IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 185.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Called my distributor yesterday when he wanted final payment for jp2 LE. I asked him his position and what he’s heard. Stern is STILL saying 7 or 8 documented cases.....

My distributor told me the opposite on Monday, and said that Stern was flooded with cases. Hmmmm... odd.

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My distributor told me the opposite on Monday, and said that Stern was flooded with cases. Hmmmm... odd.

Sounds like yours is telling the truth.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sounds like yours is telling the truth.

8 ball - signs point to yes (resized).jpg8 ball - signs point to yes (resized).jpg
#1254 4 years ago

I remember this sort of playfield problems happend back in 1991 with Data East Batman.
After 2 month arcade play the playfield was 70% blank
And a white color ground appeared.
So the new playfields got a mylar and then after Stealt hardcoat.
So it wil take some time to find a proper solution.
In the mean time they still keep building games.
And quietly replace the playfield for a better one.
They can't swap every populated playfield from 2018 till now because they will go broke.
THATS WY THEY SAY THERE ARE ONLY A FEW MACHINES WITH PLAYFIELD PROBLEMS.
The only thing they can do financial is making a free playfield protector that covers the whole playfield or give you a bare new playfield when ready or they get out of busines.

#1255 4 years ago

Like my new avatar

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Like my new avatar

I dig it. It's an encapsulation of the 2018 and onward NIB experience in simple pictorial form.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Called my distributor yesterday when he wanted final payment for jp2 LE. I asked him his position and what he’s heard. Stern is STILL saying 7 or 8 documented cases.....

Well he has prepaid for a bunch of LE's and needs to sell them...just saying. There's at least 7-8 documented cases of the issue in this thread alone.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well he has prepaid for a bunch of LE's and needs to sell them...just saying. There's at least 7-8 documented cases of the issue in this thread alone.

Oh I know, just letting you guys know this is still being said.

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Oh I know, just letting you guys know this is still being said.

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me if Stern said theres only 7-8 documented cases. When I called them a few years back to ask if cabinet separating issues had been resolved (as I wanted to buy a NIB game) I was told "there's no cabinet issues, some simply didn't get enough glue". Still, that's a better response then Stern telling us "there are no widespread playfield issues".

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Either hes lying or they are.

#1261 4 years ago

This has been going on since 2015 with Stern anyways. Back then I was the minority now it seems the majority has bad playfields. Mine continued to chip down to the wood. It's a horrible feeling watching your very expensive fun toy fall apart to the point you don't want to play it. I really feel for everyone because I've been there. And have lost the whole NIB experience in this hobby.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

This is such trash. Stern keeps hiding their head in the sand.

I am not making any new purchases besides maybe CGC CCr in the upcoming future if these issues are not addressed head on.

Fuck stern.

I really want a JP but won't roll the dice on a $10,000 CND machine.

#1263 4 years ago
#1264 4 years ago

I cant understand how it can be so f hard to make them right. Go back before these problems and make them like then. Btw my nib Star Wars Premium from may 2018 is perfect.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I wonder why people believe JP2 LE won't have these playfield issues?

Pure poppycock.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

sand (resized).jpgsand (resized).jpg
#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone heard back from Stern on this issue? Its not much, but it at least JJP is recognizing that its an issue and have provided free play fields to people who are affected....has Stern done anything?

Just the standard we have forwarded your pictures email to Engineering, and QC

#1268 4 years ago

It really goes to show how much bigger in the industry Stern is than JJP. The JJP threads on the issue have been around for a while but it seemed like a fairly small amount of people being affected. At the time I thought I'm surprised Pinside is not going mental at this, a couple weeks later and issues start to appear on Sterns. Now its feels like this has spread to every topic and every machine in the last year is impacted. When it was JJP it was minor with Stern its the biggest issue since ghosting on Ghostbusters.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Stern is STILL saying 7 or 8 documented cases.....

Fake news of the pinball community.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It really goes to show how much bigger in the industry Stern is than JJP. The JJP threads on the issue have been around for a while but it seemed like a fairly small amount of people being affected. At the time I thought I'm surprised Pinside is not going mental at this, a couple weeks later and issues start to appear on Sterns. Now its feels like this has spread to every topic and every machine in the last year is impacted. When it was JJP it was minor with Stern its the biggest issue since ghosting on Ghostbusters.

What this thread tells me is that people want a play field that is done properly and if not they won’t buy NIB regardless of who manufactures the pin.

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Stern must have meant they only had a documented clear issue on 7 or 8 Machines.

JP2
BK2
Beatles
Munsters
IM
Met
GOTG

I miss any? Crazy what these manufacturers have been trying to get away with.

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Stern must have meant they only had a documented clear issue on 7 or 8 Machines.
JP2
BK2
Beatles
Munsters
IM
Met
GOTG

Wish I could thumb up x1000 on that!

#1273 4 years ago

Im going to give them a little time and see if they get this corrected because i want a JP and a Elvira 3, but im also now considering something different for my game room like a Bubble Hockey machine because I refuse to by another new pinball machine with a shitty playfield. Stern needs to find a way to win me back as a customer.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im going to give them a little time and see if they get this corrected because i want a JP and a Elvira 3, but im also now considering something different for my game room like a Bubble Hockey machine because I refuse to by anothe new pinball machine with a shitty playfield. Stern needs to find a way to win me back as a customer.

I just ordered up a Super Chexx Miracle on Ice....my kids and I have played this before....its a lot of fun I wouldn't buy shit from Stern or JJP until these issues are long gone...all the people on this thread who don't think its a big issue don't have pooling or chipping on their play fields...

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I just ordered up a Super Chexx Miracle on Ice....my kids and I have played this before....its a lot of fun I wouldn't buy shit from Stern or JJP until these issues are long gone...all the people on this thread who don't think its a big issue don't have pooling or chipping on their play fields...

Ive never played Bubble hockey but my buddy is getting one and its got me thinking about one a small amount at least. Ive heard many people say that they are a blast to play. I wish that i could play one somewhere but theres nine aroung that i know of. I bet a four player game on one would be a blast though. The downside to them is you cant play it by yourself.

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive never played Bubble hockey but my buddy is getting one and its got me thinking about one a small amount at least. Ive heard many people say that they are a blast to play. I wish that i could play one somewhere but theres nine aroung that i know of. I bet a four player game on one would be a blast though. The downside to them is you cant play it by yourself.

Yea thats only downside, which makes pins, and arcades so attractive.....its a really fun game if u have people to play with....great family fun

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea thats only downside, which makes pins, and arcades so attractive.....its a really fun game if u have people to play with....great family fun

Maybe a Big Buck Hunter? Yeeee haaaaw!

#1278 4 years ago

The playfield problems have to be wider spread than what is being said. The LE’s should be going out to buyers by now and they aren’t. This looks like more delays just like they had with Ghostbusters. Hopefully Stern can fix this quickly because the last time this happened it was months before it was fixed.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The LE’s should be going out to buyers by now and they aren’t.

Good observation. They know the microscopes will be coming out when those games are delivered and they better be confident in them.

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The playfield problems have to be wider spread than what is being said. The LE’s should be going out to buyers by now and they aren’t. This looks like more delays just like they had with Ghostbusters. Hopefully Stern can fix this quickly because the last time this happened it was months before it was fixed.

The funny thing is that every new game that Stern installs those large metal washers on is an admission from them that the game may suffer from pooling / chipping despite their "there's no widespread playfield issues" line.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The funny thing is that every new game that Stern installs those large metal washers on is an admission from them that the game may suffer from pooling / chipping despite their "there's no widespread playfield issues" line.

What about JJP? You love to Stern bash but you never say much about JJP seems like.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What about JJP? You love to Stern bash but you never say much about JJP seems like.

I've been hammering them in the playfield threads as well.

JJP has at least had an employee high up in the company, Jack, publically speak about the issue and personally call owners with severe chipping to offer a refund a replacement playfield and / or send one out for free. Stern however has only said "there's no widespread playfield issues". As of now JJP is handling this issue better then Stern but it doesn't really matter if JJP doesn't permanently correct the problem going forward. Also, it's still BS to expect customers to perform a playfield swap after spending $7.5k - $12.5k on a NIB pin.
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

#1283 4 years ago

no wonder they are having playfield issues around posts...

6B7F7384-9281-467C-8BE2-769B4075E1D1 (resized).jpeg6B7F7384-9281-467C-8BE2-769B4075E1D1 (resized).jpeg91B443D7-341D-40AF-AF71-7023F80FC576 (resized).jpeg91B443D7-341D-40AF-AF71-7023F80FC576 (resized).jpeg
#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My Super Chexx Pro gets delivered next week. I almost went with Miracle on ice.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Maybe time to call Neil Nicastro and get back in the pinball business.

Awww. Too soon.

#1286 4 years ago

Super Chexx are fun as fuck. Love those things!

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Super Chexx are fun as fuck. Love those things!

Can't play em by yourself Rick.

#1288 4 years ago

Jack called me tonight as well. He is sending me a new playfield for both my POTC and Wonka! They will be playfields from a new run. I’m very satisfied with a personal call and a free replacement playfield. I feel that is fair under the circumstances. Great touch to call customers personally. I’m impressed with that. We spoke for a few minutes and he was very genuine. He thanked me for my business and trust in his company as well and wanted to make sure I knew he valued me as a customer.

Is Gary Stern calling anyone?

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Jack called me tonight as well. He is sending me a new playfield for both my POTC and Wonka! They will be playfields from a new run. I’m very satisfied with a personal call and a free replacement playfield. I feel that is fair under the circumstances. Great touch to call customers personally. I’m impressed with that. We spoke for a few minutes and he was very genuine. He thanked me for my business and trust in his company as well and wanted to make sure I knew he valued me as a customer.

Nice move by Jack - free PFs is expected but you never know. +1 for JJP here.

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't play em by yourself Rick.

I can and I will! BWAAHAHA!

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

LOL

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well, enjoy that pf swap on your brand new pin. Yikes.

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Add my Maiden LE I bought NIB to the pile. Here's the pictures of the ones I sent to Stern multiple times that have been completely ignored. There's more, but couldn't photograph them well.
Of COURSE there are "no widespread issues" if they simply don't acknowledge them.
Sorry, but 9k is a HUGE expense for me, and I'm going to take a huge hit if I ever sell this.
I take care of my games, and have limited time to play my reasonably large collection... so basically a well maintained, fairly new, low play LE that looks like this is acceptable them. Awesome.
I don't know what's going on there now, but when my Star Wars pro had a bunch of ghosting 2 weeks after buying it new, they promptly sent me a populated PF. And every single issue I've had with other NIB games, heck even second hand ones, were promptly taken care of.
I had a JP and Beatles order ready to go... both cancelled. Super bummed as I love their games. No more Stern NIB games for me if this doesn't get resolved, this is a huge middle finger to not even get a "thanks for buying a bunch of our NIB games over the years, we acknowledge your issue and we're looking into making this right".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW.....totally speechless....

#1294 4 years ago

Great fun for half the price of pin, and I guarantee u we won't see pooling or chipping

#1295 4 years ago

My distributor wrote me asking for final payment on my JP2 LE. They should be shipping soon.
Do you feel the clear problems have been solved? Would you hold off and wait till this problem is 100% figured out with the chance of missing out on an LE?

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

His Lawyer

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I can and I will! BWAAHAHA!

You got some long arms on that Super Chexx then. LOL........

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

JP2
BK2
Beatles
Munsters
IM
Met
GOTG

Star Wars makes 8

And yes, crazy indeed.

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

My distributor wrote me asking for final payment on my JP2 LE. They should be shipping soon.
Do you feel the clear problems have been solved? Would you hold off and wait till this problem is 100% figured out with the chance of missing out on an LE?

YES!

There have been many LE future owners that are OUT. You can always get a Premium when issues are fixed. Many of us followed this path.

No need to gamble.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Pinsiders can’t really answer that. We can only speculate.

Contact Stern & ask if they solved the problem &/or the resolution if you’re affected

If you can live with a defective PF then get your LE

If you cannot live with a defective PF then cancel your LE

That’s just my take on things. I’m far from an expert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,495 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/26?hl=vinnie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.