore him so they most likely already burned their bridges with him and I'm sure that just because they have a new guy over their customer service now that they arent just going to be able to win him back.

I'm not saying that AP is a bad company, I have no idea if they are or not. I'm just saying that they he feels like they treated him wrong and screwed him. That leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouths for a long long time. These pinball companies better get their shit together and start treating their customers right or they are going to do under.

#2825 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree that AP seems to have a pretty good reputation but my point was they already did that to him. The owners of AP I am sure was aware of his issues and they chose to just ignore him so they most likely already burned their bridges with him and I'm sure that just because they have a new guy over their customer service now that they arent just going to be able to win him back.
I'm not saying that AP is a bad company, I have no idea if they are or not. I'm just saying that they he feels like they treated him wrong and screwed him. That leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouths for a long long time. These pinball companies better get their shit together and start treating their customers right or they are going to do under.

Yeah I see your point about losing that customer forever (unless they follow RK's suggestion).

I thought you were making more of a blanket statement about the company's entire track record. My bad.

#2826 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks. Certainly not trying to badmouth AP. Just offering my experience with contacting them and getting no response or acknowledgement (see original email). I’ve since sold the game but it’s amazing with such high ticket items the customer service seems pretty subpar in my opinion. Stand by your products?

7251FC68-3BA0-498E-A517-44138D553047 (resized).png
#2827 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks. Certainly not trying to badmouth AP. Just offering my experience with contacting them and getting no response or acknowledgement (see original email). I’ve since sold the game but it’s amazing with such high ticket items the customer service seems pretty subpar in my opinion. Stand by your products?[quoted image]

You even offered to pay for some help also. Maybe it ended up in their spam folder? If I ever have a question I always call to get an actual human being on the line. Maybe that's old school but with the amount of emails (with a load of spam) that these companies get I never trust an email to get the same kind of attention.

I forget your original post so maybe you did call them?

#2828 3 months ago

I dont know about AP service, but pretty much every Houdini from the first few runs had pf issues. The one on route locally had inserts falling out after a couple thousand plays.

I never heard if they resolved the issue as honestly I have not found either of their offerings very fun so kinda stopped paying attention to the pf quality issues.

#2829 3 months ago

Rosh, Ferret, Barry, and myself frequent these forums and you can always reach out to us directly if for some reason you do not get a response you can e-mail any of us directly or most certainly call.

barry@american-pinball-224-422-3191

dan@american-pinball-224-633-8851

josh@american-pinball

#2830 3 months ago

Found this other day. Owner says..... I called Chaz for my “post update kit”, I asked him if stern was doing anything about these playfield with pooling/damage. He said he could send me a playfield epoxy repair kit. LMAO. Just what I want to do to a $6000 game with 1000 plays.

Screenshot_20191105-090819 (resized).jpg
#2831 3 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Found this other day. Owner says..... I called Chaz for my “post update kit”, I asked him if stern was doing anything about these playfield with pooling/damage. He said he could send me a playfield epoxy repair kit. LMAO. Just what I want to do to a $6000 game with 1000 plays.[quoted image]

Our JP on route has the same problem. Post lasts maybe a few days then falls out again and ours has the same damage as yours behind the post. Since it's on route and takes the game down when it pops out, I've just left it out at this point. If there is a "post update kit" I would be very interested in it.

#2832 3 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Rosh, Ferret, Barry, and myself frequent these forums and you can always reach out to us directly if for some reason you do not get a response or e-mail any of us directly or most certainly call.
josh@american-pinball

Thanks And good to know moving forward when I pick up my second Houdini (when I can find deal on a NIB or HUO!) because it is a great game. Not sure why I couldn’t touch base with anybody there before via the websight email.

#2833 3 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Our JP on route has the same problem. Post lasts maybe a few days then falls out again and ours has the same damage as yours behind the post. Since it's on route and takes the game down when it pops out, I've just left it out at this point. If there is a "post update kit" I would be very interested in it.

It's not mine, belongs to a fellow pinhead. Me personally if it were mine I'd put a mylar dot over it

#2834 3 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Found this other day. Owner says..... I called Chaz for my “post update kit”, I asked him if stern was doing anything about these playfield with pooling/damage. He said he could send me a playfield epoxy repair kit. LMAO. Just what I want to do to a $6000 game with 1000 plays.[quoted image]

That's sad to see on such a new game. Just ordered a Premium and was assured that Stern had nailed their PF issues. Oh well. Looks like the post could be the culprit I guess. Whatever the reason, shit like this just didn't happen for so many years. Sigh.

#2835 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Not sure why I couldn’t touch base with anybody there before via the websight email.

We're checking into it on our end, could be an overly aggressive spam filter or something else technical related.

#2836 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's sad to see on such a new game. Just ordered a Premium and was assured that Stern had nailed their PF issues. Oh well. Looks like the post could be the culprit I guess. Whatever the reason, shit like this just didn't happen for so many years. Sigh.

Good luck. I’d buy one but 7500 for me is a long time save up to gamble on subpar quality.

#2837 3 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What is the date of manufacture of your game?

#2838 3 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Found this other day. Owner says..... I called Chaz for my “post update kit”, I asked him if stern was doing anything about these playfield with pooling/damage. He said he could send me a playfield epoxy repair kit. LMAO. Just what I want to do to a $6000 game with 1000 plays.

Not defending what is happening with other areas of clearcoat, but the playfield behind that post (which serves to protect the flipper in the middle of the playfield) is going to get repeatedly hammered and be an area where I would expect to see damages anyway.

#2839 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Not defending what is happening with other areas of clearcoat, but the playfield behind that post (which serves to protect the flipper in the middle of the playfield) is going to get repeatedly hammered and be an area where I would expect to see damages anyway.

I've owned 3 Trons...all with 4 posts that get hammered. Thousands of play...no damage. Hitting a post shouldn't cause PF damage...! My LOTR has over 10k plays with posts that get hammered and 0 damage.

Based on the little I know, I would bet the post isn't secured well. As the post loosens and gets hammered, it chips away @ the PF. One of the posts on my KISS would loosen after 50 plays or so. Added a lock washer and hasn't loosened since.

#2840 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is the date of manufacture of your game?

I was told it's an early run machine

#2841 3 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

That doesn't appear to be a playfield issue but more of a ball guide problem, needs to be elevated away from rhe playfield.

#2842 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've owned 3 Trons...all with 4 posts that get hammered. Thousands of play...no damage. Hitting a post shouldn't cause PF damage...! My LOTR has over 10k plays with posts that get hammered and 0 damage.
Based on the little I know, I would bet the post isn't secured well. As the post loosens and gets hammered, it chips away @ the PF. One of the posts on my KISS would loosen after 50 plays or so. Added a lock washer and hasn't loosened since.

What I've seen is that the threaded stud that the locknut threads onto at the playfield bottom is to short. Not sure why they wouldn't see this as a possible issue down the road at pre production Lol. Also, like machines of the past the post should have a washer under it on the topside, and a second washer on the bottom side before the lock nut as most or all of us already know.

#2843 3 months ago

This all sucks. I would love to throw down on an LE but don’t want to deal with this bull shit. May have settle for a premium or go with something else in the future.

#2844 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know about AP service, but pretty much every Houdini from the first few runs had pf issues. The one on route locally had inserts falling out after a couple thousand plays.
I never heard if they resolved the issue as honestly I have not found either of their offerings very fun so kinda stopped paying attention to the pf quality issues.

Inserts falling out?

Think there would have been a service request for "inserts falling out"

#2845 3 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Rosh, Ferret, Barry, and myself frequent these forums and you can always reach out to us directly if for some reason you do not get a response you can e-mail any of us directly or most certainly call.
josh@american-pinball

If you have an issue with your American Pinball, fill out a service request.
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Emails are great... But I get hundreds a week, and no real way to keep track of them. Fill out a service request, that way you are in the system and the request will not go away until a resolution is reached.

#2846 3 months ago

This sucks, we want to order an Elvira in the spring but with the issues stern is having again do not think it is worth the gamble...

#2847 3 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What I've seen is that the threaded stud that the locknut threads onto at the playfield bottom is to short. Not sure why they wouldn't see this as a possible issue down the road at pre production Lol. Also, like machines of the past the post should have a washer under it on the topside, and a second washer on the bottom side before the lock nut as most or all of us already know.

The issue is this isn't just a threaded post. The issue is it's a threaded post that has the flipper plate obstructing it from below. So instead of your tight fit post with a big #8 nut and washer below... It was a post into a T-nut.... so it could be screwed in without removing the flipper base plate and would fit under it.

The T-nut does not provide the same lateral strength and resistance to becoming loose that the threaded stud w/nylon nut does.

Starting with the LEs, they changed it so the post is longer and has a nut on it. Unsure if it's still a t-nut or if they went to a fatter post stud. I haven't had to pull one part yet.

And if you want to copy over Mike's FB post.. just tag him guidotorpedo

#2848 3 months ago

Threaded post into just T-nut means every hit to the right side of it will cause CCW motion and unscrew the post a tiny bit. Yea, needs a nut underneath playfield to fix permanently. Similar to problem on DrWho, the post on left side of time expander backs out after so many hits and causes the springsteel across front of mini-PF to bow upward.

#2849 3 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Threaded post into just T-nut means every hit to the right side of it will cause CCW motion and unscrew the post a tiny bit. Yea, needs a nut underneath playfield to fix permanently. Similar to problem on DrWho, the post on left side of time expander backs out after so many hits and causes the springsteel across front of mini-PF to bow upward.

Quoted from sohchx:

I was told it's an early run machine

I'm told this has been fixed in more recent builds.

#2850 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm told this has been fixed in more recent builds.

Here's ours. Build date was August 14.

IMAG4130 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Providence, RI
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 4784 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside