IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 185.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Nice back and forth fellas - well played!

We aim to please!

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Some post pictures from a number of machines and manufacturers last night, sorry difficulty with some lighting and no JJP. I didn't see pooling or chipping with any of these titles.

Look closer on your Munsters picture. It looks like there's pooling/bubbling under the in/outlane post. Unless that's just a reflection.

I don't have pooling on my Munsters Pro slings either.
Munsters jellikit.jpgMunsters jellikit.jpg

#153 4 years ago

One week old JP on location in NYC.

9014D5D2-B039-41C7-8502-C8153D733F00 (resized).jpeg9014D5D2-B039-41C7-8502-C8153D733F00 (resized).jpeg
#154 4 years ago
7EACCF0F-9EF7-4506-B390-206BE53FEF44 (resized).png7EACCF0F-9EF7-4506-B390-206BE53FEF44 (resized).png
#155 4 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#156 4 years ago

Just canceled my JPLE.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just canceled my JPLE.

I would to, better wait this one out a bit longer to see how it plays out.

#158 4 years ago

I just cancelled my subscription to the resurrection.

#159 4 years ago

I just canceled my Hulu subscription, after paying for it for 3 months. The "free trial" gets me every goddamn time. I'm just too lazy to be trusted.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would to, better wait this one out a bit longer to see how it plays out.

Fix it and I’ll buy the Premium, but I’m not dealing with this shit at these prices.

#161 4 years ago

The "fix" is likely going to be an added clause to the current warranty sheet stating this condition may exist, doesnt affect game play and doesn't warrant a replacement.
Any new machine I'd lay the box down, cut the box, lift head, and use a flashlight. Any pooling found I'd send that shit back and make em pay for the shipping or pay for someone to install a new fully populated playfield. Gotta start using a credit card guys to ensure a charge back can occur if need be. This community needs to put its foot down and say no more. It'll only make the QC that much better ....both for installation and parts.

#162 4 years ago

Is it worth taking the glass off so air can flow over the playfields while the game is not in use to help with curing???

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

One week old JP on location in NYC.[quoted image]

Oh shizzle. Most people aren’t going to notice to it totally chips off. End times.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just cancelled my subscription to the resurrection.

I'll send your credentials to the House of Detention.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Look closer on your Munsters picture. It looks like there's pooling/bubbling under the in/outlane post. Unless that's just a reflection.
I don't have pooling on my Munsters Pro slings either.
[quoted image]

I was specifically looking at the slingshot posts, so can't say for sure. I just figured while playing newer machines I'd take some quick shots.

#166 4 years ago

“Hey they are noticing the bad clear on our playfields “
“ They are?”
“Yes I bunch of pooling and chipped PF pics are going up online”
“ Just release a new code update to distract them”
“Will do”

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

“ Just release a new code update to distract them”
“Will do”

"And don't forget to leak more info about the upcoming Elvira game"

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

Now that’s just disheartening.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is it worth taking the glass off so air can flow over the playfields while the game is not in use to help with curing???

Unlikely. Especially if they are using a bake cure. Also, if they are doing the assembly while it’s still not fully cured...damage is already done.

#169 4 years ago
38njpy (resized).jpg38njpy (resized).jpg
#170 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Dang, look at that shiny clear!!!!!

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Dang, look at that shiny clear!!!!!

Yup high quality wood and clear still exists. Question is do you pay for it.......

#172 4 years ago

Yep, I bet you could drop pinballs all over that table, and I doubt you will see much if any in the way of dimples.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yep, and could you imagine the legal issues if they publicly stated they had known playfield issues.

Lol!! Legal issues!! Yeah...lets go sue Stern...really?!?! How about just trying to get a resolution rather than this stupid type of action!

#174 4 years ago

is there any evidence for the issue being resolved when the Playfield is fully cured?
I’m talking about after the game has been put together not before.
Basically, if a game sat but had been over torqued when put together would it eventually cure and prevent chipping? Or is the chipping inevitable no matter what? Like, it was fractured during the assembly process...

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The "fix" is likely going to be an added clause to the current warranty sheet stating this condition may exist, doesnt affect game play and doesn't warrant a replacement.
Any new machine I'd lay the box down, cut the box, lift head, and use a flashlight. Any pooling found I'd send that shit back and make em pay for the shipping or pay for someone to install a new fully populated playfield. Gotta start using a credit card guys to ensure a charge back can occur if need be. This community needs to put its foot down and say no more. It'll only make the QC that much better ....both for installation and parts.

It will just be an encore of "(crater sized) dimples are Normal, get over it, they level out!" ...

No they won't, your art will eventually delaminate, then you can buy parts, or another new disposable stern... just the light bulb theory coming to pinball is all, just as it infected pantyhose and ford door handles etc. . You can't sell customers replacments if the product never wears out... this kind of capitalist wasteful nonsense is big part of the issues with this world today, things made to Not last, on purpose.

#176 4 years ago

Hey everyone, heading out Saturday to pick up my JP, anything I should be looking out for?

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey everyone, heading out Saturday to pick up my JP, anything I should be looking out for?

No and congrats on picking up a DE JP!

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from wmanningiv:

Wow this is sad. If this is going to impact thousands of machines produced by the two major manufacturers it could be bad news for the industry.

#179 4 years ago

I was going to pick up a new JP, now I think I’ll wait. I hope they can fix these issues. I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No and congrats on picking up a DE JP!

"spit take*

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

Yep. And that the good stuff now probably costs more money.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was going to pick up a new JP, now I think I’ll wait. I hope they can fix these issues. I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

No that’s not it. Plenty of pins are coming out today without these issues. Unless only the affected PFs are coming from some uptight country that bans everything. :p

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Make Dangerous Chemicals Great Again

#184 4 years ago

The proper fix will be provided When customers stop buying games.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I assume it’s a chemical problem because of all the regulations on the harmful chemicals they used to use??

I guess they are just not shaking the can long enough... 2 minutes guys and it has to be at room temperature.

#186 4 years ago

Due to this issue, I’m holding off on buying any NIB pins for a while. This is truly sad.

#187 4 years ago

The ghosting and cabinet issue prevented me from buying NIB, but then they fixed it. I was just about to consider buying NIB again from Stern and then this #@$* happens! This is killing me as I love Sterns latest releases, I WANT A DEADPOOL DADDY!

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The ghosting and cabinet issue prevented me from buying NIB, but then they fixed it. I was just about to consider buying NIB again from Stern and then this #@$* happens! This is killing me as I love Sterns latest releases, I WANT A DEADPOOL DADDY!

And I wanted a JP premium. Might as well save my dough.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

And I wanted a JP premium. Might as well save my dough.

And also want a JP2 but this is an issue, I can't even talk myself out of

Usually use the 'you only live once' rationale to buy another game but in this case, I just don't want the stress of picking up a 'pooler'.

#190 4 years ago

I stopped by the game exchange today to play a few games on Jurassic Park and this is what I saw, four days in the showroom.

20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122429 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpg20190823_122504 (resized).jpg
#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I stopped by the game exchange today to play a few games on Jurassic Park and this is what I saw, four days in the showroom.

To use the cargument, if that was a car and it happened on more than a few, it would trigger a nationwide recall.

#192 4 years ago

they obviously know about it due to the washers, the question is will they take care of affected buyers, or just say its normal like ghosting?

Damn, should a guy cancel and wait...

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I stopped by the game exchange today to play a few games on Jurassic Park and this is what I saw, four days in the showroom.[quoted image][quoted image]

Does the washer make it worse??

#194 4 years ago

The other two posts on the slings are a lot skinnier, the fatter ones are closer to the flippers, one had the pooling and the other one didn't but they both had washers.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Does the washer make it worse??

Theoretically the washer should help, as it increases the contact area and spreads out the downward pressure, lessening it onto any given point. Apparently it's not enough though.....

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I stopped by the game exchange today to play a few games on Jurassic Park and this is what I saw, four days in the showroom.[quoted image][quoted image]

Fuuuuuuudge. (Only I didn’t say fudge. I said the word. The big one...).

This is in a showroom? My brain is spinning about 100 mph. I have a JP2 on order and I don’t have any desire to relive the experience I just went through with JJP on my JJPOTC chipping. This stinks.

#197 4 years ago

Let's put in some even bigger washers LOL. The ones they have in there now are already an eyesore.

#198 4 years ago

Meh...

If you squint just right all games look new again!

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Oh wow... I just assumed the clear was shifting and pooling. But in that pic, you can clearly see the artwork coming up with it. Sad.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Oh wow... I just assumed the clear was shifting and pooling. But in that pic, you can clearly see the artwork coming up with it. Sad.

It's not clear pooling.

Remember the issues we used to have a lot with cabinet decals wrinkling around the legs? It's like that with playfield artwork and posts now...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/4?hl=sburgess64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.