IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 185.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

That playfield is updated like the jp’s Too correct? I haven’t lifted any posts on my maiden yet, but I think it’s solid artwork...

No it still has artwork around the posts. I don’t think any Iron Maiden playfields have been updated to clear only around the posts. Glad yours is ok so far.

#2652 4 years ago

we might need to get the ode to odin out.

#2653 4 years ago

I know you are but what am I? Seems like that is coming next from someone...

#2654 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's only cranky old fart if I don't like what all you and the other pinside old farts do, right?
I don't know why you are so intent on making me want to go along with the crowd, when I already told you what I thought about another dinosaur themed game.

You are Spicoli that doesn’t run with crowd. I get it

Doesn’t change the fact that you like tired old Dated games Better than the awesome new games like JP

I don’t really give a F what you do or like. You are mistaken re JP though

I’m an old fart too, to each his own and JP is GREAT!

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At my pace it would take 200 years to get to 100K plays

That’s why you don’t need to ever worry about pf issues

Case closed

#2656 4 years ago

I would have thought a Dinosaur themed game would be right up O-din's alley....being a Dinosaur and all.....Ha ha....Ha..

#2657 4 years ago

From where I'm sitting, it looks like I took a wrong turn and stumbled upon the kingdom of the dinosaurs.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why you don’t need to ever worry about pf issues
Case closed

Amen....always nice to get closure

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think you should demand a completely new shirt AND demand they put it on your body for you.

If you're not the original owner of the shirt or did not buy it from an authorized distributor, no warranty. If it was a freebie tossed to you at a pinball show ra-ra pep rally, no warranty.

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well I've got one downvote from Hawkmoon although I think he's still holding a grudge from when he found out I wasn't an original 1960s hippie like he was.

Not holding a grudge. Not sure what the hippie reference is about. I just happen to like jp. That's all. No worries.

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Not holding a grudge. Not sure what the hippie reference is about.

No grudge either. We all have our own tastes and mine has always been a bit more edgy than most. I don't expect everybody to understand and am not trying to put anybody down. I tell it what works for me.

And that hippie reference? While you were seeing Hendrix live, we were little kids supporting the cause with what we had to work with.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No grudge either. We all have our own tastes and mine has always been a bit more edgy than most. I don't expect everybody to understand and am not trying to put anybody down. I tell it what works for me.
And that hippie reference? While you were seeing Hendrix live, we were little kids supporting the cause with what we had to work with.

I hear you. The game does have a lot of objectively good things about it when compared to other games of its kind. But I can't argue that you actually like those things. If you don't, you don't.

And for what's it's worth, I was born in the 70s. Watching Hendrix live was a bit before my time.

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

And for what's it's worth, I was born in the 70s. Watching Hendrix live was a bit before my time.

I got the wrong Hawkmoon. Is he your dad?

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If so maybe he was in the old psychedelic band Hawkwind. Hey that would fit right in your 70's thread!

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't know any other hawkmoons. "Hawkmoon77" is a reference to a U2 song.

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't know any other hawkmoons. "Hawkmoon77" is a reference to a U2 song.

My mistake. There is another older Hawkmoon with the same avatar.

Quoted from Manic:

If so maybe he was in the old psychedelic band Hawkwind. Hey that would fit right in your 70's thread!

Lemmy's band before Motorhead !

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My mistake. There is another older Hawkmoon with the same avatar.

Lemmy's band before Motorhead !

Didnt get kicked out for doing drugs, but for doing the wrong kind of drugs!!

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I was born in the 70s. Watching Hendrix live was a bit before my time.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,i've seen Jimi 3 times back in the day,and for you that weren't there,the Berkeley community theatre,was the worst place he could have played! The Oakland Coliseum show was much better,Monterey was the best,but,to really capture Jimi on a pin,i don't believe you can really do it justice,imho,as one who was there at the time!Peace!!

#2669 4 years ago

Seriously, something struck me as odd Hawkmoon had bought a JP. It kept ringing in my brain something was off.

I had read your playfield troubles 77 and said, no, not again.

You see you guys do have more in common than you might think.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.my B66LE #53 Bazooka!! And is it f..ked up!! There are no screws in the TV set,and it's just sitting there! #3rdball went into the carosel and froze Wow what a piece of dodo this is!! Has any body been able to play this pin right out of the box??? very disappointed with this shit!!!!

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, something struck me as odd Hawkmoon had bought a JP. It kept ringing in my brain something was off.
I had read your playfield troubles 77 and said, no, not again.
You see you guys do have more in common than you might think.

I want to say it's a crazy coincidence, but some of these problems seem to occur with some degree of regularity.

#2671 4 years ago

Are new JPs, with altered playfields, displaying issues?

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are new JPs, with altered playfields, displaying issues?

I've had a few QC related issues with my JPLE, but the overwhelming majority of people have said that theirs are okay. Also, Stern has contacted me and indicated that they will address the issues I have. The level of support I've gotten through Stern has given me a high degree of confidence.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I've had a few QC related issues with my JPLE, but the overwhelming majority of people have said that theirs are okay. Also, Stern has contacted me and indicated that they will address the issues I have. The level of support I've gotten through Stern has given me a high degree of confidence.

Thanks. I am looking at a premium, but not until QC is sorted

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks. I am looking at a premium, but not until QC is sorted

TaylorVA We should have ours pretty soon.

#2675 4 years ago

I went to Mission Control in Santa Ana tonight to play JP and Munsters. Fun pin, early code kind of sucks.
Both the IMDN and JP had pooling, the IMDN was especially bad. At least 6 posts were pooling, I couldnt get very good photos but here are two.
The JP only had two posts with a small amount of pooling, I couldnt get a good photo of them.
Not sure of the build date on these machines, I couldnt get behind them.
Deadpool and Munsters no pooling at all, nice and dimpled lol.

20191018_202159 (1) (resized).jpg20191018_202159 (1) (resized).jpg20191018_202129 (resized).jpg20191018_202129 (resized).jpg
#2676 4 years ago

Sometimes I believe people are unhappy if they have no dimples, cracks or somewhat issues with their playfields.

#2677 4 years ago

I asked Jack tonight during the Q&A session at Expo tonight if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified.

Yes and Yes.

Would you elaborate on either?

No.

#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I asked Jack tonight during the Q&A session at Expo tonight if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified.
Yes and Yes.
No.

That instills a great deal of confidence.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes and Yes.
No.

That right there puts me off any NIB Purchases for the forseeable future.

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That right there puts me off any NIB Purchases for the forseeable future.

That’s why I am going with a CGC Royal!

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes and Yes.
No.

Maybe he’s just gaming Gary Stern

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Sometimes I believe people are unhappy if they have no dimples, cracks or somewhat issues with their playfields.

I'm ok with dimples. Art coming off the playfield? Not so much.

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes and Yes.
No.

I'd steer clear of NIB until Jack answers the question or we start to see games without issue.

Same for Stern. That's why I didn't order JP or the redrawn SW.

It's killing me. This is my 40th birthday present. But I dont need grenades in my life. And a shitty new game is mos def a grenade.

#2684 4 years ago

It's your decision after attending Expo but I'm not worried with recent build dates from either company.

That said I have more pins that I can play and have a tough time selling something I know and really like. So that's why I'm on the sidelines.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You maybe. One of those games I couldn't wait to get home after playing.

We're all free to like and dislike whatever games we want, I've not noticed really anyone else in the dislike camp on JP3. Are you a JJP fan? I suppose I could see someone who gravitated to a more slow and steady old timer game like WOZ not caring as much for the way Jurassic Park plays

Nothing is ever gonna be 100% certified fresh on here, 99.9% ain't bad, issues with playfields not withstanding

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'd steer clear of NIB until Jack answers the question or we start to see games without issue.
Same for Stern.

I cancelled a day 1 Elvira LE order because I agonized over the possible playfield issues, but reversed myself and found another one Thursday night after seeing games on the line at Stern and talking to a few people. Understandably few would say anything definitive but one Stern employee that I trust said he believes the issue has been resolved.

That’s far from any guarantee of course but I had the opportunity to look at a number of PFs up close on the line. It seems to me the clear is thinner. I also did not see any obvious issues on the Premiums I examined in Marco’s Expo booth.

I was very disappointed that Stern didn’t have a session that would have allowed discussion of the issue and in Jack’s response in the JJP session. I gave him a softball question that gave him an opportunity to allay concerns. I specifically avoided asking about those with damaged existing games because I knew that would be sensitive and/or controversial.

A missed opportunity for both Stern and JJP.

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm ok with dimples. Art coming off the playfield? Not so much.

Of course !
But here are pictures in this thread ... oh boy .. its a pinball machine ..
You have to search for the issues.

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was very disappointed that Stern didn’t have a session that would have allowed discussion of the issue and in Jack’s response in the JJP session. I gave him a softball question that gave him an opportunity to allay concerns. I specifically avoided asking about those with damaged existing games because I knew that would be sensitive and/or controversial.
A missed opportunity for both Stern and JJP.

Very shady behavior, which is the norm in their business.

#2689 4 years ago

So, was it all warm and fuzzy at Expo or did anyone who visited tighten the thumb screws on Stern + JJP?

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Very shady behavior, which is the norm in their business.

Why is it shady? A few posts up, the guy asked a question and jack answered it. Has a cause been identified, yes. Has it been fixed, yes. They aren’t going to give you details. The wonka and Elvira games I saw at expo, and there were quite a few, all looked great.

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why is it shady? A few posts up, the guy asked a question and jack answered it. Has a cause been identified, yes. Has it been fixed, yes. They aren’t going to give you details. The wonka and Elvira games I saw at expo, and there were quite a few, all looked great.

What was the problem? How was it remedied?
If, in fact, the issue no longer exists, JJP or Stern should answer both questions.

Rarely, is there a formal statement made by companies in this industry when issues arise. Most supposed resolutions are revealed through through third party hearsay. For instance, we hear about a customer receiving a credit/refund for their replacement play field and that’s it. The community is left guessing or assuming.

I’ve experienced defects/issues with furniture, cars, watches, appliances and stereo equipment. In all instances, the manufacturer was able to tell us why the problem occurred and how it was rectified so that it would not happen again, no mysteries. Standard practices don’t seem to exist with pinball manufacturers.

#2692 4 years ago

I get a weird vibe about thinner clear & deleted art.

Feels like a temporary & similar but better solution to the washers implemented to understandably keep the line moving.

Dang... My AS has a thick glossy PF that compliments the artwork magnificently. It's a gorgeous F'n game. I'd hate to lose that attribute on all future titles

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Feels like a temporary & similar but better solution to the washers implemented to understandably keep the line moving.
Dang... My AS has a thick glossy PF that compliments the artwork magnificently. It's a gorgeous F'n game. I'd hate to lose that attribute on all future titles

Sorry, what is AS?

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Sorry, what is AS?

Aerosmith. My pro also had a super thick and awesomely glossy playfield. Zero issues with it

#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They seemed to get the formula right on AS, my LE is a beauty all the way around

My Munsters LE has some pooling. I could have lived the rest of my life and never noticed it until it became the new crisis

My Munsters Le pf is also a beauty and in great shape

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What was the problem? How was it remedied?
If, in fact, the issue no longer exists, JJP or Stern should answer both questions.
Rarely, is there a formal statement made by companies in this industry when issues arise. Most supposed resolutions are revealed through through third party hearsay. For instance, we hear about a customer receiving a credit/refund for their replacement play field and that’s it. The community is left guessing or assuming.
I’ve experienced defects/issues with furniture, cars, watches, appliances and stereo equipment. In all instances, the manufacturer was able to tell us why the problem occurred and how it was rectified so that it would not happen again, no mysteries. Standard practices don’t seem to exist with pinball manufacturers.

I agree it would be nice to have the how and why, but it’s a competitive (and unregulated) market and you have multiple companies with similar issues. Releasing detailed info provides a competitor with potentially valuable info. I don’t think Spooky ever released the issues behind their playfield problems, giving them the upper hand right now as their playfields are all good now.

#2697 4 years ago

What a rediculous way for Jack to answer that question. Kaneda is right. Sometimes this guy just welcomes failure and doesnt listen. Those are your most valuable customers...What a tool.

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree it would be nice to have the how and why, but it’s a competitive (and unregulated) market and you have multiple companies with similar issues. Releasing detailed info provides a competitor with potentially valuable info. I don’t think Spooky ever released the issues behind their playfield problems, giving them the upper hand right now as their playfields are all good now.

Charlie said they had some bad luck with different woods and said they sourced the better wood (again) and have perfected an in house clear/clear process. Jack said “sit down. anyone else?”

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You’re 100% correct. I’m just not comfortable with the manner in which many conduct themselves.

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes and Yes.
No.

You asked if the identified the root cause of the problem and if he knows how to fix this, he replied YES.
And can you share any details, he replyed NO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.95
$ 25.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/54?hl=defdumblindkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.