IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 185.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I was thinking I’d see what the LE owners have to say before I send a check.

Owning two LE's (not JP) with these issues, and seeing the issues on Current JP's I would cancel your order. Don't waste your money. Get a CGC game, or wait for Deeproot, or someone else who cares about customer service, and care about the quality of their product.

#1602 4 years ago

Wait for a Deeproot... Jesus.
Nothing says costumer respect and quality construction like that company that doesn't exist.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nothing says costumer respect and quality construction like that company that doesn't exist.

Waiting with bated breath for the "5 Days of Deeproot" to start any time now..... any time.....

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Better to have zero problems waiting on a company that doesn't exist than problems otherwise. Buying NIB right now is a lose/lose in most aspects except gameplay.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

I don’t understand why your putting yourself in the situation to begin with, if your worried cancel your pre order it’s a premium so there’s no rush or time limit to get one Stern typically produce titles for 2-3 years, cancel your pre order, sit back and wait until the issues are resolved worry free.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t understand why your putting yourself in the situation to begin with

Too be fair, all those pinside threads where people buy them anyway and end up with big problems can be somewhat entertaining.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Better to have zero problems waiting on a company that doesn't exist than problems otherwise.

In my world people that buy a NIB Stern and bitch aboot PF clear issues are just as horrible as people sucking deeproot's non existent ass.
EDIT: I meant buying a NIB now after the current situation is known with Stern's clear issues

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In my world people that buy a NIB Stern and bitch aboot PF clear issues

That should be a no issue by now. They are all well informed what they might be in for.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In my world people that buy a NIB Stern and bitch aboot PF clear issues are just as horrible as people sucking deeproot's non existent ass.

I don’t mind be called a horrible person for calling out a horrible product.

657879CD-0B91-4C16-80AC-09473ECCC66E (resized).jpeg657879CD-0B91-4C16-80AC-09473ECCC66E (resized).jpeg94EDF463-9CC9-492F-8E0A-1E9BA9D0D348 (resized).jpeg94EDF463-9CC9-492F-8E0A-1E9BA9D0D348 (resized).jpeg77264F13-08EC-4EE5-B3F2-8ED0DDF90CE3 (resized).jpeg77264F13-08EC-4EE5-B3F2-8ED0DDF90CE3 (resized).jpeg7E40748C-4C02-439D-B70F-DF7E11317A8C (resized).jpeg7E40748C-4C02-439D-B70F-DF7E11317A8C (resized).jpeg
#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You must be lovin this thread, hanging out with all us horrible NIB Stern owners with clear coat issues.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don’t mind be called a horrible person for calling out a horrible product.

Years ago I heard people were dying by eating at Jack in the Box, but I liked their tacos so much, I ate there anyway.

#1612 4 years ago

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

there’s no rush or time limit to get one Stern typically produce titles for 2-3 years, cancel your pre order, sit back and wait until the issues are resolved worry free.

Good advice if you want a Premium; not so much if you are interested in an LE. I’ve never understood why LEs go first before production issues are worked out.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don’t mind be called a horrible person for calling out a horrible product.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You must be lovin this thread, hanging out with all us horrible NIB Stern owners with clear coat issues.

Yes, I apologize for not making myself more clear (cough); I meant buying a New, NIB as of today.
I am a JP owner with CC issues and I'm not happy at all.
I keep bouncing back from this and the Elvira thread so my delivery didn;t make much sense; my fault.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good advice if you want a Premium; not so much if you are interested in an LE. I’ve never understood why LEs go first before production issues are worked out.

You can't have it both ways. If people who pay more don't get the game sooner you also get complaints.

Lots of the people who wait forever to get their JJP CEs complain about this all the time.

Can never win no matter which route they take...

Stern knows they need to get that money as fast as possible as the hype train fades fast.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It applies even if you want an LE, I wanted a JPLE but as soon as I saw the pooling, chipping and soft clear I did the above and backed out, at £10k ($12500) I’d rather miss out on an LE than have a 10k pin that literally deteriorates as I play.

There’s really nothing special about Sterns LEs anymore, the only reason I wanted the JPLE was it was my favourite art package by a long shot (no real value over the premium) but I sure as hell ain’t missing not having one on order when it could be pile of mush out the box, I’ll happily wait worry free 10k richer and grab a premium down the road or a HUO LE with 50 plays on it and a hard playfield once the rich boys see the next new release and sell it on.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, I apologize for not making myself more clear (cough); I meant buying a New, NIB as of today.
I keep bouncing back from this and the Elvira thread so my delivery didn;t make much sense; my fault.

No worries. Sorry you are having issues as well.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sell them while the hype is high. If they waited they would have less people buying LEs. Elvira has already been announced. Hype train keeps rolling.

I stopped buying LEs. There is no value in them IMHO.

#1619 4 years ago

This is helping a little.

FB_IMG_1525379792235 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1525379792235 (resized).jpg
#1620 4 years ago

My latest NIB purchase.

received_885773725127688 (resized).jpegreceived_885773725127688 (resized).jpeg
#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All good mate, thanks for clearing that up. I totally agree with you on anyone buying NIB now and knowing this CC/playfield issues only have themselves to blame.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is helping a little.[quoted image]

Until you taste it.

#1623 4 years ago

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread

I don't know about everyone else, but I hate being lied to and treated like a f*cking idiot. But hey, whatever works for Stern and their podcast slappies.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Until you taste it.

Don't like English ale huh? Taste better than Bud, Miller, Coors, or any of that other piss water

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization. I see enough pics online to be very wary about this. For the time being, my JP Premium order is on hold. I want to see how all the LE playfields are before I decide to make my final payment. I just can't take a chance right now....which sucks cause I really want the game.

I no longer trust Stern at all. They just want your money to feed investors.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization.

I’d love to know their definition of widespread.

I have talked to multiple dealers and all the numbers range from 10% to just under 20% (just Stern, not JJP) and that is only their estimate from games they have (e.g. showroom models), have seen or have credible reports on. That doesn’t count routed games where ops may not know or care or collectors that don’t know what to look for. Dealers that would comment all said almost the same thing “Stern believes they have the issue under control”, which makes you wonder what Stern has said to dealers (some of whom have to be pissed that they may be sitting on questionable inventory).

Less than 5%? Maybe I buy not widespread. Up to 20%? Maybe not widespread, but serious enough to warrant a “nothing to see here” response.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority. I asked if the issues were fixed and they told me that they don't discuss matters of their internal operations with people outside the organization.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is just shit. I really feel for you, nothing worse in this hobby than playfield issues. We visited an arcade while we have been on holidays, every Stern built after late 2017 had playfield issues. 6 games (Beatles, GOTG, ACDC, MUN, JP2, BKSOR) all in one place all having playfield issues. Not a good statistic.
Have you let Stern know? What did they say?

No, not widespread at all Stern.

My IMDN LE has it, Musters LE and looks like my BK3 LE is starting to pool, will check my SW later.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

My IMDN LE has it, Musters LE and looks like my BK3 LE is starting to pool, will check my SW later.

My Star Wars LE is good, other than the Dimples.

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I was told by Stern that the issues aren't widespread and are only being talked about due to a very vocal minority

Great. Then they should have no problem swapping the defective playfields for those unfortunate few who are affected. I assume I’ll be getting a call any day now.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Years ago I heard people were dying by eating at Jack in the Box, but I liked their tacos so much, I ate there anyway.

I lived on those tacos for a couple years of my life. Must have been the alcohol keeping me alive.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

That’s a good call! If it’s not widespread and only a very minor amount of effected playfields it should be fairly easy and quick for Stern to make those customers right, your move Stern!

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Great. Then they should have no problem swapping the defective playfields for those unfortunate few who are affected. I assume I’ll be getting a call any day now.

3b0ic7 (resized).jpg3b0ic7 (resized).jpg
#1635 4 years ago

Just inboxed a March 19 built Deadpool Premium and the Playfield is perfect.

#1636 4 years ago

Stern is never, ever going to publicly admit they have a major issue, nor make a peep when they correct it.

Back in 1997, Burger King had an issue with tainted meat. After the recall, they ran full-page newspaper ads about how the meat was now safe. That campaign crashed & burned. You know what worked? "Try the fries!" Don't remind the public you messed up.

EHOH = fries

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Back in 1997, Burger King had an issue with tainted meat. After the recall, they ran full-page newspaper ads about how the meat was now safe

When Chipotle had issues with theirs, they sent out coupons for a free burrito. You know I took them up on that!

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When Chipotle had issues with theirs, they sent out coupons for a free burrito.

"Sorry about that JP2 clear. Let us earn back your business; free EHOH for everyone!"

All is forgiven.

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Give it a few hundred plays and check around the rail the loops leading to the back ramp.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When Chipotle had issues with theirs, they sent out coupons for a free burrito. You know I took them up on that!

Anxiously awaiting my coupon for a free Stern pinball machine.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Give it a few hundred plays and check around the rail the loops leading to the back ramp.

Better yet, disassemble it and immediately and put thin washers under all ball guides (unless Stern took the initiative to do it by now).

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Better yet, disassemble it and immediately and put thin washers under all ball guides (unless Stern took the initiative to do it by now).

Good point.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I did that before playing. It’s a March build, so before this chipping thing blew up and Stern started using washers. But there’s no sign of any pooling at all on the pf and it’s had 6 months to do it.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It seems sometimes with washers you'll just get a bigger spread of CC. Then you really can't hide it. I'm waiting to see a joke pic of a post with a huge three inch metal washer on the bottom.

washer (resized).jpegwasher (resized).jpeg
#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Anxiously awaiting my coupon for a free Stern pinball machine.

You'll be lucky to get one of their gift certificates.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Don't like English ale huh? Taste better than Bud, Miller, Coors, or any of that other piss water

Agreed.

As they say...How is drinking Coors Light like having sex in a canoe?.....

#1647 4 years ago

This release of Elvira has sure taken a lot of the heat off JJP the last couple days.

Quoted from gliebig:

How is drinking Coors Light like having sex in a canoe?.....

Fn near water.

My dad told me that one decades ago.
Of course his Budweiser wasn't really any better.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hate to say it.. so were all mine out of the box.
It seems to happen at the posts where the ball hits them full on.
Good luck you may have a good one.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Sounds like typical corporate spin to me.

I am only one data point, but last weekend I played a JP Pro and BKSOR Pro on location and both have the clear problems. The JP is less than 30 days old and has the washers, but there is already wrinkling occurring under multiple posts not protected by one (a shame as it is a phenomenal game and I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat if it were not for this issue). The BK has been there about three months and has some noticeable wrinkling, especially under the posts surrounding the various ramp/BK entrances; of note, I first checked that machine several weeks ago when this first broke and did not find anything at that time, so the damage I just saw had to have occurred during the past month or so.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So I preordered a Jurassic Park Premium but wanted to get some time in on a Pro at a local bar. I’m now noticing it isn’t there anymore. I wonder if they had to pull it because of play field issues. Getting worried about this purchase to say the least. I sold my other games to free up $ and to make room for this game.

Then cancel the order until your are comfortable that the issues have been resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/33?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.