IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 185.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

You need to replace those metal washers ASAP

The slings have plastic washers. Go figure?

#8702 2 years ago
1B064AFB-7798-48EB-9D6A-82EBD91C2BC9 (resized).jpeg1B064AFB-7798-48EB-9D6A-82EBD91C2BC9 (resized).jpeg8586B3A7-15A2-4877-8567-6C79B340E5C6 (resized).jpeg8586B3A7-15A2-4877-8567-6C79B340E5C6 (resized).jpeg
#8703 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful

#8704 2 years ago

What do you suppose they are doing with the games they buy back? Replacing the playfields and reselling them or just reselling them as is? If they replace the playfield do you suppose they are selling them as new again?

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did anything I said have anything to do with my position on the playfield??? He was projecting his view of the game based on the manual. Has nothing to do with your argument.

Seems this may be a bit hypocritical?

If I remember in a post previously you made a clear “opinion based” accusation that this person “hated JJP” yet they made zero mention of hating JJP? Then in this statement again your “diagnosing” this person of projecting?? Not sure resorting to name calling is the healthiest way to debate?
Just an observation

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

So you took photos from part of your PF that doesn’t have any issues yet and is not the posts load areas people are having problems with? Lol Slings and post load points would reveal more?

No. Ice gladly took photos of where most of the issues are now. If you go the the JJP threads you will see that is where most of the pooling and chipping is at the moment. The tapered washer around the slings seem to be doing a good job of hiding the pooling and chipping.

#8707 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What do you suppose they are doing with the games they buy back?

Haha. They aren’t buying any games back. They are just saying they are.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How’s the post on the upper playfield by the entrance to the lock?

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. They aren’t buying any games back. They are just saying they are.

We have at least one confirmed return at this point. Guy was close enough to the factory he could drive it back there.

#8710 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How’s the post on the upper playfield by the entrance to the lock?

It’s good too. Looked at that one as well. Doesn’t get the action the others do

I’m thinking if JJP put the silicone washers on the slings why didn’t they just put them all over?

Played some STH tonight. So good now as that code progressed.

#8711 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s good too. Looked at that one as well. Doesn’t get the action the others do
I’m thinking if JJP put the silicone washers on the slings why didn’t they just put them all over?
Played some STH tonight. So good now as that code progressed.

Think STH is the sleeper hit. What a fun playing game with the fleshed out code. Man does Stranger Things game flow!

#8712 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Was giving my view from both the Manuel and game play.

How did you manage to get the inside scoop from one of the employees?

#8713 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s your solution to these playfield issues folks!
Just take terrible, blurry photos in the dark and all playfields look awesome!

You need to patent and sell that to JJP PR dept

#8714 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what about the upper posts that are always pooling? You seem to be hiding those. And why the cabinet art? So far I don’t think gameplay has affected that. Come on!

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So what about the upper posts that are always pooling? You seem to be hiding those. And why the cabinet art? So far I don’t think gameplay has affected that. Come on!

Those are the upper posts in the pops? Lol

The upper pf posts are fine too. The cab art? Just because I was sitting here admiring it’s beauty!

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Think STH is the sleeper hit. What a fun playing game with the fleshed out code. Man does that game flow!

As Erik knows, get it dialed in right with the rails and returns to the flippers right and it’s a helluva flow game. Lots of risk/reward

#8716 2 years ago

You taking about that one?

73D3F2CD-D436-4451-90CE-B1103B0004B3 (resized).jpeg73D3F2CD-D436-4451-90CE-B1103B0004B3 (resized).jpeg
#8717 2 years ago

If you want to see some irrelevant pooling I’ll take some pics of my Munsters Le.

Zero pooling there. If you think you see anything it’s glare

#8718 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How did you manage to get the inside scoop from one of the employees?

Here is the “scoop” and it doesn’t take an employee, just knowing JJP website like I do. Here is the link to download GNR manual for yourself:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Oct2020.pdf

Look at the schematics and you’ll see there is almost nothing in the GNR game mech wise. For comparison, download Dialed In manual and see how loaded that game is with mechs. After looking at the comparisons, you’ll soon see GNR is almost devoid of what pinball is famous for and is mainly a box of light, with some good sounds. Do what Iceman recommends and have a drink or two and it won’t matter there are no ball interactive mechs in the game, lol. GNR is way overrrated that’s apparent to many now.

#8719 2 years ago

That’s exactly what your Dad Jack Sr. said.

#8720 2 years ago

Anybody on the fence? The game is phenomenal if you like GNR

And the WOW factor won’t fade when you get it home and crank it up. It wow’s me every time I play it and only gets better.

It’s hard to beat. Just put several more games on it without incident. . Nothing else comes close on a pin

#8721 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody on the fence? The game is phenomenal if you like GNR
And the WOW factor won’t fade when you get it home and crank it up. It wow’s me every time I play it and only gets better.
It’s hard to beat. Just put several more games on it without incident. . Nothing else comes close on a pin

Icy, good to keep hyping its value, since you own it, we get it. Lol

(And a second grats to winning the JJP PF lotto…you should be proud you’re not one of the many unlucky ones that didn’t.)

#8722 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Icy, good to keep hyping its value, since you own it, we get it. Lol

But I don’t need the $$$ Jimmy. Chump change. Lol

Fun factor, wow factor and overall awesome game!

Now Kaneda on the other hand is blowing a nut over potentially losing some value on his flip.

I find it f ing funny that some people can’t think for themselves, use common sense, and instead listen to some clueless idiot about what to do and how to spend their money

#8723 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now Kaneda on the other hand is blowing a nut over potentially losing some value on his flip.

Well he is now raising a family, so every dollar counts. (There are now so many JJP GNR PF problem threads, its tough to keep up!)

Ah, common sense is not so common these days, lol.

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Well he is now raising a family, so every dollar counts.

That’s why he needs to think about that new baby and quit whining about the value of his pinball machine! He can’t help himself. He’s addicted to drama and the desire to have the entire industry hate him so a few lemmings love him.

GNR is a great F ing game, little tiny chips or not

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Well he is now raising a family, so every dollar counts. (There are now so many JJP GNR PF problem threads, its tough to keep up!)
Ah, common sense is not so common these days, lol.

The idea of that guy starting a family is frightening.
In fact, it’s scarier than JJP’s response to the defective playfields.

#8726 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

That’s exactly what your Dad Jack Sr. said.

I’ve already been clear and honest about my hope that JJP does well and continues to produce great games!The Mirco playfields are tuff to handle I’m sick of it the same way all JJP fans are.So what is your motivation for all of these anti JJP responses and nonsensical reply’s ?
What makes you go on thread after thread making shit worse.What is your problem?

#8727 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve already been clear and honest about my hope that JJP does well and continues to produce great games!The Mirco playfields are tuff to handle I’m sick of it the same way all JJP fans are.So what is your motivation for all of these anti JJP responses and nonsensical reply’s ?
What makes you go on thread after thread making shit worse.What is your problem?

No issues my friend. We all hope the many JJP problems are solved for all the victims that spent thousands of dollars on something they wanted to enjoy in their homes. No one can make anything worse than already has been done by JJP themselves. We all want JJP to triumph past this and resolve the issues that have been plaguing them for the last 3 or 4 game releases. Peace to you.

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Here is the “scoop” and it doesn’t take an employee, just knowing JJP website like I do. Here is the link to download GNR manual for yourself:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Oct2020.pdf
Look at the schematics and you’ll see there is almost nothing in the GNR game mech wise. For comparison, download Dialed In manual and see how loaded that game is with mechs. After looking at the comparisons, you’ll soon see GNR is almost devoid of what pinball is famous for and is mainly a box of light, with some good sounds. Do what Iceman recommends and have a drink or two and it won’t matter there are no ball interactive mechs in the game, lol. GNR is way overrrated that’s apparent to many now.

I actually got kind of excited about GnR from the hype and reveal, but the first time I saw some game play in a stream i lost most of my enthusiasm. I'm sure it's better in person when you're playing it, but it is true that it's kind of lacking mechs for such an elaborate and expensive game.

#8729 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I actually got kind of excited about GnR from the hype and reveal, but the first time I saw some game play in a stream i lost most of my enthusiasm. I'm sure it's better in person when you're playing it, but it is true that it's kind of lacking mechs for such an elaborate and expensive game.

You’ve nailed it. In person it looks quite flashy, but when its played, you quickly realize there is little substance, after the flash of the stunning lights and music effects have worn off.

#8730 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’ve nailed it. In person it looks quite flashy, but when its played, you quickly realize there is little substance, after the flash of the stunning lights and music effects have worn off.

Did you actually read what Iceman and other owners have said about owning the game?The majority people that own it love it!Even the people that had playfield issues said they wouldn’t take buy back because they like it so much.I know what your doing here but but at least resist the more ignorant comments!

#8731 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you actually read what Iceman and other owners have said about owning the game?The majority people that own it love it!Even the people that had playfield issues said they wouldn’t take buy back because they like it so much.I know what your doing here but but at least resist the more ignorant comments!

I’m here just like you are, in a forum discussing our games, that’s it. Why do you insist on reading something else into it? It’s great people love their games, no objection. Forums are where we discuss problems that were all interested in, why is that so difficult for you to understand??? Neither one of us work for any of these companies, nor are these games our identity. Chill out my friend.

#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’m here just like you are, in a forum discussing our games, that’s it. Why do you insist on reading something else into it? It’s great people love their games, no objection. Forums are where we discuss problems that were all interested in, why is that so difficult for you to understand??? Neither one of us work for any of these companies, nor are these games our identity. Chill out my friend.

Oh we are not friends!I don’t befriend condescending A-holes

#8733 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In fairness, people that own a machine praise it. Just look at the top 100 list. When a game first comes out it is miraculously the best thing ever.

There's been a fair amount of people that have also played this and don't care for it. I am leaning towards the "meh" camp. It is beautiful, but the game play bores me to tears.

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

In fairness, people that own a machine praise it. Just look at the top 100 list. When a game first comes out it is miraculously the best thing ever.
There's been a fair amount of people that have also played this and don't care for it. I am leaning towards the "meh" camp. It is beautiful, but the game play bores me to tears.

You and anyone else have a right to their opinion of GnR,but that’s not what Jimmy A is doing here.If you reveiw his post it’s continuous trolling to downgrade JJP and bolstering Stern!

#8735 2 years ago

I think GnR is a fantastic flow game. Multiple inner loop to simultaneous multi ramp combos, staging balls on the flippers, while holding a ball on the upper playfield to either time the VUK, the lock or the lights target, multiple combos as an example.. I love the subtlety and smoothness of the flippers, able to do all sorts of flipper tricks for different scoring strategies. Love the game after I washered up, no further damage 1000 plays post PETG clears. My game looks beautiful after I ironed out the pooling.
Stilll one of the best out there.

#8736 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

game looks beautiful after I ironed out the pooling.

I see this mentioned a lot but can't find a thread or post of what is meant by this...how do you "iron out" pooling and does it matter when it happened? I would like to try this on my GOTG.

#8737 2 years ago

Eric just made GnR a mech-less game because I think they sank a lot into licensing... so he used the best mech in any modern pin to compensate... but multiballs can only go so far. "Autoshooter to the rescue" is a goto for a lot of modern pins, but if the rules float your boat, then enjoy. I like mechs myself, and physical ball locks, and progressive rules. GnR was lacking in the mechs, so my interest fell off.

#8738 2 years ago

Considering Slash approached JJP to make the game I doubt the license was very expensive. The game looks absolutely amazing to me. Just hoping they are able to resolve the playfield issues so I can have mine ship. I’ve pushed it back hoping they can.

#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

Considering Slash approached JJP to make the game I doubt the license was very expensive. The game looks absolutely amazing to me. Just hoping they are able to resolve the playfield issues so I can have mine ship. I’ve pushed it back hoping they can.

They arent going to fix them, man. They're three games in all with the same issues. Please temper your expectations.

#8740 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

The pin is amazing all the way around. I know i keep saying it but that’s how exciting the game is

Mechs? That’s why you buy JPLE and enjoy that game. Or EHOHLE

It has excellent flow when you hit your shots. Outer and inner loops

The mechs are in the unique lights and rock show concert. phenomenal wow factor

#8741 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I see this mentioned a lot but can't find a thread or post of what is meant by this...how do you "iron out" pooling and does it matter when it happened? I would like to try this on my GOTG.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#8742 2 years ago

I was wondering if a full playfield protector would work on GNR,I have one on my maiden and its perfect.

#8743 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I was wondering if a full playfield protector would work on GNR,I have one on my maiden and its perfect.

Won’t address any of the issues but if that’s what you like.

#8744 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Won’t address any of the issues but if that’s what you like.

I was wondering if it would keep an already nice playfield from going bad.No one said thats what i like.

#8745 2 years ago

Just to ask on the mech count situation, do modern sterns have more mechs? OK so the spinny thing in avengers lifts up to a broken subway, stranger things has a dropping ramp to a vagina, Mandalorian has a tilting ramp, none of these are mind blowing, its all ramps and if you're lucky a magnet. Way less BOM than earlier (not sega) efforts. I love alot of stern games an find them highly playable (Led Zep aside) so GnR can easily fall into that category, yes, less mechs than previous JJP but that doesn't really matter if the gameplay is awesome, which we can agree is down to the individual to decide...

#8746 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Just to ask on the mech count situation, do modern sterns have more mechs? OK so the spinny thing in avengers lifts up to a broken subway, stranger things has a dropping ramp to a vagina, Mandalorian has a tilting ramp, none of these are mind blowing, its all ramps and if you're lucky a magnet. Way less BOM than earlier (not sega) efforts. I love alot of stern games an find them highly playable (Led Zep aside) so GnR can easily fall into that category, yes, less mechs than previous JJP but that doesn't really matter if the gameplay is awesome, which we can agree is down to the individual to decide...

hmmm...

you forget Mick on the stick, and the t-fighter in SW (which i like a lot)

#8747 2 years ago

THIS is why JJP GnR Pinball playfields are Chipping (sorry for my language)

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Vid disagrees so I vote with him

#8749 2 years ago

Having the metal post snug with the wood hole - would make a stronger joint and cause less movement versus sloppy hole with post torqued on a washer to hold it in place.

Would like to hear Vid’s thoughts.

#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Seems this guy has figured out the issues of JJP PFgate. JJP is drilling the holes in the PF 2 mils too big! Good find! It was not poor Mirco’s issue ever and they’ve taken all the blame. Tisk tisk, JJP engineers! Eric is the engineer responsible for this mess, but he is a very young designer, so there are surely more experienced people there to know these things. Bet if JJP put a sleeve on each post or use a thicker post, would solve their problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/175?hl=retrocengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.