IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 185.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

True
But I want to wear Affliction T shirts & weird fancy jeans.
That truck is the final piece of the puzzle.

Please tell me that you dont wear skinny Jean's PW?

#2602 4 years ago

Finally had the time to document and email Stern about my IMDNLE blistering. Anyone hear back from them aside from the guy with the Jurassic park chipping etc?

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please tell me that you dont wear skinny Jean's PW?

#2604 4 years ago

I have had JP for two weeks and just noticed pools near 4 or 5 of the thin posts. I can live with it if it doesn’t end up chipping. My other concern is losing art when I go to shop the game and remove posts.

Was thinking of buying a spare playfield for insurance, but how do I know the replacement wouldn't have issues?

#2605 4 years ago

Is this a Pro (presumably with art around the posts)? What is the build date?

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Is this a Pro (presumably with art around the posts)? What is the build date?

I will check when I get home, but I want to say early September. It is a pro with full art around the posts. Pooling is very minor around 2 or 3 posts. The worst one is the post to the left of the left ramp.

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Was thinking of buying a spare playfield for insurance, but how do I know the replacement wouldn't have issues?

At this point, you don’t. We have no idea if Stern has actually identified and fixed the problem. The “no art under the posts” is a band-aid, not necessarily a fix.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally had the time to document and email Stern about my IMDNLE blistering. Anyone hear back from them aside from the guy with the Jurassic park chipping etc?

Yes Stern sent me a non-populated playfield due to chipping and pooling/blistering. I just received it today. I was told 4-8 weeks but it arrived in less than two. The whole process took about two months from the time I reported it to my distributor until I received the replacement. My machine was less that 3 weeks old when it chipped so that may have been one of the determining factors. I sent a lot of pictures clearly showing the issues. Stern handles these issues on a case by case basis so it takes a while before they make a determination(took a month for my case). Good luck I hope they take care of you.

59284194583__8E45E493-CC92-4645-BEF4-B9622AEB4433 (resized).JPG59284194583__8E45E493-CC92-4645-BEF4-B9622AEB4433 (resized).JPG
#2609 4 years ago

are you billing them for the time it takes to build & install it?

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

are you billing them for the time it takes to build & install it?

Yes and they are paying him in black dust.

#2611 4 years ago

Found this last night on my JP LE, manufactured 9/20. Appears to be a small area where the clear has chipped off. Does it look like a small ring of clear around the metal circle is not adhering to the wood?

49034223-F435-4882-9980-BE445297ACB0 (resized).jpeg49034223-F435-4882-9980-BE445297ACB0 (resized).jpegDAA46D17-AE44-4183-BF0E-4F9767AF5FAE (resized).jpegDAA46D17-AE44-4183-BF0E-4F9767AF5FAE (resized).jpeg
#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

For JJP, Jack practically screamed do not remove posts with this issue happening...for what it’s worth

Perhaps a similar warning about washing their t-shirts is in order?
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I think you should demand a completely new shirt AND demand they put it on your body for you.

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think you should demand a completely new shirt AND demand they put it on your body for you.

No they should just send you a plain shirt, and you can remake it yourself.

#2615 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Have you checked with Kruzman? He once fixed a shirt for me that looked a little worse than that.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Yes Stern sent me a non-populated playfield due to chipping and pooling/blistering. I just received it today. I was told 4-8 weeks but it arrived in less than two. The whole process took about two months from the time I reported it to my distributor until I received the replacement. My machine was less that 3 weeks old when it chipped so that may have been one of the determining factors. I sent a lot of pictures clearly showing the issues. Stern handles these issues on a case by case basis so it takes a while before they make a determination(took a month for my case). Good luck I hope they take care of you.[quoted image]

Can you make an indent in it with your fingernail?

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That lettering would not have faded if they'd used a better clear coat over it.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

That shirt wouldn't have faded if they had used automobile paint.

#2619 4 years ago

T shirt is normal wear + tear, fully expected after one 15 degree wash.

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Yes Stern sent me a non-populated playfield due to chipping and pooling/blistering. I just received it today. I was told 4-8 weeks but it arrived in less than two. The whole process took about two months from the time I reported it to my distributor until I received the replacement. My machine was less that 3 weeks old when it chipped so that may have been one of the determining factors. I sent a lot of pictures clearly showing the issues. Stern handles these issues on a case by case basis so it takes a while before they make a determination(took a month for my case). Good luck I hope they take care of you.[quoted image]

Am I the only one that thinks sending a unpopulated playfield replacement as a solution for a brand new pin someone paid 6k+ for is unacceptable?

Good grief it would take someone that knows what they are doing 25+ hours to swap a playfield.

#2621 4 years ago

I apologize if this has already been discussed but does anyone know if any of the early run Guardians of the Galaxy games have had these pooling and/or chipping issues?

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Am I the only one that thinks sending a unpopulated playfield replacement as a solution for a brand new pin someone paid 6k+ for is unacceptable?
Good grief it would take someone that knows what they are doing 25+ hours to swap a playfield.

No you aren’t the only one. About 5 thousand other people have weighed in and feel the exact same way

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I apologize if this has already been discussed but does anyone know if any of the early run Guardians of the Galaxy games have had these pooling and/or chipping issues?

My December 2017 GOTG has no issues.

#2624 4 years ago

I see dimples, is that normal?

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

You get those when you wash a shirt and it comes out not even worth folding.

#2626 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Only on a cute girls face.

#2627 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No you aren’t the only one. About 5 thousand other people have weighed in and feel the exact same way

And this is why I have not pulled the trigger on recent new Stern/JJP games. I decided to pick up a HEP TAF instead as I'm 100% confident the play field will not fall apart. Until folks stop buying defective games, the behavior will not change.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Until folks stop buying defective games, the behavior will not change.

But will theirs?

We've got Jaws coming out and it might end up looking like Bruce the shark chewed on the playfield, but we are offering it a special price, $500 less than the next release.

#2629 4 years ago

And this is why I have not pulled the trigger on recent new Stern/JJP games. I decided to pick up a HEP TAF instead as I'm 100% confident the play field will not fall apart. Until folks stop buying defective games, the behavior will not change.

Not sure why u feel this way...Stern just hired a QA director...problem solved

#2630 4 years ago

I’m out! Way out! Focusing on white star and SAM Stern games. Picked up a X-men LE this weekend and am loving it.

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m out! Way out! Focusing on white star and SAM Stern games. Picked up a X-men LE this weekend and am loving it.

Don’t blame you.....
I think there’s a few things going on at Stern right now:
QC issues - de laminations
Brain fart issues - just look as Munsters FFS!

Safer bet with the veteran pins
Think I’ll see if I can find a nice SAM Tron

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only on a cute girls face.

Or ass.

#2633 4 years ago

I think you mean back, if she has dimples on her butt she's not that cute...

#2634 4 years ago

To each his own brother or sister.

JPLE is one of those pins you can’t wait to get home and play.

I’m having a blast and it’s NOT falling apart

And maybe after 100,000 plays I’ll send it to HEP for a restore

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I think you mean back, if she has dimples on her butt she's not that cute...

”Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You maybe. One of those games I couldn't wait to get home after playing.

#2637 4 years ago

Just realized I don't enjoy Monster energy drinks or punch holes in drywall.

So they might not sell me that truck

Hope Stern gets this figured out. The new SW comic edition looks schweeeeet. JP too. Might trade TWD towards JP with a nearby distro & add a SW to the order.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You maybe. One of those games I couldn't wait to get home after playing.

You are about the only one Odiner. Like i said, different strokes. It doesn't play like an EM

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are about the only one Odiner.

No, I'm not. I know others that don't care for it either.

Quoted from iceman44:

It doesn't play like an EM

What does that have to do with anything? Sure I have EMs that are more fun, but I am no stranger to modern games or any era for that matter.

#2640 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To each his own brother or sister.
I’m having a blast and it’s NOT falling apart
And maybe after 100,000 plays I’ll send it to HEP for a restore

At my pace it would take 200 years to get to 100K plays

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'm not. I know others that don't care for it either.

What does that have to do with anything? Sure I have EMs that are more fun, but I am no stranger to modern games or any era for that matter.

Let’s see how many upvotes you get on the JP sucks theory

What are your top 3 pins

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What are your top 3 pins

Any three with a halfway decent theme that don't make me want to let the ball drain halfway thru ball one.

#2643 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let’s see how many upvotes you get on the JP sucks theory

Well I've got one downvote from Hawkmoon although I think he's still holding a grudge from when he found out I wasn't an original 1960s hippie like he was.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Any three with a halfway decent theme that don't make me want to let the ball drain halfway thru ball one.

Like I said. Which ones?

I don’t drain on my JPLE. Maybe “play better” or the setup is bad

If you can decide you think a pin sucks after 15 minutes of playing it then you must have been high

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you can decide you think a pin sucks after 15 minutes of playing it then you must have been high

High enough to know when the theme being presented doesn't suit my pinball playing mood for any amount of time.

Quoted from iceman44:

“play better”

I've got a lot of games I like, or I wouldn't own 25 of them. But yeah, No Fear is a good one. In your face and faster than fk.

#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Well my GB prem has a chip by the bumpers. I told my distrubtor and called stern. 2 yrs still nothing. My distrubtor keeps sayin were gonna have a meeting on it. Bullshit. 7000 machine and get this treatment. Smh

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said. Which ones?
I don’t drain on my JPLE. Maybe “play better” or the setup is bad

JP has a great layout, and is a really fun game....I personally don't care for the animations or cartoon dinosaurs. I really wish Stern would have secured more of the license, but hey thats just one mans opinion.

#2648 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

That playfield is updated like the jp’s Too correct? I haven’t lifted any posts on my maiden yet, but I think it’s solid artwork...

#2649 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

High enough to know when the theme being presented doesn't suit my pinball playing mood for any amount of time.

I've got a lot of games I like, or I wouldn't own 25 of them. But yeah, No Fear is a good one. In your face and faster than fk.

The other possibility is that you ate Nimble’s chili right before playing, had a code red, and needed to get the heck out of dodge

That would make sense

You are just a cranky old retired fart Odiner!!!

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The other possibility is that you ate Nimble’s chili right before playing, had a code red, and needed to get the heck out of dodge

That would make sense

You are just a cranky old retired fart Odiner!!!

It's only cranky old fart if I don't like what all you and the other pinside old farts do, right?

I don't know why you are so intent on making me want to go along with the crowd, when I already told you what I thought about another dinosaur themed game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/53?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.